The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thoughts on the deadline activity (or lack thereof) - ALL DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE

L'Orange

you don't get it do you? this player that you have a mancrush on can't perform steadily at a high level in the playoffs. he is a choker. he chokes under pressure. especially when we need him most (playoffs)

now show me a vid of him not choking in the playoffs and winning a cup

Luongo said he'd tear up the contract if he could. Gillis offered him the contract. While Roberto didn't call out Gillis, the message is clear.

What you heard or whether you watched the entire presser is of little to no importance to me, elvis15.

Is that too rude? Are you going to run to mods on me again?

Wrong. Maybe if you knew me you'd know that I wrote a scathing blog about Luongo after The Canucks lost in 2011.

Show me a video of Kippersoft winning a cup.

Show me a video of Tony Esposito winning a cup.

Show me a video of Hextall, of the Beaser, of....etc...etc...winning the cup.

Oh, while we are at it Schneider fan boy, show me a video of Schneider winning the cup?

How about how Schneider won a playoff series? What's that you say? He's never won a playoff series?

Why didn't we beat the Kings last year - all Schneider had to do was win 4 games - instead we still lost with him in the net.

Come on fan boy...spin that one then tell me again how you define choker.

"2013-2014 Salary Cap = 64.3 Million

Players under contract in 2013-2014 = 15 (down from 26 this season)

Cap Payroll of those 15 players = 62,927,000 (nearly 63 million)

FA's after this season - Raymond, Malhotra, Roy, Sweatt, Lapierre, Weise, Sestitio, Pinizzotto, Alberts, Tanev, Barker, as well as 13 players not on the current NHL roster.

Cap Payroll between goalies = 9.33 million"

got it from somewhere

now tell me what to do in summer?

buy outs?

Look i do not complain here everyday but think about it what is gona happen .................

Hey Guys , Just some thought of mine , I understand if you dont want to read

First off , I am happy Lu is still here, this gives Lu a chance to win the cup with us, It would be spectacular if we got that closure together, It would be special to be able to see Lu raise the cup in a Canuck jersey, whether he is the backup or not , when your on the team your on the team.

And I know the trade deadline just finished so we can all stop with proposals lol but I dont care what james duthie or anyone says , there is no chance philly or washington go into next year with their current situation. Ovechkin and guys like giroux will be fed up and say im sick of mediocore goaltending , we need a goalie that will keep us in the game and philly's answer in not mason. at the draft or before the season starts , philly or whoever will not go into the season being unsure with the tending.

And all these teams did multiple player and draft pick trades, but you can say what you want about Mike , but we made 1 trade for 1 player and it was a great trade. the guys on TSN said centre is a position of strength for us now . sometimes you only need 1 trade and if you make it an impactful one then you never know. People say roy is a rental , well in the summer teams will be shedding salary not looking to add , so if Roy becomes comfortable here and is happy and he plays great hockey, then he could stay, Higgins said as soon as he got here he knew he was gonna stay. Plus Roy has family and friends here and his brother was so happy to see him come here, and him and Kes shared a laugh, he looks really comfortable.

And lastly , people said the hawks didn't make a move because they just want to get healthy, well if we can get healthy I think our lineup looks amazing.

(And remember nobody knows exactly what the lineup will look like but it might be something like this, PS I like Jensen with the Henrik and Daniel but Burr might move back there , we have juggled lots.)

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Kesler Jensen

Hansen Roy Higgins (Jordan, Dale , Steve , ect ect)

Kassian Lappy Booth

ps , we could call up Jordan and Booth was awesome with Kass, they complement eachother so well and before our 2nd line got injured last year , booths leg and higgins staff infection , they were combining for like 6 7 8 points a game . and booth when he came back this year was stealing pucks and getting breakaways all the time because no 4th liner in this league can keep up with him,

Does anyone know if booth will play again , I know hes on LTIR but hes should be ready for playoffs

Being someone who's dealt with major depression and overcome it, its clear to me that it's only a first world problem. We have a roof over our heads and food on our plates, something a large majority of the people on this planet don't have yet we whine and complain that we're sad. Go travel the world and see what so many people have to deal with on a day-to-day basis and you'll see life ain't so bad.

LOL OMG you're hilarious, does it look like i give a crap if they've one the cup or not? the original argument was that luongo chokes in the playoffs which he DOES, im concerned with him and this team, theres countless goals that he's let in which is clearly because

he can't handle the pressure. And in the matter of Schneider, and the LA kings, if we had the same team that luongo had during the scf, he would have won? you cant compare goalie when all the players and everything aren't the same. i would love to show you a vid of winning the cup but sadly it won't be this year, the team needs to stick with Schneider and give him the full support and no1 without having a choker eyeing him from the benches. Luongo has his chance and he failed, miserably, i don't know why you can't see that, and then you say where's schneider winning the cup, if the coach didn't have attachment issues like you, than we would have had one

edit: and oh yeah, the management wanting to move him is because he's so good in the playoffs right, this guys a real catch

Guest Pinchin

Being someone who's dealt with major depression and overcome it, its clear to me that it's only a first world problem. We have a roof over our heads and food on our plates, something a large majority of the people on this planet don't have yet we whine and complain that we're sad. Go travel the world and see what so many people have to deal with on a day-to-day basis and you'll see life ain't so bad.

Are you old enough to be allowed on the internet?

The team got better, or are you just too stupid to see that?

The 5'9 center you are dissing is easily a 20 goal scorer and potential point per game player.

It can't be helped that the other teams aren't willing to trade for Luongo. Just cause things don't go the way you want, you can still have some class. And not just recklessly bash our GM who obviously tried very hard to make the team better the past week.

What mess are you talking about? We are 4th in the standings with a decent chance at the Stanley Cup this year. Grow up.

Archived