The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts on the deadline activity (or lack thereof) - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

L'Orange

Stop being negative

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Kings struggle to score last year , then once playoffs hit , nothing matters but winning, it dont matter how you win

Past two stanley cup champs

Kings- couldnt score all year and won cup

Bruins-I think they went like 0 for 50 on the powerplay and then finally scored in finals

Stop being negative

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Kings struggle to score last year , then once playoffs hit , nothing matters but winning, it dont matter how you win

Past two stanley cup champs

Kings- couldnt score all year and won cup

Bruins-I think they went like 0 for 50 on the powerplay and then finally scored in finals

Guest Pinchin

I really think MG dropped the ball by not managing Luu's contract. It will create a rift in the dressing room with a faction of players who will feel as though Luu has been slighted and these unspoken negative feelings will fester. It's not a lack of talent that is holding us back, it's a lack of killer instinct. I hope we can be the LA Kings of last year.

WOW , all you guys think you need just size to win. penguins and hawks didnt have size like kings and bruins

bruins and kings are the 2 biggest teams in the league.

we lost in game 7 . SERIOUSLEY and had 2-0 series lead, if we won you would not say anything about size

ps , quick was the main reason the kings won, he didnt let anything in .

stop jumping to conclusions

Everyone always says hot goaltending wins cups

we were 1 period away or 1 post in OT from making the series 3-2 against kings , as soon as Daniel came back we were different.

But you know what, thats the past , lets focus this year , Lets got hot and healthy and win this thing!

Luongo and the Canucks have no option except to take a second chance and start over. Flat out fact is that with a contract like that, just about nobody will take him in a trade. If he's going to rebound and prove his worth, it'll have to be in Vancouver.

That being said, Luongo deserves a chance to finish what he started. His arrival ushered a new era for Vancouver, a winning era. Without Lu, Vancouver likely would never have seen 50+ or even 45+ win seasons. They never would have even got to game 7 in the SCF without the man.

His appearance in the Olympics should've all but immortalized his place in Vancouver, being the sole Canuck player (and starting goaltender) for Team Canada's Olympic gold winners on Canuck ice.

Somehow, Lu's mental strength and power of concentration has been compromised - that has been his main strength. Without it, he's toast.

I think that happened first, because he opponents, particularly the Hawks, successfully concentrated all their efforts to get into his head and throw him off his game.

Second, Canuck nation had gone and thrown him under the bus for failing them against Chicago, and then against Boston and later LA.

Third, and most importantly, MG hardly ever came to his aid publically, standing behind Lu as the franchise cornerstone and supporting him to rebound. All great players have flopped at one point or another, but having the confidence and support of their team will be essential to rebound.

With the deadline past, the Canucks will have no other option but to invest in him to rebound and lead them back to the top.

I have to go, but one last question, how big of an idiot are you?

The forwards and defense men Schneider had were not the same that Luongo had, the types of shots cory faced were at many times different and fault of the D. the team also lacked the motivation etc.. because of loosing in scf cause of a choker.

and you keep trying to move the argument to random stuff by posting a compilation of luongo saves from previous seasons, and then you say Cory choked because he let in first 2 goals.

1. the argument was about luongo being a choker, and you keep pussing out by bringing up the bad things about other goalies, etc.

2. this is not the same team, the same d, the same style of playing that luongo played with in previous seasons

there are goals that happen because of bad positioning by d or a play, and then there are luongo goals.

WOW , all you guys think you need just size to win. penguins and hawks didnt have size like kings and bruins

bruins and kings are the 2 biggest teams in the league.

we lost in game 7 . SERIOUSLEY and had 2-0 series lead, if we won you would not say anything about size

ps , quick was the main reason the kings won, he didnt let anything in .

stop jumping to conclusions

Reopening this, so people have a place to discuss the deadline...no more reports please, we're on it.

And do not report people if you, yourself, are calling others idiots,etc. In order to have your report attended to, it's important you back off and aren't "part of the problem".

Carry on, in a respectful manner....

I really think MG dropped the ball by not managing Luu's contract. It will create a rift in the dressing room with a faction of players who will feel as though Luu has been slighted and these unspoken negative feelings will fester. It's not a lack of talent that is holding us back, it's a lack of killer instinct. I hope we can be the LA Kings of last year.

i think we are fine. I think the price for someone like Clowe or Torres was a little bit of an over payment. Torres on average is 3 hits per game would love him, but another team overpaid to get him. The same for Clowe. That being said, MG addressed our main weakness which was a centerman. I personally think we really really needed another defencemen, however looking at who was traded, none of those guys I really wanted, Regher, leopold, and Bouwmeester. I wanted Streit, but it looks like Islanders are going for a playoff spot. The only other move I wish we made was for Jagr.

Its always the same CDC mess every trade deadline. I think the narrow-minded need to realize there are 28 other teams in the league and more than half of them were buyers. I honestly think we got one of the better deals at the end of the day.

Archived