The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Now that Clowe is gone, who's left with size and scoring ability?

Italia2006

Yeah, he's a penalty killer. Normally wouldn't expect NYR to consider moving him, but not a good year.

Just a wish really - probably not as realistic as some other options.

Would be happy with Boyd Gordon though - not a big guy, but a very good depth shutdown center.

That's too much for Pominville in my opinion. I think Gaunce will turn out to be a solid prospect with the potential of being a captain. The 1st round pick makes sense but I have a hard time believing Gillis will give it up especially knowing that it is going to be a strong draft.

If Gillis feels like he will not be able to give Mason Raymond a contract extension how would you feel about a trade of:

Mason Raymond, ,Keith Ballard, and a 2nd round pick 2014

for Matt Martin and Travis Hamonic?

Bios

Martin: 1M cap hit, leads league in hits, Canadian boy, 6 foot 3. Only 6 points in 36 games though

Travis Hamonic: Right handed D man.-9. 10 points in 37 games.

I'm not overly familiar with these Islanders players so I may be way off the mark. But feel free to comment if you like these players and what would need to be added to make this happen (if you would want it to happen)

Edit: I remember Hamonic from World juniors and for being a highly touted prospect. Not sure how well he developed though. Don't hear too much about the other New York team ;)

I would crap my pants if we got Raffi Torres back, in a good way. He's obviously got Clowe's size and toughness factor, and while he may not have the skill, he has more goals than Clowe this season, and is obviously much cheaper.

Archived