The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Acquiring Clowe .. what will this mean for Kassian?

"Bull" Horvat

Exactly what my topic asks,

So getting Clowe is adding a rare power-forward that many teams lack. Now isn't that also the same reason why we got Kassian?

Are we really gonna stick with both of them like a Lucic & Horton combo on a team?

Now its obvious why Clowe is being sought after for Gillis because - simply, Boston is still that tough team, Pittsburgh has added a lo of, obvious, grit in acquiring Iginla & Morrow.

The LA Kings, has their power forwards for the playoffs in Penner (yeah I know Pancakes has been benched several times) & their captain Dustin Brown. Anaheim has their's in their top guys Ryan, Getzlaf & Perry. Now all these names I've listed aren't just 4th line guys like Raffi Torres, so there really isn't much to compare with. As much as I don't mind Clowe, what exactly, will spark Clowe to score again if ... Centers like Marleau, Thornton, Pavelski, Couture hasn't been able to feed him the puck for a SINGLE goal? It's evident that the Sedins NEED Burrows. So lets not even throw him on the top line there.

Before you guys all look at his season this year, just to remind you, this guy has been a huge point producing machine. in the last 4 years, he's had 52, 57, 62, 45.

Only at the age of 30, these points aren't gonna go down that quick.

I'd give him an one year offer near the end of the season to see how he pans it out. Maybe even more years.

Now ... there were reports that Clowe wants to sign and trade. But according to reports in the past 20 minutes, it won't be the case anymore. Just letting you guys know. Have a happy next ... 21 hours and 8 minutes ...

Sounds like Clowe is more likely NY bound than Vancouver, but still nothing done.

Sounds like management has issues with Kassian at the moment.

So, unless something drastic happens, neither are playing with the Canucks any time soon.

But, if they do get Clowe and Kassian does whatever they have asked hm to do, why not keep both?

I think it may be harder to keep both Roy and Clowe unless something else happens.

Sounds like Clowe is more likely NY bound than Vancouver, but still nothing done.

Sounds like management has issues with Kassian at the moment.

So, unless something drastic happens, neither are playing with the Canucks any time soon.

But, if they do get Clowe and Kassian does whatever they have asked hm to do, why not keep both?

I think it may be harder to keep both Roy and Clowe unless something else happens.

Guest Pinchin

Kassian is still quite young and could need a couple years bouncing up and down before getting his NHL footing. I don't think Clowe is coming here, but if he does it only takes more pressure off Kassian to perform before he's ready.

I wouldnt discredit his ability due to this years stats. Maybe he needs a new start with different coaches and/or players. He has proven in the past he has great offensive potential or we wouldnt be having this conversation right now.

Archived