Trolling/trawling are both correct.

#32 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,358 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

Higgins left money on the table to re-sign here.

Oh for frack sakes am i getting tired of this line. It's 4 years for a guy who constantly goes on dry spells and gets hurt. We're likely going to regret this deal in a season or two, if not sooner with a reduced cap.
Posted Image

#33 Everybody Hates Raymond

Everybody Hates Raymond

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

If they are 'all-in' I have to think that they will be trading Luongo at the deadline.

Luongo for 2nd/3rd and MacArthur?

#34 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

Luongo is worth at least a first. If we move Luongo, and/or ballard.. we're fine next year
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#35 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Trolling/trawling are both correct.

Nothing "weird" about either.

#36 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Oh for frack sakes am i getting tired of this line. It's 4 years for a guy who constantly goes on dry spells and gets hurt. We're likely going to regret this deal in a season or two, if not sooner with a reduced cap.

As much as I love Higgy, I kinda have to agree. I don't know if a 4 year deal was right to give.

dontforgettolentil.png

#37 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Yeah, not sure why 2.5 per isn't about right. 4 years might hurt though as you say.

Edited by Quoted, 02 April 2013 - 12:59 PM.

#38 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,264 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

He said that Roy will be playing 3rd line center, between Higgins and Hansen, but I'm guessing he'll be playing on the 2nd line until Kesler comes back

I did find that interesting that they were looking at him for the 3rd, so it could mean we continue with some youth on the 2nd when Kesler gets back. Perhaps Schroeder, Kassian, Burrows or even Jensen on his wings along with Raymond. One of Kassian or Jensen could also go with the Sedins and have Burrows with Raymond and Kesler on the 2nd as well.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#39 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

look at the market around the league. higgins is getting paid peanuts compared to other players of his calibre in the NHL ... right now his cap hit is on par with guys like tootoo and cooke. this is a much-deserved raise and still a hometown discount at 2.5M for a potential 20-goal scorer.

#40 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

look at the market around the league. higgins is getting paid peanuts compared to other players of his calibre in the NHL ... right now his cap hit is on par with guys like tootoo and cooke. this is a much-deserved raise and still a hometown discount at 2.5M for a potential 20-goal scorer.

i'd compare him to pascal dupuis tbh, and he's only making 1.5
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#41 Viking13

Viking13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

This time of the year has ALWAYS been more exciting than Christmas morning!!! Absolutely love it!!!!
Bush league fans have made Luongo the scapegoat for Vancouver's shortfall... Typical...

#42 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Did he say 'we're out there trolling on all fronts' looking for a deal. I swear he said trolling, but figured I must have misheard and he said patrolling. :lol:

You don't fish much do you
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#43 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:02 PM

higgins. great signing. roy. even better! now we need a goal scorer (proven) and a right hand shot defenceman
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#44 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,675 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

Really hoping for a Luongo trade and get a PP defensiveman.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#45 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,358 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

If we're going after Clarkson and not Clowe, there is a connection to Derek Roy. Clarkson is cheaper at the moment, but will be seeking a huge raise. However, i doubt NJ is a seller.
Posted Image

#46 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

I am at work and unable to really take the time to analyze what everyone is saying so sorry if this has been answered but did gilman imply they are going after clowe?

2en5jwi.jpg

CHOCOLATE RAIN, YOU GUYS! CHOCOLATE RAIN!

Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

#47 Ride the red Pony

Ride the red Pony

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

If we're going after Clarkson and not Clowe, there is a connection to Derek Roy. Clarkson is cheaper at the moment, but will be seeking a huge raise. However, i doubt NJ is a seller.

Either one would be a good move IMO, although I would veer more towards Clarkson if available, could Lou be looking at Lou?

#48 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:40 PM

I am at work and unable to really take the time to analyze what everyone is saying so sorry if this has been answered but did gilman imply they are going after clowe?

Not directly - which makes sense as it is in process and he can't/won't say anything untl there is an actual deal (or not).

#49 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,696 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

Adding a defenseman today or tomorrow means that we can rest Bieksa.

He's clearly not playing like himself with that groin injury.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#50 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,073 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Did he say 'we're out there trolling on all fronts' looking for a deal. I swear he said trolling, but figured I must have misheard and he said patrolling. :lol:

No. Trolling, as in fishing with a lure while the boat is moving. I swear they ask people to be able to spell their own names as the only graduation requirement these days.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#51 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,725 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

I've heard that Jamie McBain is available.

Maybe him?

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#52 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

As much as I love Higgy, I kinda have to agree. I don't know if a 4 year deal was right to give.

Really? This guy plays his heart out like Hansen, and will do so for the next 4 years. Why wouldn't you want to keep a guy like that for that long?

0au3Jj.gifhuntersmalll.jpg

#53 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,358 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

Clarkson. Ott. Raffi. Bigger trade involving ???
Posted Image

#54 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

No. Trolling, as in fishing with a lure while the boat is moving. I swear they ask people to be able to spell their own names as the only graduation requirement these days.

I understand that it's more fun to take an opportunity like this to show everyone how easy it is to look up words on wikipedia, but not everyone is familiar with every method of fishing. I happen to be from a city where fishing is very common, and so terms like trawling (the way we spell it) are commonplace. That's why IQ tests are based on gender, region, age, background; to make up for cultural variables. Do you think a family that lives in the Arctic is familiar with lizards or windsurfing? Then why in the f ck would think you are smarter than them just because you do?
It is much easier to destroy things than to create them. And the ability to destroy doesn't make you smart.

Edited by Vansicle, 02 April 2013 - 03:58 PM.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#55 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

I understand that it's more fun to take an opportunity like this to show everyone how easy it is to look up words on wikipedia, but not everyone is familiar with every method of fishing. I happen to be from a city where fishing is very common, and so terms like trawling (the way we spell it) are commonplace. That's why IQ tests are based on gender, region, age, background; to make up for cultural variables. Do you think a family that lives in the Arctic is familiar with lizards or windsurfing? Then why in the f ck would think you are smarter than them just because you do?
It is much easier to destroy things than to create them. And the ability to destroy doesn't make you smart.

"Trolling" is used in a whole lot on contexts than just fishing. Half these threads accuse people of being a "troll" and "trolling" (more the negative use of it). So, hardly an obscure term.

Trawling and trolling are totally different fishing methods.

#56 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:29 PM

"Trolling" is used in a whole lot on contexts than just fishing. Half these threads accuse people of being a "troll" and "trolling" (more the negative use of it). So, hardly an obscure term.

Trawling and trolling are totally different fishing methods.

That is where the problem started. Someone who wasn't aware of the various fishing terms loled at Gilman using the term trolling.
My ignorance of the difference between the two fishing methods even further illustrates my point. Why is someone an idiot for not knowing each of these fishing terms? Why should this be something to be ridiculed for?

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#57 TheWheeler

TheWheeler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

So.... Kesler played his best when he was a wing on Sundin's line (which I agree with).

Yet Derek Roy is going to play 3rd line C....

For crying out loud, why not just have Roy center Kesler? I feel that it would be a great line, and also take some wear and tear off of Kesler. Protect your frigging assets Canuck management.

Let Schroeder figure things out and keep him with Hansen/Raymond. COULD have the makings of a great team with this Roy addition if it's done right.

#58 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,609 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

That is where the problem started. Someone who wasn't aware of the various fishing terms loled at Gilman using the term trolling.
My ignorance of the difference between the two fishing methods even further illustrates my point. Why is someone an idiot for not knowing each of these fishing terms? Why should this be something to be ridiculed for?

You're right - I suspect when someone heard "trolling" they thought it meant something else ("giggle giggle"). To be fair, there are also a lot of people for whom English is not their first language, so even though I don't think "trolling" is obscure, it doens't mean everyone knows it.

#59 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

You're right - I suspect when someone heard "trolling" they thought it meant something else ("giggle giggle"). To be fair, there are also a lot of people for whom English is not their first language, so even though I don't think "trolling" is obscure, it doens't mean everyone knows it.

Exactly.

#60 AjitGill17

AjitGill17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:50 PM

So.... Kesler played his best when he was a wing on Sundin's line (which I agree with).

Yet Derek Roy is going to play 3rd line C....

For crying out loud, why not just have Roy center Kesler? I feel that it would be a great line, and also take some wear and tear off of Kesler. Protect your frigging assets Canuck management.

Let Schroeder figure things out and keep him with Hansen/Raymond. COULD have the makings of a great team with this Roy addition if it's done right.

Agree and get Gordon/Matthias as the 3rd line shutdown centreman. Also adding Torres as a 4th line would make our 4th line of Torres-Lapierriere-Kassian amazing. Not to mention the checking third line of Higgins-(Gordon/Matthias)-Hansen which also has a ability to score.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.