The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis: "don't know if there will be much more activity when we get to tomorrow"

J529

I am not sick of having both Schneider and Luongo in Vancouver, it's not healthy and only due to the two netminder's professionalism and character has this situation not gone sour.

Maybe a better deal can be worked out in the offseason, having two quality netminders never hurt anybody, however the team needs to add pieces if they wish to take a run this season, Luongo arguably can bring the Canucks at least one piece towards a run for the Cup this year.

So obviously the team won't just move Luongo unless they get a solid piece(s) in return to help them, but this is the time to use your assets to obtain pieces to fill in the team's weaknesses.

I am not sick of having both Schneider and Luongo in Vancouver, it's not healthy and only due to the two netminder's professionalism and character has this situation not gone sour.

Maybe a better deal can be worked out in the offseason, having two quality netminders never hurt anybody, however the team needs to add pieces if they wish to take a run this season, Luongo arguably can bring the Canucks at least one piece towards a run for the Cup this year.

So obviously the team won't just move Luongo unless they get a solid piece(s) in return to help them, but this is the time to use your assets to obtain pieces to fill in the team's weaknesses.

It's a waste to have both. I've never heard of a team making a Cup run with over nine million dollars tied up in goaltending. Here we have two very capable #1 tenders, we only need one, but we're going to keep both instead of trading one to upgrade somewhere else in the line up. It doesn't make any sense. And goaltending is the least of our worries so there's no need to keep both.

1040 discussed how there will be xx number of goalies on the FA market. If people think it's tough to move Luongo now, wait until there's a handful of other options freely available.

I can't imagine after all this time Gillis still can't get a deal done.

Include Ballard's 4+ million, Booth's +4 million. A combined 1 goal. Two goalies; only one of them can play. A combined 9.33 million I believe is accurate as you pointed out.

About 16 million tied up injuries, redundancy, and very little return.

Anyone else see a huge problem here?

Include Ballard's 4+ million, Booth's +4 million. A combined 1 goal. Two goalies; only one of them can play. A combined 9.33 million I believe is accurate as you pointed out.

About 16 million tied up injuries, redundancy, and very little return.

Anyone else see a huge problem here?

It's Gillis, what do people expect? Specially when for some reason, thinks that the summer will turn more up for Lu. He couldn't get one done last summer, why would he now? (other than the one where Lu failed to waive). Frustrating how patient he can be when it's based off of so little.

Archived