The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder re-assigned to the Chicago Wolves

hockeyville88

Guest Dasein

Kesler must be healthy

or....Bozak ?

Nonis must be worried seeing Derek Roy signed.

Kipper wants to retire and hes got 2 rookies and a pressure cooker market thats going supernova as soon as playoffs hit T.O.

Schroeder is a good little player, the key, being little.

Gillis is drafting 6"3-6"5 centres and Jordans future here is limited imo.

Jordan Schroeder and Andrew Ebbett?

I like Burrows but i dont think he is suited better at center than the other two...would have kept at least one until Kesler is for sure ready to go.

But any who Chicago Wolves must be jumping for joy...they are getting almost a free tradedeadline day for themselves. Within days Kassian, Gordon, Ebbett, Schroeder and Barker.

They're going to be a strong team going forward.

I have no problem with this.

I like how JS plays the game, but putting him where he'll likely get good time with Kassian and not a slot machine of linemates will do him nothing but good. A Morrison/Bertuzzi comparison might be in order; Morrison was a small-ish speedy forward with strong two way instincts but lacking any real 'punch' to his game, and Bert, well... was a goon with some sick hands and a questionable work ethic.

I'd say that worked out pretty well when placed with a Scandinavian who had eyes for the net... Fortunately we might just have one of those kicking around somewhere.

Develop them together, develop them as a unit. See what kicks out of the fan...

From what I've heard, Kes is expected back within a week or so. Being that we only play 5 games in the next 13 days I would assume in the short term Burrows stays as the 2nd line center until Kesler's return and then goes back to the wing and a depth winger gets reassigned to the Wolves.

That being said, I agree that it sucks to see Shroeder go back down. I like him, but he does need some more development and I worry that just switching him to the wing may have stymied his development in that regard.

I have no problem with this.

I like how JS plays the game, but putting him where he'll likely get good time with Kassian and not a slot machine of linemates will do him nothing but good. A Morrison/Bertuzzi comparison might be in order; Morrison was a small-ish speedy forward with strong two way instincts but lacking any real 'punch' to his game, and Bert, well... was a goon with some sick hands and a questionable work ethic.

I'd say that worked out pretty well when placed with a Scandinavian who had eyes for the net... Fortunately we might just have one of those kicking around somewhere.

Develop them together, develop them as a unit. See what kicks out of the fan...

I know a lot of people put him down, but I like this trade for Roy. I still believe he can be a beast, and especially in a Canucks uni.

Though, I will be upset if Luongo doesn't get traded. I've accepted Cory as our #1, and I'd rather see Luongo play every game in a different jersey than see him sit on the bench every game in a Canucks jersey.

Archived