73 replies to this topic

#61 King Of The BS

King Of The BS

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

You should get a crystal ball,an ugly dress and a big stinkin cigar.

naah I dont need a 2nd job and I dont wanna steal your thunder anyways.
All Hail....

King Of The BS

#62 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

still shocked the team practically did NOTHING all season (other than Garrison in the summer of 2012!!! and Roy who they NEEDED at least 1 centerman) to improve this team heading into the playoffs....they are doomed in the 1st round. Perhaps it's the wake up they need to get a better product on the ice.

Raymond goes for free...Luongo's value in the summer will be worse off than before....and a weak UFA pool = yet another season of AV/Brown/Bowness and this team not taking cup contention seriously.

Edited by Lui's Knob, 03 April 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#63 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

still shocked the team practically did NOTHING all season (other than Garrison in the summer of 2012!!! and Roy who they NEEDED at least 1 centerman) to improve this team heading into the playoffs....they are doomed in the 1st round. Perhaps it's the wake up they need to get a better product on the ice.

Raymond goes for free...Luongo's value in the summer will be worse off than before....and a weak UFA pool = yet another season of AV/Brown/Bowness and this team not taking cup contention seriously.

Roy is a significant acquisition.

Kesler is bound to come back

Sedin-Sedin-Roy-Burrows-Kesler-Hansen-Higgins-Raymond

Top 9 pretty much unmoveable, can't add a 4-5M plus top 9. Price for quality top 9 players was too high.

Can't add any significant D with 5 d-men making over 4M$.

#64 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,716 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Bring back Sturm.

oh wait... worst idea ever.

#65 Apples

Apples

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,915 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Disappointed Luongo didn't get dealt. No point have two number one goalietenders

apple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

#66 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Gillis is an offseason GM. Trade deadline usually means overpayment anyway.

Getting Kesler and Booth back for playoffs is better than receiving trades...

Im glad we improved the team without jeopardizing our future.

Some people cant be happy

#67 CANUCK-EXPRESS

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

I'm very disappointed! The only player we acquired was Derek Roy??? IMO this guy is not gonna help this team win a cup! Watch him not produce and everyone starts bashing him! I'm sorry but this team is NOT going to make it very far in the playoffs if we even make it there.

#68 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,752 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

I'm very disappointed! The only player we acquired was Derek Roy??? IMO this guy is not gonna help this team win a cup! Watch him not produce and everyone starts bashing him! I'm sorry but this team is NOT going to make it very far in the playoffs if we even make it there.

Okay. Go watch baseball then.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#69 CANUCK-EXPRESS

CANUCK-EXPRESS

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

Okay. Go watch baseball then.

BLUEJAYS!!!

#70 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,600 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

BLUEJAYS!!!

They lost their season opener 4-1. Shouldn't you be writing them off already? I mean all those signings and only one run to show for it and their ace choked. :bigblush:

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#71 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,735 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:10 PM

Although Lou is worth more, Nonis is an idiot for not picking him up at that price. Furthermore, it shows me that Nonis is not a great GM. He could have improved his team dramatically for the playoffs but didn't help his team by not taking that deal.
Posted Image

#72 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

Gillis should've never come out and said that Luongo was the one going to be moved. I still believe that Schneider should be the guy dealt. At the very least, no one should've come out and said which one we were going to move.

If they decided to trade Schneider instead we probably could've gotten Sean Couturier out of Philadelphia, Brett Connolly out of Tampa Bay, Kadri/Schenn out of Toronto, Ryan Johansen out of Columbus and so on.

Fact: Roberto Luongo is still an exceptional goaltender
Fact: Barring some horrific injury, Luongo can still play in the NHL for another 6-7 years
Fact: Gillis could use those 6-7 years to use a draft pick to select a young goaltender than develop that goalie
Fact: A team built around Couturier, Corrado, Tanev, Kassian, a young goalie and Connauton(now traded to Dallas) could probably remain playoff competitive after the Sedins leave
Fact: This team needs to start giving the young guns a chance to play. Once these playoffs end, our window to the win the cup will have closed.
Posted Image

#73 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:29 PM

Although Lou is worth more, Nonis is an idiot for not picking him up at that price. Furthermore, it shows me that Nonis is not a great GM. He could have improved his team dramatically for the playoffs but didn't help his team by not taking that deal.

completely agree- if I am ownership- I fire him, he is the GM of the richest team in the league and he passed on an all-star for 2 seconds a barely NHL backup...wowsers...for all those who think Gillis is bad...Nonis is far far worse

#74 bolt

bolt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

Gillis is an offseason GM. Trade deadline usually means overpayment anyway.

Getting Kesler and Booth back for playoffs is better than receiving trades...

Im glad we improved the team without jeopardizing our future.

Some people cant be happy

The future is now so he did jeopardize the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.