Canucks Community

YOUR 2013 PLAYOFF LINEUP

Burlinbert

SEDIN -----------SEDIN------------ BURROWS

Raymond------KESLER--------------Hansen

Higgins-------ROY---------Kassian

Weise-------LAPIERRE-----------Pinzotto

SCHROEDER, SESTITO

I know they said they want Roy with Higgins and Hansen but IMO that leaves the other line unbalanced. These 3 scoring lines are a better mixture of playmaking/shooting and won't get pushed around.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian (twins need the protection Kass brings)

Raymond-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Roy-Hansen

Weise-Lapierre-Pinizotto

Stestito, Schroeder

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Ballard-Tanev (was a terrific paring before AV split it up)

Barker-Garrison

Edler (unless he stops playing like he got a free lobotomy with his back surgery)

Schneider

Luongo

Healthy Line-Up

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Roy-Hansen

Sestito/Jensen-Lapierre-Weise

Edler-Bieksa

Hamhuis-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

- Alberts may replace Ballard depending on what kind of team we match up with

Schneider

Luongo

Hopefully Roy can fill in for Shreds on that speed line with some good chemistry.

When healthy

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Booth

Raymond Roy Hansen

Sestito Lapierre Kassian

Schroeder/Jensen/Weise/Pinizzotto

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Tanev

Alberts/Barker/Vandermeer

Goalie (either or)

An alternative view looking at our young guys on ELCs to maximize our forward roster.

Daniel - Henrik - Kassian

Kesler - Roy - Jensen

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Burrows

Line 1: primary scoring focusing on the cycle; Kassian serves as the watchdog

Line 2: secondary scoring with speed, skill, size on the wings, and two-way ability

Line 3: tertiary scoring focusing on speed

Line 4: shutdown line

Conclusion: Three scoring lines and 1 shutdown line, and the 2nd line can also be used in a lesser defensive role. Most importantly, every player is a quality player -- there aren't any 4th line plugs/fillers (Sestito, Weise, Gordon, Pinizzotto Ebbett) -- and each player is used in a role that is #1 suited for their skill set and #2 complements the other players on the line and on the team as a whole.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows (good chemistry, play a lot in offensive zone)

Raymond-Kesler-Kassian (Size, speed, shot)

Hansen-Roy-Higgins (speed and ability to score)

Pinizzoto-Lappy-Weise/Sestito (big, tough, can win face offs)

when we bring back Kesler and Raymond and Weise, our depth at forward looks okay.

I don't think Booth will be ready till 2nd or 3rd round

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Kassian

Raymond-Kesler-Burrows

Hansen-Roy-Higgins

Weise-Lapierre-Pinizzotto or Booth if he returns

Edler-Bieksa

Hamhuis-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Luongo

Schneider

I for one, hope Luo re-takes the crease ..

Sedins - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Hansen

Higgins - Roy - Kassian

Weise - Lappiere - Pinizzotto

Burrows with the Sedins because it's the tried and true, however if they go cold Kass and Bur could easily switch spots. The second line is my favourite, so much speed, lots of skill and finish and they're also all great defensively and on the fore-check, this line should be able to go up against the other teams top line and score goals. The third line should be one of the better offensive third lines in the league especially if Kass starts producing, gives us a great three line punch. Honestly wish we had more options for the 4th line but it is what it is and hopefully it works.

I'm pretty comfortable with that going into the playoffs but there are still question marks, if things go well it might end up being a good run.

I'd put Kassian back with the Sedins in the playoffs because 1) Kassian was on fire at the start of the season when playing on the top line, 2) Sedins need a big body against tough playoff defenders.

When Kesler comes back, I'd put him as the 3rd line center, but just for this coming playoffs only. Reason is obvious, we don't have a shut down center righ now and I believe if we want to go far, Kesler has to be the guy who can shut down opponents top players. I'd put Burrows and Higgins/Hansen with Kesler. I think this line can be real effective defensively and also creating offense.

Sedins-Kassian

Raymond - Roy - Hansen

Higgins - Kesler - Burrows

Pinizzotto - Lapierre - Weise

Bieksa - Hamhuis

Edler - Garrison

Ballard/Alberts - Tanev

Schneider

I actually can safely say I don't know what the lineup should be. It's so up in the air this year...

I'd prefer at least down center:

Henrik

Kesler

Roy

Lapierre

And throw our wingers in wherever works, heh. That's unfortunately the situation we're in this year... the lines have been juggled relentlessly due to the injuries.

On D:

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

(Too lazy to check which D goes on which side, it changes way too often on this team so shoot me)

And whichever goalie deserves it! I think we need to go the Blues' route last year, and ride the hot goaltender. I prefer Schneider but if he falters, Luongo is a great goaltender too so we should play him in that event. Despite what the media and the hysterical fans say, our goaltending tandem is one of the strongest parts of this team going into the playoffs this year. We'd better exploit it if we can.

Very true. However, so is every other team in the west. First round knockout for the Canucks! That is if they make the playoffs. This team needs a quality GM. We had a chance with this team and it slips away each year when Gillis does nothing to improve the team. Look at the teams that are in the running. Did they sit back and pick up one insignificant player (rental) ? Too bad we had the wrong GM at such an opportune time.

And my lineup would look like this if come playoff time the Sedins Arnt producing like their normal selves it would be nice to add offensive upside to every line which could work or blow up in everyone's face lol :)

Kassian-H.Sedin-burrows

D.Sedin-Roy-Kesler

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Weise-Lappy-Pinnizato

Archived