The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Pomminville to wild

The Wild & Canucks are tied and the Canucks have faced a super high amount of injuries all year.

Roy >>>> Pominville. Any reason somebody thinks otherwise is because of height.

The fact that the Canucks will also be adding some healthy bodies: Kesler, Kassian, and eventually Ballard and the fact that they added Roy and not too long ago Nicklas Jensen came over, tells me that Vancouver is STILL the better team. Add that to the fact that Minnesota hasn't had much playoff success in a while and Yeo has never head coached a single NHL playoff game, then AV & The Canucks are anything but the underdogs in a playoff series between the two.

As far as the race for the division title goes, it'll be tight, but I think the Canucks will win it. Adding a playmaking center to a team that needed a playmaking center badly and was still tied for the division lead is a good sign - Roy has put up 40+ assists 4 times, not incl. a 25 assist in 35 game season or this year, where he'd be on pace for 49 over 82 games.

Everyone hold yer horses.

The Wild & Canucks are tied and the Canucks have faced a super high amount of injuries all year.

The fact that the Canucks will also be adding some healthy bodies: Kesler, Kassian, and eventually Ballard and the fact that they added Roy and not too long ago Nicklas Jensen came over, tells me that Vancouver is STILL the better team. Add that to the fact that Minnesota hasn't had much playoff success in a while and Yeo has never head coached a single NHL playoff game, then AV & The Canucks are anything but the underdogs in a playoff series between the two.

As far as the race for the division title goes, it'll be tight, but I think the Canucks will win it. Adding a playmaking center to a team that needed a playmaking center badly and was still tied for the division lead is a good sign - Roy has put up 40+ assists 4 times, not incl. a 25 assist in 35 game season or this year, where he'd be on pace for 49 over 82 games.

Archived