Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#62 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,034 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

seriously why philly and tampa never seem to be able to get a good goalie.. always average at best.. those 2 teams would have multiple cups by now...

#63 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,655 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Bishop looking like a solid pick-up already. 40 Saves and looking for the Shutout.

#64 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,467 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

Bishop looking like a solid pick-up already. 40 Saves and looking for the Shutout.

Great debut for Bishop. Shutout Canes on the road with 45 saves.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#65 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

Great debut for Bishop. Shutout Canes on the road with 45 saves.

I honestly believe he will be a star one day

the Ottawa fans are going to look back at this trade and say, why?
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#66 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

I honestly believe he will be a star one day

the Ottawa fans are going to look back at this trade and say, why?

whats crazy is Ottawa traded him to Tampa which will be their division rival next year. for a draft pick and a 5'8 player, decent player, but really? Did they really need him that bad that warrant improving a division rivals. It's LIke when San Jose traded Kippur to Calgary for nothing.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#67 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

This trade was good for both teams. Conacher is alot like St louis
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#68 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:26 AM

45 save shutout, 5-0 win for TB. Lol Ottawa paid nothing for Bishop and ended up getting Conacher for him. Bishop is tallest goalie to ever play in the NHL.

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#69 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,655 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:28 AM

Ottawa is set for the future with Lehner and set for the present with Anderson.

#70 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

cory conacher and a 4th ouch overpayment

45 save shutout in first game, won 5-0. Some people would argue that. :P

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#71 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

looked sloppy today.
hope he tanks.

#72 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,942 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

i still think overpayment considering ottawa originally got him for a 2nd round pick and tampa bay could of aquired him for the same price not it cost them a top rookie and 4th round pick

#73 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

big ben bishop 3 goals on 18 shots. I think if they offered MG conacher and a 4th, he would have taken it, lol. Too bad yzerman is of the Osgood enough school of how to get a goalie. When is he going to learn...should have ponied up for RL.

#74 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

big ben bishop 3 goals on 18 shots. I think if they offered MG conacher and a 4th, he would have taken it, lol. Too bad yzerman is of the Osgood enough school of how to get a goalie. When is he going to learn...should have ponied up for RL.

Bishop = 650k

Luongo = 60 whatever million

Ill take bishop please
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#75 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

Bishop = 650k

Ill take bishop please

Bishop = 650k

Ill take bishop please

Bishop = 650k

Ill take bishop please

as dumb as saying you rather have Chris Tanev at 800 000k instead of Weber at or a 120 million. Luongo is twice the goalie Bishop is. I wish nothing but the tanking of Ben Bishop. I seriously do.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#76 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

as dumb as saying you rather have Chris Tanev at 800 000k instead of Weber at or a 120 million. Luongo is twice the goalie Bishop is. I wish nothing but the tanking of Ben Bishop. I seriously do.

Moneyball

I really don't think Luongo is 6,000,000 per year worth more in winning games.

Even if Luongo is way better than bishop the difference in their abilities does not add up to 6M

Edited by Noheart, 07 April 2013 - 09:38 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#77 Toews

Toews

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:17 PM

Your comparison is inaccurate. Weber is producing significantly more than Tanev. The comparison comes nowhere close to Bishop vs Luongo. Bishop is not only younger but has better numbers than Luongo as well. I agree with noheart, I would choose Bishop over Luongo.

#78 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Your comparison is inaccurate. Weber is producing significantly more than Tanev. The comparison comes nowhere close to Bishop vs Luongo. Bishop is not only younger but has better numbers than Luongo as well. I agree with noheart, I would choose Bishop over Luongo.

So I press on the Bishop to TB thread right? 3 pages. Not gonna read all three pages, not that interested really... So I go to the last post; I usually read from last and up anyways.

What do I find? Some douche says he'd rather have Bishop than Luongo.

To this douche; WTF??!

Is not throwing Luongo under the bus enough? Do you REALLY HAVE to dig him a grave?

I hope you get hit by the same bus you threw Luongo under.

EDIT: spell check wrote douche instead of dude. I take no responsibility.

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 07 April 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#79 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

So I press on the Bishop to TB thread right? 3 pages. Not gonna read all three pages, not that interested really... So I go to the last post; I usually read from last and up anyways.

What do I find? Some douche says he'd rather have Bishop than Luongo.

To this douche; WTF??!

Is not throwing Luongo under the bus enough? Do you REALLY HAVE to dig him a grave?

I hope you get hit by the same bus you threw Luongo under.

EDIT: spell check wrote douche instead of dude. I take no responsibility.

Is it really so hard to believe that some people think you get more for your money out of Bishop?

You must look at the big picture.

It's not Bishop or Luongo

It's is a question of weather the extra 6M a year worth the margin of how much better he is then bishop.

IMO the answer is no. And Stevie Y thinks the same.

If this was for the Olympic team, different story.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#80 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:20 PM

anybody else hoping Bishop gets lit up on a nightly basis?

#81 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,467 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

anybody else hoping Bishop gets lit up on a nightly basis?

Already getting lit up. Bolts down 0-3 after the 1st

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#82 zduck14

zduck14

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Is it really so hard to believe that some people think you get more for your money out of Bishop?

It's is a question of weather the extra 6M a year worth the margin of how much better he is then bishop.

This is where you're wrong. The +/- 4 million difference between Bishop and Luongo next year could very likely be the difference between the Lightning making and missing the playoffs. With Luongo in net, the playoffs would be all but a guarantee whereas with Bishop, the goaltending position is still a question mark.

I do think Bishop will be a very good goalie, but with the talent in Tampa Bay (Stamkos, St. Louis, LeCavalier, Hedman etc...), why not bring in a world class talent to play behind them?

#83 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Yourself and noheart just responded epic failure style. I really can't believe you compared both players carriers based on this season. I wasn't even looking at stats this year, as Luongo is pretty much a back up with us,, but everyone knows he's a starter and there are a ton of goalies automatically with "better" stats then Luongo. Of course there will be cheaper goalies out there. Your comparison is actually failure, and laughable.

Ok fine.

It's like you saying you rather have Dan Hamhius at 4.5 million instead of Shea Weber at 120 million. Do I sound stupid? I thought he sounded like a retard when he said he rather have a Ben Bishop, who is not even bondified starter yet instead luongo.

BTw.

I just love seeing how Ben Biship's been a flop so ever since his first game. Far from anything of a number 1 starter.

anyways, I personally don't really care of this ben biship thing. I like to see him struggle, Florida too, so more teams will pursue Luongo.

I just want to kindly point something to some haters

Luongo

5 time NHL all star
3 time Team Canada A team. (World cup and olyimpics)
3 time Vezina runner up
15 playoff wins.
A starting goalie for team Canada
Starting goalie for a team that's won the Presidents trophy
Came into the olympics as a back up, was called upon when Broduer couldn't stop a beach ball, won the gold medal.
World cup. In a do or die game vs Czech, Luongo had to play in net for injured Brodeur. Luongo stole the game for team Canada.

Ben Bishiop
45 save shut out for Tampa bay.

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 13 April 2013 - 05:29 PM.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#84 Toews

Toews

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:16 AM

Yourself and noheart just responded epic failure style. I really can't believe you compared both players carriers based on this season. I wasn't even looking at stats this year, as Luongo is pretty much a back up with us,, but everyone knows he's a starter and there are a ton of goalies automatically with "better" stats then Luongo. Of course there will be cheaper goalies out there. Your comparison is actually failure, and laughable.

Ok fine.

It's like you saying you rather have Dan Hamhius at 4.5 million instead of Shea Weber at 120 million. Do I sound stupid? I thought he sounded like a retard when he said he rather have a Ben Bishop, who is not even bondified starter yet instead luongo.

BTw.

I just love seeing how Ben Biship's been a flop so ever since his first game. Far from anything of a number 1 starter.

anyways, I personally don't really care of this ben biship thing. I like to see him struggle, Florida too, so more teams will pursue Luongo.

I just want to kindly point something to some haters

Luongo

5 time NHL all star
3 time Team Canada A team. (World cup and olyimpics)
3 time Vezina runner up
15 playoff wins.
A starting goalie for team Canada
Starting goalie for a team that's won the Presidents trophy
Came into the olympics as a back up, was called upon when Broduer couldn't stop a beach ball, won the gold medal.
World cup. In a do or die game vs Czech, Luongo had to play in net for injured Brodeur. Luongo stole the game for team Canada.

Ben Bishiop
45 save shut out for Tampa bay.

Whats laughable and an even bigger failuire is having 3 different spellings of a player in one post. The comparison that Noheart started is absolutely valid, seeing as this is twice that Yzerman has passed on Luongo. Even your second comparison is stupid as Weber is 28 years old and in the prime of his career. Luongo is 34 years old, paid to be an elite goalie and putting up average numbers as a backup for his team.

I have not in any post suggested that Bishop is the better goalie but I too question whether Luongo is 6mil better than Bishop especially since they have comparable numbers this year.

#85 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

There's no doubt that some newer goalies may overtake Luongo on a game-to-game basis.

But look at the history of Luongo, his accomplishments/accolades.

Luongo IS a proven goalie - how much more proven do you need to be when you can take your team to Game 7?

The team failed on Game 7 and it wasn't the goalies' fault. You can put Schneider in there and it wouldn't have created offense.

What a bunch of brats this fanbase is. Finally the team gets a superior goalie and now people want a cheaper version to put it into the net. Later on, they're going to cry about how a goalie like Cloutier wasn't good enough (which was exactly what happened) and how he cost the playoffs (which lots of people still say). Aren't we just going to end up repeating history all over again with unproven goalies?

All this talk about Luongo 'cracking' - where was the defence and the offense when it was needed?

Christ.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#86 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

Whats laughable and an even bigger failuire is having 3 different spellings of a player in one post. The comparison that Noheart started is absolutely valid, seeing as this is twice that Yzerman has passed on Luongo. Even your second comparison is stupid as Weber is 28 years old and in the prime of his career. Luongo is 34 years old, paid to be an elite goalie and putting up average numbers as a backup for his team.

I have not in any post suggested that Bishop is the better goalie but I too question whether Luongo is 6mil better than Bishop especially since they have comparable numbers this year.

You serious?

How about Huet for Chicago?

This is what I mean by brats - Luongo's numbers are not 'average'. They are better than average but because the team loses in front of Luongo, it's suddenly all his fault?

Look at the defensive breakdowns yesterday - were any of them Schneider's fault?

#87 Toews

Toews

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

You serious?

How about Huet for Chicago?

This is what I mean by brats - Luongo's numbers are not 'average'. They are better than average but because the team loses in front of Luongo, it's suddenly all his fault?

Look at the defensive breakdowns yesterday - were any of them Schneider's fault?

Did I say anything was Luongo's fault? His numbers are pretty average and middle of the pack. That is not really arguable, I am not bashing Luongo just stating a fact. Right now he is a backup putting up pretty much middle of the pack numbers.

#88 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,269 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

Did I say anything was Luongo's fault? His numbers are pretty average and middle of the pack. That is not really arguable, I am not bashing Luongo just stating a fact. Right now he is a backup putting up pretty much middle of the pack numbers.

http://www.nhl.com/i...iewName=summary

Using your argument, Schneider's producing 'middle of the pack numbers' too.

He's ranked 15th on the list of winning goalies this season. Is that not, by definition, 'average numbers'?

But wait, since it's Schneider, it's a different standard now?

Luongo also is not that far behind from Schneider in terms of GAA and he also has two shutouts. But since it's Luongo, he doesn't deserve credit?

When can we stop throwing our goalies under the bus?

You're part of the reason why we have had a goalie graveyard for so long. Fans dissing goalies. The real problem is still our defense, which was not addressed this deadline.

Edited by Dazzle, 15 April 2013 - 07:57 AM.

#89 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,531 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...iewName=summary

Using your argument, Schneider's producing 'middle of the pack numbers' too.

He's ranked 15th on the list of winning goalies this season. Is that not, by definition, 'average numbers'?

But wait, since it's Schneider, it's a different standard now?

Luongo also is not that far behind from Schneider in terms of GAA and he also has two shutouts. But since it's Luongo, he doesn't deserve credit?

When can we stop throwing our goalies under the bus?

You're part of the reason why we have had a goalie graveyard for so long. Fans dissing goalies. The real problem is still our defense, which was not addressed this deadline.

Toews and Noheart are not Canucks fans.

Even if Luongo had outstanding stats , these 2 members Toews and Noheart will find other reasons to slam Luongo. Anyone stupid enough to compare Bishop to Luongo does not deserve to be taken seriously. Noheart totally forgot what Luongo has done through out his entire career, and narrowed it down to 9 games of Luongo's and thinks, "it doesn't add up." Toews is just slamming anything he possibly can.

It's funny how he is a 5.3 million dollar goalie, Bishop is a 600 k, goalie, since he narrows down performance to the very dollar, he is expecting Luongo to play 10 times better, wtf is this, lol. Bunch of jokes we have hanging around here.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#90 Toews

Toews

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:21 PM

Toews and Noheart are not Canucks fans.

Even if Luongo had outstanding stats , these 2 members Toews and Noheart will find other reasons to slam Luongo. Anyone stupid enough to compare Bishop to Luongo does not deserve to be taken seriously. Noheart totally forgot what Luongo has done through out his entire career, and narrowed it down to 9 games of Luongo's and thinks, "it doesn't add up." Toews is just slamming anything he possibly can.

It's funny how he is a 5.3 million dollar goalie, Bishop is a 600 k, goalie, since he narrows down performance to the very dollar, he is expecting Luongo to play 10 times better, wtf is this, lol. Bunch of jokes we have hanging around here.

Lol resorting to personal attacks now are we? That seems to be a common theme in all your posts, maybe next time try not to have the homer goggles on too tight.

Yeah I expect the 5.3mil dollar goalie to have better numbers than the 600k goalie.

Edited by Toews, 15 April 2013 - 05:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.