The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts on the deadline activity (or lack thereof) - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

L'Orange

A mess, until the playoffs when we have two great goaltenders and, as we all know goaltending is critical in order to have playoff success.

And I'm confident Roy will be a great addition and contribute to the team. Good things come in small packages...remember Cliff Ronning?

I'm good with it....if it's not there what do you do? Can't force things and trades are two (three) way streets. Easy to grumble/complain but we're not kids waiting at the Christmas tree to see if we got what we wanted...this is a little more involved.

Nope not a mess. As expected there were no decent offers out there obviously. So we have another great keeper until the summer. Everything is fine besides the CDC whiners who waited all day and are sad it was for nothing.

Decent offers? Please. Gillis hamstrung the entire process by signing Luongo to that ridiculous contract in the first place.

No self respecting team would take on that contract with the cap coming down. No matter the talent. The problem with many CDCers is the blind faith you all have in Gillis.

To be fair Luongo deserve to be traded at the deadline, he has been a great teammate so far in the season so he deserve to play. At some point MG should stop being concerned about the return but concern more about the player, I am not saying he should pull a Feaster but MG definitely shouldn't to be too focused on the return. I mean if a team offers a first round pick, and two solid prospects which seem like the market value for any star player right now then take it. It is not always about improving your team now, you have to improve your team's prospect pool so the team stay competitive for years to come. By holding on to Lu right now, I would think Lu is not really happy about that, and the longer you hold on to him the more trouble you are asking for. What if this summer no trade is available still? Then you are left with the choice of buying him out or buying Ballard and Booth out... Like if MG keep waiting, I think at some point Lu will demand a trade and the return we will get at that point will just be brutal. It is better for both party to get this thing over and fast.

Decent offers? Please. Gillis hamstrung the entire process by signing Luongo to that ridiculous contract in the first place.

No self respecting team would take on that contract with the cap coming down. No matter the talent. The problem with many CDCers is the blind faith you all have in Gillis.

Are you old enough to be allowed on the internet?

The team got better, or are you just too stupid to see that?

The 5'9 center you are dissing is easily a 20 goal scorer and potential point per game player.

It can't be helped that the other teams aren't willing to trade for Luongo. Just cause things don't go the way you want, you can still have some class. And not just recklessly bash our GM who obviously tried very hard to make the team better the past week.

What mess are you talking about? We are 4th in the standings with a decent chance at the Stanley Cup this year. Grow up.

Derek Roy benefited greatly from the new rules coming out of the lockout in 2004/2005 and his numbers have fallen off considerably as obstruction has crept back into the game. He does have some ability but hasn't performed well in recent years. We will see how he does but I'm not convinced he is going to do much.

A mess, until the playoffs when we have two great goaltenders and, as we all know goaltending is critical in order to have playoff success.

And I'm confident Roy will be a great addition and contribute to the team. Good things come in small packages...remember Cliff Ronning?

I'm good with it....if it's not there what do you do? Can't force things and trades are two (three) way streets. Easy to grumble/complain but we're not kids waiting at the Christmas tree to see if we got what we wanted...this is a little more involved.

Anyone who is so ignorant to have a signature that reads, "Rick Rypien and Wade Belak=Selfish Human Beings" probably doesn't deserve a response, but here it is, grow up and stay off the boards until you can contribute more than just insults.

Archived