The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need to get draft picks back?

Outsiders

I don't know about you guys but are Draft pool stinks... Maybe we should get draft picks only back for Luongo?? The Canucks need players of the future too. It's not like these players will play forever. Gillis please don't trade anymore draft picks.. This years draft is deep and today we just gave up a second rounded for a guy that might not even be here next year. I don't know am I right about this?

following your logic might as well just trade away the entire core and get draft picks... it's all about the future right? if you are trading away your players for draft picks.. then it's pretty much saying you are a seller and want to rebuild.. then our core is not what you want to rebuild around since they are all at or almost passed their prime if not already passed..

First Canucks fans complain about the Canucks not going all in and hope that we don't lose roster players (like what Pittsburg did) in the process of winning games.

Next, they want the Canucks to receive draft picks back in trades?

So do you guys want to go all in or not...

and when that 5 years has passed you'll be 12 years old and some of us will be too old to care lol Sedins are the oldest on the canucks and their 33 and jagr is ripping it up at 42 so that tells me we still have time for our team to go all in right now.

I agree with the OP, as long as AV is our coach we will NEVER win the cup anyway! So were just throwing away picks and assets as far as I'm concerned. The biggest move we need to make is one Gillis doesn't have the balls to make...

Well I think we should go in a younger direction, but it doesn't necessarily have to draft picks. Prospects or even young proven NHL players on the rise are just as good for the future, and less risky than draft picks.

I don't quite agree, just look at Boston in the last few years and San Jose this year (SJ is still number 6 in western conference). They are in the playoff and get good draft pick. WE NEED TO HAVE DRAFT PICKS!

WE CANT GET TOP PICKS AND GO FOR A PLAYOFF RUN AT THE SAME TIME.

Yes, cause i'm 7 lol

Sedins are already regressing my friend, and will probably retire in Sweden at like 38.

Jagr is a different player than both Sedins too, i don't understand how you can compare the 2. Chris Chelios played till his 50s, so that means Hamhuis will too, right? Both are 1 in a generation type players.. And no, i wouldn't say the Sedins are generational players.

We still have Tanev, Jensen, Kassian, Gaunce, Corrado, Lack ect. Trading a couple early picks and possibly one of those guys to get a stud or 2 in their late 20's early 30's would do some good for a cup run without completely wrecking the future. No one on the team is really that old. We should be solid for a few more years and get by just fine if the right trades are made.

Yes, cause i'm 7 lol

Sedins are already regressing my friend, and will probably retire in Sweden at like 38.

Jagr is a different player than both Sedins too, i don't understand how you can compare the 2. Chris Chelios played till his 50s, so that means Hamhuis will too, right? Both are 1 in a generation type players.. And no, i wouldn't say the Sedins are generational players.

Archived