The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Clowe sweepstakes down to two teams.

Whether I should be putting this under the "rumor" Clowe topic or not, up to you Mods to drop this topic.

As Bob McKenzie has just tweeted:

Ryane Clowe Sweepstakes down to NYR and VAN but all the smart money is being put down on the Rangers. Stay tuned.

And ,

@RenLavoieRDS2m

Ryane Clowe trade won't be done as a trade and sign. More as a rental. NYR and Vancouver on top right now. #transactions2013

I'll just consider this as a report... rather than a rumor

If its down to VAN and NYR and its up to Clowe, I think he will pick us cause of our better playoff position and his relationship with Vigneault.. however if we move a 1st in this trade I will be very unhappy with Gillis.. why the hell do you move a 1st and 2nd in this good of a draft?

realllllyy want ryane here as he is a prototypical power forward when he is on his game. Kind of like lucic as he would bring an intimidation factor, as well as secondary scoring. Imagine:

sedins-burr

clowe-kesler-roy

higgins-lapierre-kassian

raymond-(boyd gordon?)-weise

spares: sestito,pinnizotto, and schroeder in the minors

So pretty much it's down to him now.

Where does he wanna go?

NYR has a lot of top forwards like Richards, Gaborik, and Nash but they've been underachieving big time. Is Clowe a piece that puts them over the top? And does he want to play for Totorella?

Vancouver's been struggling, but he knows what this team is capable of when it gets hot. Plus you've got the AV factor and the fact that he stays in the West.

Hard to say, but I guess the ball is in his court.

If its down to VAN and NYR and its up to Clowe, I think he will pick us cause of our better playoff position and his relationship with Vigneault.. however if we move a 1st in this trade I will be very unhappy with Gillis.. why the hell do you move a 1st and 2nd in this good of a draft?

Archived