Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

L'Orange

Thoughts on the deadline activity (or lack thereof) - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

205 posts in this topic

well said going into the off season this team is in trouble with the cap big time

Where are the Aquilinis in all of this?

basking in the sun in Fiji? Must be somewhere with no phone service or surely Gillis would be gone by now.

gillis is hungover after partying from the roy trade i dont blame him

Not a mess at all, I am disappointed we couldn't trade Luongo and we couldn't add more depth. But we did managage to pick up one of the biggest names out there for a decent price and we filled our biggest need. So not a smashing success but not terrible either. Overall our team is much better than it was before the deadline.

Not a mess at all, I am disappointed we couldn't trade Luongo and we couldn't add more depth. But we did managage to pick up one of the biggest names out there for a decent price and we filled our biggest need. So not a smashing success but not terrible either. Overall our team is much better than it was before the deadline.

Agreed. Gillis signed a contract that no one would touch, in spite of there being an extremely good player being tangled at the end of it. The Canucks might fight hard for the rest of the year, but they are no longer cup contenders and an early exit should spell the end of Gillis and AV.

The OP and the rest of these bandwagon knuckleheads need to take a long walk off a short peer....go cheer for the Flames you trolls

I agree this is a mess. Derek Roy is a welcome addition but not the answer. Also, Luongo doesn't deserve to be a bench warmer. He is a class act and should be starting on a regular basis. Gillis should do this team a favour and fire himself.

Are you old enough to be allowed on the internet?

The team got better, or are you just too stupid to see that?

The 5'9 center you are dissing is easily a 20 goal scorer and potential point per game player.

It can't be helped that the other teams aren't willing to trade for Luongo. Just cause things don't go the way you want, you can still have some class. And not just recklessly bash our GM who obviously tried very hard to make the team better the past week.

What mess are you talking about? We are 4th in the standings with a decent chance at the Stanley Cup this year. Grow up.