The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen and Roy

First off, I will say that the recent aquiry of Roy is oustanding and, and and .... could be a very important factor to really help get this team back on the their skates again.

I really feel that Jensen and Roy could really be the spark and ignition to what this team needs, now I realize that there have been thousands, upon thousands of similar posts to say this about other players that have come and gone, and have those people claim that this is TRULY what we needed, etc. So, I'm definitely not the first, but going further along I would love to hear fellow fans inquiry to the matter and their own opinions!

Now it should be said that yesterday Jensen didn't make the biggest impact, and we did end up coming short again in a 3-2 loss to the Sharks, but when Jensen did have hold on to that puck, boy did he have a flourishing amount of speed and grace, clearly hinting at the potential this kid has. I still felt his positioning was off, but hey it was first NHL game. We all know Jensen is the star player on our Wolves down south, and knowing his ability to be that star player when he needs to be, we should all be able to assume ourselves towards the idea of keeping him up here as long as we can (or at least till the coaches feel they need him), because players like him (if not all players from any farm team) need to keep playing in the NHL, cause ultimately they're only going to rise. My biggest concern is where to put him? We all know practically any player can be spotted with the Twins and magic is simply created, but to step aside from fantansy for a moment we know that he's not going to stay with them for long, and obviously not permanent. The Canucks to me are a team as ONE, and every player acts as a puzzle piece completing the whole puzzle, so to say this player goes here, and the other goes there really can't sum up what these Canuckles are truly capable of and are all about.

With Roy baby added to the collection, this makes me a big happy clam, and although he's not the Rick Nash, or the Malkin (etc) he's definitely an asset that should only help our team. With Booth injured, and Kesler to come back soon enough (1-2 weeks-ish), where to place this bad boy? The "puzzling" questions are still amuck! I haven't seen all of what Roy is about, nor have I really payed that much attention to him, but I have surely heard of him down through the wire, and with a few highlight videos entered into my line of vision, I can only see this guy AS beneficial, as said previous. So, for the complainers (because you're out there!) go ahead and muster up your wisdom, but I really feel strongly about Derek Roy and what he's got to bring to the table.

Short and sweet, I am just here to HEAR your inquiry and all of what you, my fellow Canuckleheads have to say! But, people, can we keep to this to a positive note and not have swearing and condenscending replys, afterall we're all fans of the same team, LETS ACT LIKE IT !

Peace & Love - GO CANUCKS GO !

Danny - Hanky - Alex

Raymond - Kesler - Hansen

Higgins - Roy - Jensen

(weise/sestito/pinnizotto/ebbet/ballard) - Lapierre - Kassian

I really like this... Jensen showed he's a great two way fwd with a scoring touch. Roy does a lot of penalty killing. Higgins is just outstanding as a 7th man.

blah blah blah blah blahlah blah blah blah blahlah blah blah blah blahlah blah blah blah blahlah blah blah blah blahlah blah blah blah blahlah blah blah blah blahlah blah blah blah blahlah blah blah blah blahlah blah blah blah blahlah blah blah blah blahvlah blah blah blah blahlah blah blah blah blahlah blah blah blah blah

With Roy baby ..........

:picard:

:picard:

Good thread OP. Of course, time will tell as to how things will play out. One thing for sure is that it will be an exciting home stretch/push to make the playoffs!

I laughed at the Roy Baby part too, but I gotta say... people calling it gay should really check themselves as it's kind of a derogatory comment to make. Maybe the comments aren't meant to be, who knows, but a little disclaimer would suffice: "not that there's anything wrong with that!" Or something like that. Just saying.

So stoked for Roy, sure hope Jensen stays too and starts sniping!

Archived