The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Bishop to lightning

Is it really so hard to believe that some people think you get more for your money out of Bishop?

You must look at the big picture.

It's not Bishop or Luongo

It's is a question of weather the extra 6M a year worth the margin of how much better he is then bishop.

IMO the answer is no. And Stevie Y thinks the same.

If this was for the Olympic team, different story.

Yourself and noheart just responded epic failure style. I really can't believe you compared both players carriers based on this season. I wasn't even looking at stats this year, as Luongo is pretty much a back up with us,, but everyone knows he's a starter and there are a ton of goalies automatically with "better" stats then Luongo. Of course there will be cheaper goalies out there. Your comparison is actually failure, and laughable.

Ok fine.

It's like you saying you rather have Dan Hamhius at 4.5 million instead of Shea Weber at 120 million. Do I sound stupid? I thought he sounded like a retard when he said he rather have a Ben Bishop, who is not even bondified starter yet instead luongo.

BTw.

I just love seeing how Ben Biship's been a flop so ever since his first game. Far from anything of a number 1 starter.

anyways, I personally don't really care of this ben biship thing. I like to see him struggle, Florida too, so more teams will pursue Luongo.

I just want to kindly point something to some haters

Luongo

5 time NHL all star

3 time Team Canada A team. (World cup and olyimpics)

3 time Vezina runner up

15 playoff wins.

A starting goalie for team Canada

Starting goalie for a team that's won the Presidents trophy

Came into the olympics as a back up, was called upon when Broduer couldn't stop a beach ball, won the gold medal.

World cup. In a do or die game vs Czech, Luongo had to play in net for injured Brodeur. Luongo stole the game for team Canada.

Ben Bishiop

45 save shut out for Tampa bay.

Is it really so hard to believe that some people think you get more for your money out of Bishop?

You must look at the big picture.

It's not Bishop or Luongo

It's is a question of weather the extra 6M a year worth the margin of how much better he is then bishop.

IMO the answer is no. And Stevie Y thinks the same.

If this was for the Olympic team, different story.

Whats laughable and an even bigger failuire is having 3 different spellings of a player in one post. The comparison that Noheart started is absolutely valid, seeing as this is twice that Yzerman has passed on Luongo. Even your second comparison is stupid as Weber is 28 years old and in the prime of his career. Luongo is 34 years old, paid to be an elite goalie and putting up average numbers as a backup for his team.

I have not in any post suggested that Bishop is the better goalie but I too question whether Luongo is 6mil better than Bishop especially since they have comparable numbers this year.

You serious?

How about Huet for Chicago?

This is what I mean by brats - Luongo's numbers are not 'average'. They are better than average but because the team loses in front of Luongo, it's suddenly all his fault?

Look at the defensive breakdowns yesterday - were any of them Schneider's fault?

Did I say anything was Luongo's fault? His numbers are pretty average and middle of the pack. That is not really arguable, I am not bashing Luongo just stating a fact. Right now he is a backup putting up pretty much middle of the pack numbers.

http://www.nhl.com/i...iewName=summary

Using your argument, Schneider's producing 'middle of the pack numbers' too.

He's ranked 15th on the list of winning goalies this season. Is that not, by definition, 'average numbers'?

But wait, since it's Schneider, it's a different standard now?

Luongo also is not that far behind from Schneider in terms of GAA and he also has two shutouts. But since it's Luongo, he doesn't deserve credit?

When can we stop throwing our goalies under the bus?

You're part of the reason why we have had a goalie graveyard for so long. Fans dissing goalies. The real problem is still our defense, which was not addressed this deadline.

Toews and Noheart are not Canucks fans.

Even if Luongo had outstanding stats , these 2 members Toews and Noheart will find other reasons to slam Luongo. Anyone stupid enough to compare Bishop to Luongo does not deserve to be taken seriously. Noheart totally forgot what Luongo has done through out his entire career, and narrowed it down to 9 games of Luongo's and thinks, "it doesn't add up." Toews is just slamming anything he possibly can.

It's funny how he is a 5.3 million dollar goalie, Bishop is a 600 k, goalie, since he narrows down performance to the very dollar, he is expecting Luongo to play 10 times better, wtf is this, lol. Bunch of jokes we have hanging around here.

http://www.nhl.com/i...iewName=summary

Using your argument, Schneider's producing 'middle of the pack numbers' too.

He's ranked 15th on the list of winning goalies this season. Is that not, by definition, 'average numbers'?

But wait, since it's Schneider, it's a different standard now?

Luongo also is not that far behind from Schneider in terms of GAA and he also has two shutouts. But since it's Luongo, he doesn't deserve credit?

When can we stop throwing our goalies under the bus?

You're part of the reason why we have had a goalie graveyard for so long. Fans dissing goalies. The real problem is still our defense, which was not addressed this deadline.

Lol resorting to personal attacks now are we? That seems to be a common theme in all your posts, maybe next time try not to have the homer goggles on too tight.

Yeah I expect the 5.3mil dollar goalie to have better numbers than the 600k goalie.

Moneypuck Overload got one thing right, I am not a Canucks fan. Schneider is 15th on the win list because he has started less games than everyone ahead of him. GAA is also a team stat so I am not surprised Luongo is close to Schneider on that account. The fact of the matter is though that Schneider has won more percentage of his games and has put up a very impressive .925 SV%. I think its quite obvious that Schneider is the better goalie.

I have no agenda here, just stating facts. Its a shame that Moneypuck Overload is so sensitive otherwise we could actually have a legitimate discussion in here.

Now you're contradicting yourself. The number of games that Schneider has played is comparable to the starters who has played this season. Even if you were to say that Schneider has played less games than those that are producing top numbers (which he has, but only slightly), how do you explain that Schneider has less wins within that sample? Using your logic, he should have more wins, if he is in fact a superior goalie. It's not that simple though. Some goals cannot be stopped because of a boneheaded defensive play.

You make it seem like Schneider has been deprived the number of games that he has played, when in fact, he has not. Furthermore, other established goalies who have been defined as a starter have played comparably similar number of games.

Using YOUR logic, I can say that Luongo has bad numbers because of the fewer games that he has played (exactly the same way that you're pointing out with Schneider).

But ultimately, you are putting way too much emphasis on goaltending when really, hockey is a team sport.

Exactly which is why Wins is a terrible stat to judge a goalie by. SV% is a much better indicator of how good a goalie is. Again Wins are a team stat, same with GAA. Sergei Bobrovsky is the Norris favorite this year and he is #13 in Wins. But that can attributed to the team that he plays for.

Except Schneider's numbers are absolutely phenomenal. His SV% is 4th in the league, Luongo's SV% is 19th. One is putting up elite numbers, and the other is putting up fairly average numbers. I will say it again, there is no doubt who has been better this season. Imo it is time to dump Luongo and take whatever return you can get, Schneider is your goalie of the future. Simply put he gives you a better chance at winning. Doesn't make sense for him to start less just because the lesser goalie has an atrocity of a contract.

LOL @ SV% being an individual stat but wins being a team stat. The team's defense plays no part in SV%? :lol:

Luongo has "average" stats because he was left in for that game against Detroit where he struggled, the team played terrible defense in front of him, and Schneider was too sick to come in to relieve Lu. In prior seasons, Lu would've played a lot more games and that one game would've had less of an impact on his stats. Take that one game out and he's at 92.6% for SV% on the year

Archived