62 replies to this topic

#31 pibroch

pibroch

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Apparently Dallas is rebuilding. Maybe Benn?

:bigblush:

#32 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:23 AM

From what I've heard, Kes is expected back within a week or so. Being that we only play 5 games in the next 13 days I would assume in the short term Burrows stays as the 2nd line center until Kesler's return and then goes back to the wing and a depth winger gets reassigned to the Wolves.

That being said, I agree that it sucks to see Shroeder go back down. I like him, but he does need some more development and I worry that just switching him to the wing may have stymied his development in that regard.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#33 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

I have no problem with this.

I like how JS plays the game, but putting him where he'll likely get good time with Kassian and not a slot machine of linemates will do him nothing but good. A Morrison/Bertuzzi comparison might be in order; Morrison was a small-ish speedy forward with strong two way instincts but lacking any real 'punch' to his game, and Bert, well... was a goon with some sick hands and a questionable work ethic.

I'd say that worked out pretty well when placed with a Scandinavian who had eyes for the net... Fortunately we might just have one of those kicking around somewhere.

Develop them together, develop them as a unit. See what kicks out of the fan...

This ^

#34 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:29 AM

You'd think he'd stay until Kesler returns...even Ebbett went down.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#35 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

Could be cap management stuff... nice to send down those that don't need to clear waivers. I would wait before worrying JS was relgated to the wolves for the season.

I can see that being the case - either roster spots or cap. With Kesler being out for another week, not sure who will play there (unless they continue to use Higgins/Burrows/Raymond at center) in the meantime. I'd still like to see Lain as a 4th line C and work with Lappy as the 3C, but perhaps something else is in the works.

No kidding. The Wolves really just got a whole lot better. It will be interesting to see how they perform down the stretch.

They really did need the help at center. They've been struggling in that department, but with the K-Wings season over the Wolves just got Mallet and Friesen (along with Grenier and Sauve) back up too.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#36 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,214 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:42 AM

More to come! More to come! More playoff ghost rentals, please!
Posted Image

#37 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:01 PM

Another move coming? Perhaps a third line center?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#38 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:04 PM

I know a lot of people put him down, but I like this trade for Roy. I still believe he can be a beast, and especially in a Canucks uni.

Though, I will be upset if Luongo doesn't get traded. I've accepted Cory as our #1, and I'd rather see Luongo play every game in a different jersey than see him sit on the bench every game in a Canucks jersey.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#39 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

But... Kesler isn't back until next week at the earliest.

Bozak or Clowe incoming? :lol:

I think Schroeder has to be in the AHL before the deadline to be on Chicago's clear list or something? Otherwise he can't play with the Wolves for the remainder of the year. I remember they did something like that with Tanev previously.

I was wondering too why they would send him down before Kesler is healthy.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#40 Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

its so stupid

luo_sig_with_words.jpg

#41 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

He needs to be packaged and traded for Clowe, this is a must...at all cost Gillis needs to make this work, make it happen MG, make it happen!!!

No way I want to trade one of our top prospects for a guy with 0 goals this season.

#42 redhdlois

redhdlois

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

I'll miss the speed line

#43 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,150 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Opening up room for a trade. I have a feeling its going to involve Roberto

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#44 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

I think Schroeder has to be in the AHL before the deadline to be on Chicago's clear list or something? Otherwise he can't play with the Wolves for the remainder of the year. I remember they did something like that with Tanev previously.

I was wondering too why they would send him down before Kesler is healthy.

Nope, the clear day roster is gone for this season:

This season, due to the lockout, the NHL Trade Deadline will take place on April 3rd and the AHL Trade Deadline a week later on April 10th. There will be no Clear Day Roster set at this time, and the AHL Playoff Roster — of 22 players (or shares) — will be submitted by each team at the end of the regular season in later April. This also means the NHL teams will not be limited to four recalls from the Trade Deadline to the end of the season.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#45 Jagr68

Jagr68

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

Good.

#46 Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

Few things. I think Kass is coming right back after one or two games down there. Kass will take this slap on the wrist and come back strong with just 10 games left in the year to get playoff ready.

Second, not a biggie that Schroeder is being sent down. Which prompted me to compare the early career arc of Roy Vs. Schroeder, as undersized centres.

Roy went;
NHL 2003-2004 His Rookie Year with Buffalo = 9 goals, 10 assists, -8 in 49 games
AHL 2004-2005 Played the full year in the AHL = 16 goals, 45 assists, -4 in 67 games
NHL 2005-2006 Second NHL Season = 18goals, 28 assists, +1 in 70 games
NHL 2006-2007 Break Out Year 3rd "full" NHL seaon, 21goals, 42 assists, Break out year.

Lofty goal for Schroeder, but reflecting on Roy's numbers, many players don't make a big impact in their first full year. Schroeder has the potential to deliver Roy's 2005-2006 season, next year. But it will be hard to do as a 3rd line C behind Kes. Would like to see him put on 10lbs of solid muscle.
My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. Whats really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?

#47 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

Few things. I think Kass is coming right back after one or two games down there. Kass will take this slap on the wrist and come back strong with just 10 games left in the year to get playoff ready.

Second, not a biggie that Schroeder is being sent down. Which prompted me to compare the early career arc of Roy Vs. Schroeder, as undersized centres.

Roy went;
NHL 2003-2004 His Rookie Year with Buffalo = 9 goals, 10 assists, -8 in 49 games
AHL 2004-2005 Played the full year in the AHL = 16 goals, 45 assists, -4 in 67 games
NHL 2005-2006 Second NHL Season = 18goals, 28 assists, +1 in 70 games
NHL 2006-2007 Break Out Year 3rd "full" NHL seaon, 21goals, 42 assists, Break out year.

Lofty goal for Schroeder, but reflecting on Roy's numbers, many players don't make a big impact in their first full year. Schroeder has the potential to deliver Roy's 2005-2006 season, next year. But it will be hard to do as a 3rd line C behind Kes. Would like to see him put on 10lbs of solid muscle.

That could take him a very long time, since he is already 180 pounds at his height.

I can see him adding ten pounds, but I dunno about all muscle, unless he hits the juice. :lol:

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#48 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Again, I was scratching my head when I heard this. Nothing against Ebbett, but Schroeder seems to have more to offer and needs to actually play in the NHL at this point over him.

However, I see they were both sent down.
Posted Image

#49 sgt. grumbles

sgt. grumbles

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Again, I was scratching my head when I heard this. Nothing against Ebbett, but Schroeder seems to have more to offer and needs to actually play in the NHL at this point over him.

However, I see they were both sent down.

Having Schroeder center a fourth line is senseless though. It would be counter-intuitive to play him in that role.

#50 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,207 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Having Schroeder center a fourth line is senseless though. It would be counter-intuitive to play him in that role.

yes it is.
Posted Image

#51 sgt. grumbles

sgt. grumbles

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

yes it is.

It's kind of unfortunate because I like Schroeder. He has skill and I like the speed and energy his play brings to the team. He's going to be a bona fide second / third line center depending on the state of the team one day.

Edited by sgt. grumbles, 02 April 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#52 Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Your New Coach Mr. Tippett

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

he is already 180 pounds at his height

Yeah, and he's really 5'9" too, right?

Shroeder is 5'7" AT BEST. And I would guess 165-170.

I've stood beside him and I am 5'9" 165.
My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. Whats really goin on down there? Who is the real hero?

#53 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:13 PM

Only in the magically insane universe of tradedeadlineville is Derek Roy an upgrade on Jordan Schroeder. Better to have Schroeder get some experience in the stretch run/playoffs than send him down and replace him with a rental who brings the exact same things he does minus some speed, youth, and potential...I don't really understand what is going on here.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#54 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:37 PM

Only in the magically insane universe of tradedeadlineville is Derek Roy an upgrade on Jordan Schroeder. Better to have Schroeder get some experience in the stretch run/playoffs than send him down and replace him with a rental who brings the exact same things he does minus some speed, youth, and potential...I don't really understand what is going on here.

Get back to me when Schroeder puts up 4 60+ point seasons in the NHL.

#55 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,606 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

As expected..

I hope MG isn't done just yet. Our blueline needs some change as well. I also think we are a little weak on the right side as well for forwards.

307mg00.jpg

#56 Bure1994Mclean

Bure1994Mclean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Man, the more time that goes on I just get the sense it just won't work with Schroeder here.
OMG SUNDIN.

The word fear is not in our dictionary, it is in the eyes of the enemy.

The objective of war is not to die for your country, it is to make the enemy die for theirs.

One generation plants the trees, the other gets the shade.

#57 VanNuck

VanNuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:38 AM

They should bring him back when Kesler gets back. That'll give them three scoring lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Schroder
Hansen-Roy-Higgins

Talk about scoring depth. They should have no problem getting pucks into the net now come playoffs.

#58 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,223 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:10 AM

This was precautionary in case we landed Clowe. Apparently it went right down to the wire and we were one of the two final teams so makes sense to send someone down who doesn't have to clear waivers. Also makes sense to drop Ebbett and Schroeder as Roy isn't a big center himself. I expect these to be our lines for the Edmonton game:

Sedin - Sedin - Jensen
Higgins - Burrows - Hansen (amazing last game, they're not getting touched)
Raymond - Roy - Weise
Pinizotto - Lapierre - Sestito

When fully healthy we have the deepest forwards in the NHL without a doubt. No team has a better bottom-6 than this:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Hansen
Booth - Roy - Higgins
Kassian - Lapierre - Weise
Posted Image

#59 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:16 AM

Yikes, you really don't see how Roy is an upgrade on Schroeder? Roy, an established two-way, 20-30 goal scorer vs. a prospect? With 10 games left in the season when the team is struggling to win NOW?

Edited by Moonshinefe, 03 April 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#60 Amish Rake Fighter

Amish Rake Fighter

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,517 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

Once you actually see Roy play, you'll understand.

He's got a higher career point per game average than everyone on the Canucks not named Sedin so he's a mile ahead of Schroeder offensively.

He's at least as fast as Schroeder, probably faster, better defensively and definitely tougher in puck battles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.