The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Ryane Clowe to NYR

Streit and Nabokov are UFAs - Streit not looking like he's gonna re-sign - Nabokov an ideal expiring contract backup for us that the Isles can extract a little rental value for.

Luo solidifies the up and comer Isles future and the gaping hole in goal that is rapidly approaching.

Isles need a veteran blueliner - can retrieve value for Streit at the same time.

Have a ton of young depth at center and a couple more A prospects emerging - can take back Ebbett for veteran depth for this year's run.

Have a lot of prospect depth - need to give us an A and B prospect for Luo.

Positional swaps that take create no holes on either roster.

Luo Ballard Ebbett (UFA)

Streit (UFA), Cizikas, Nabokov (UFA), 1st/Nino, Pokka.

Why would you EVER trade Luongo to the Islanders?

Luongo deserves to go wherever the hell he wants. If his #1 trade destination is Florida, you trade him to Florida. For all the crap he's had to deal with, you don't crap on him even more when you trade him.

this makes sense for San Jose, just like the Murray trade, why would you trade within your own division unless the deal is UNBELIEVABLE, it can't be a comparable deal as this player may come back to haunt you.......and maybe, just maybe Clowe out of respect didn't want to play against San Jose.......just saying

Wow, just saw that is was a 2,2,3 for Clowe. CDC would have lost their ish (in a bad way) if GMMG did that deal. I know I would have.

Clowe is just filling the gap for the Rags that they created when they crapped the bed when they lost Prust. And look what it cost them.

We already got a 'power forward' that can't score, nor create on his own. Hint, he just got sent to the AHL.

I'm on the Torres bandwagon now.

Archived