The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Derek Roy to VAN

Roy is a second liner, not a third liner.... We have Schroeder on the 3rd line, and he's doing fine playing there. Kesler will be playing RW with Roy down the middle. Look what LA gave up for Regher.... This is a solid trade....

Funny the shift in 24hrs. Those saying Gillis has to do something (me included and I didn't think he was going to other than a bottom 6 pick up) in a cheery mood while the stand pat fans out of the wood works.

Oh cdc

And as far as a 2nd goes. If regher is worth 2 2nds and handzus a 4th. A 2nd is expected.

Now Roy has had a decent season in Dallas. He plays with some talented players there also in top. 6 and is still on a 60pt pace.

Connauton was having a he'll of a season with wolves points wise. Could we have got more in the summer for a prospect of hos calibre, yes. Also have feeling Gillis may have started feeling heat from aquilini to do something

Guest Dasein

Roy could also help Schroeder take his game to another level.

Learn the ropes of playing in this league as a small center.

This is a great trade, dont know how we could of got him for just a second!!

I also am lost at how connaughton all of a sudden became out best d prospect. Amazing how much better he got in the last hour.....

The pick stings slightly but itts ok with our drafting and player development:) Roy will resign too

I'm liking what I've seen out of Schroeder. He's filled in admirably if not stunningly this year. He's certainly got a future but I'm not convinced he's the answer for the third especially heading in to the playoffs. He's responsible defensively but his size is going to be an issue when the games get more intense.

Roy does not address that issue either. THAT is my major issue with this trade. I'm glad Gillis filled a gaping hole at centre. I'm glad we might have a guy that can dish the puck to Kesler and Raymond/Hansen/Kassian/Booth. I'm disappointed we still don't really have a 3C.

It's not a bad trade, it's just not a GREAT trade. It's "merely" a necessary one.

don't you guys wanna win were in 4'th place without Roy and Kesler

if you look at the players being traded roy is one of the best

the cost was as good as you could possibly expect 2 2'nds are going for lesser players and I'd way rather trade cannaughton

McKenzie said this does not rule out a potential Clowe deal.............. YES!!!!

Raymond, Ballard bye bye tommorow.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Jensen - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Roy - Hansen

Clowe - Lappiere - Weise

xqefEH.jpg

2nd rounder seems like overpayment for an undersized rental, but am I the only one who's excited to see what Roy can do for Kesler?

Yes, I'd rather have Jagr, but we are getting a 60 point playmaker who can fill in at C. Isn't that what everybody said Kesler needed?

Archived