The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis: "don't know if there will be much more activity when we get to tomorrow"

J529

True, most teams don't tie up that much in goalies, but does that make it bad? If they are OK playing tgether, I think having two goalies of that calibre can only be a good thing.

I think you're right in that keeping both at the expense of a trade isn't the way to go. But, it just seems that there isn't a deal out there worth doing (I can't believe that MG is saying no to reasonable trades becuae he wants both goalies).

I don't think Gillis will do anything else except something very minor.

He could also shock us (well not really) and make the annual trade with Florida. None of the deals with them have worked out, except Luongo, of course.

Maybe the only way to turn this team around and get change is nothing else is done by tomorrow's deadline, Canucks go out once again in 4 or 5 games in first round, and perhaps some major changes finally occur. I doubt it.

There's rumor and notion out there that alot of GM's around the league don't want to deal with Gillis, because of his past as player agent. Could be something to that, given how long this goaltending situation has gone on for.

He's playing chicken with other GM's. Prices are too high and if you want Lu give us what we need and you can beat the competition to his signature. I wouldn't expect him to say anything else.

Just can't win. If he was as open as Gilman and deals don't come off then you'd slate him for not getting it done!! Just be happy we got Roy for a decent price and hope he can find another deal.

He's playing chicken with other GM's. Prices are too high and if you want Lu give us what we need and you can beat the competition to his signature. I wouldn't expect him to say anything else.

Just can't win. If he was as open as Gilman and deals don't come off then you'd slate him for not getting it done!! Just be happy we got Roy for a decent price and hope he can find another deal.

How can it? You have Howard, Halal and others becoming free agents, you have Bernier, Bishop/Anderson getting dealt. Not moving Luongo prior to tomorrow will cost MG his job.

Amnesty buyout?

Derek Roy just postponed the Luongo trade

If we fail to resign Roy however we will be in the same spot as this morning.

He is betting the market will open up this summer.

Archived