25 replies to this topic

#1 Tiers

Tiers

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

Well, here we go deadline is passed and we now know where the team stands, no more what if's for players. Its all about a final run at the playoffs, we have 2 number one goalies and a lot of character left on our team.

WHAT IF?

- we for the first time in a long time WE get behind our team in all areas
- we all start positive threads on our future
- we put aside who's the number one goalie ...it does'nt matter for the rest of this season both are capable of winning games

add your own what ifs to this thread...

This is the team we have I for one am going to pull for them in all areas.

#2 winter

winter

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:48 PM

what if we just continue to make realistic threads and the people having trouble coming to terms with the reality of this team stop posting threads like yours

#3 Pistachios

Pistachios

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

Try being positive? CDC? Yeah right!

BURN WITCHES!!!!!

G4fSut.gif

#4 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

Well, here we go deadline is passed and we now know where the team stands, no more what if's for players. Its all about a final run at the playoffs, we have 2 number one goalies and a lot of character left on our team.

WHAT IF?

- we for the first time in a long time WE get behind our team in all areas
- we all start positive threads on our future
- we put aside who's the number one goalie ...it does'nt matter for the rest of this season both are capable of winning games

add your own what ifs to this thread...

This is the team we have I for one am going to pull for them in all areas.

What IF.... We fired MG and sent AV with him.

#5 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

What IF.... We fired MG and sent AV with him.

FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#6 winter

winter

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

FIRE EVERYTHING!!!!!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

=

cup

#7 Tiers

Tiers

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:59 PM

ya I see how these replys really help the situation...

we now know what we have and unless you really dont like hockey or prefer picking a new team when things dot go your way I suggest as I stated that those who care find ways to get behind the Canucks or take it elsewhere...what are your options ? Stop watching if you are unhappy cause this is what we have for now

jeesh...

#8 winter

winter

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

ya I see how these replys really help the situation...

we now know what we have and unless you really dont like hockey or prefer picking a new team when things dot go your way I suggest as I stated that those who care find ways to get behind the Canucks or take it elsewhere...what are your options ? Stop watching if you are unhappy cause this is what we have for now

jeesh...

its called constructive criticism and not being a fanboy

#9 Tiers

Tiers

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

FANBOY ? I am 50 years old seen a lot of hockey ...played when I was young...

Is it not obvious that this is the team we have NOW and there is no changing that after this deadline so ? what can you do

I choose to get behind them NOW because I like Hockey.

Whether or not you agree this is almost the same team that went to the cup finals and won the Pres's trophy 2 years in a row and it is a shortened season with a lot of injuries but STILL there is a chance for them to make a playoff run...Why not? At any moment any team can win or lose with the current parity in the league.

BTW are there NO fans left that want to support the team and at least try being positive?

Edited by Tiers, 03 April 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#10 Sick Hands

Sick Hands

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

I find being overly positive when its unwarrented just leaves me extremely dissapointed in the end.

I prefer to be realistic, that way im not blinded by the teams obvious deficiencies, and when they collapse it doesnt sting as much.

A Toast to Aquillini for getting Torterella.

An owner who knows what the people want.

That's entertainment.

#11 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Is it not obvious that this is the team we have NOW and there is no changing that after this deadline so ? what can you do

Whether or not you agree this is almost the same team that went to the cup finals and won the Pres's trophy 2 years in a row and it is a shortened season with a lot of injuries but STILL there is a chance for them to make a playoff run...Why not? At any moment any team can win or lose with the current parity in the league.

BTW are there NO fans left that want to support the team and at least try being positive?

Hard for us to be positive when WE STILL HAVEN'T WIN A CUP despite all the success you claim. And guess what, our window is closing and Gillis still hasn't done enough to convince me that this will be the year. Of course I could be wrong (and hope to be) but as of right now. The team isn't going pass round one.

Edited by cyacry, 03 April 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#12 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

A plea to fans of the Vancouver Canucks:

Lets's please change our perspective.

1. Goaltending wins championships. 2 #1 goalies is always better than zero #1 goalies.
2. Goaltending makes the Canuck harder to play against. More than anything else. Our goalies give us our best chance to win.
3. The Canucks goaltending is stronger now than ever. Luongo is as good as he was winning gold/past playoffs. Schneider is better now than he was during the last run.
4. The salary cap means nothing from now till the end of the playoffs. No sense in crying over spilt milk.
5. We will probably never be this deep in goal. Ever. Appreciate it.

Luongo + Schneider not Luongo or Schneider.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#13 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

With key players (Kesler) ready to rejoin. We will see a different quality of play. Not to mention an important hole being filled (Manny out, Roy replacing him.)

AV must be stoked to be ready to roll 4 lines and get back to their relentless forechecking, speed, puck possession game.

Lots of positives, its a shame CDC have a myopic view.

Gonna be a fun regular season, and hopefully a fruitful playoff run.

When it comes down to it, its up to the players to perform to their strengths, and the core players to remain healthy.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#14 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

The management said yesterday they needed to add pieces to go all-in AFTER adding Roy.
They added nothing else.

I wonder what Aquilini is thinking about that statement now as the fans ask themselves if spending $1000 to take their family to see a team that management doesn't even think can go all the way is worth the money. oh hey Luongos in tonite, the guy that doesnt really want to be here....

cue Mason Raymond and Andrew Ebbett.......ALL-IN.....eh ?

#15 lee goren rulez69

lee goren rulez69

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

too bad you can't play both at the same time right?

#16 yete

yete

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

no goals av will trap = 1st round exit

:shock:

#17 Canada Hockey Place

Canada Hockey Place

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

too bad you can't play both at the same time right?

Exactly. You provide a a great example of the shift in perspective that needs to change.
Quando omni flunkus moritati

#18 AngNMGN99

AngNMGN99

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

Nice one!

Pittsburgh, Chicago, Boston, LA, Anaheim maybe are probably the teams to beat. How can they be beaten?

Strong goaltending (and hopefully some more goals than last years playoffs)

#19 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

So what you're saying is, making positive threads on CDC will help the team win? LOL

Yup I'm pretty sure management and players all come on here to get inspiration and a positive attitude from the fans will cover the flaws of the team and will lead to success on the ice. hahaha

Edited by Super_Canuck, 03 April 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#20 Tiers

Tiers

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

So what you're saying is, making positive threads on CDC will help the team win? LOL

Ya thats what I am saying .... you Tool Why the hell btw did you choose a handle like SuperCanuck?

How about just try and be a fan instead of a doomsaying idiot.

Why is it so crazy to think that even with the record this year, discounting all previous, that we can't win on any given night hell we are above .500 hockey right now and even with a weakened team above .500 could translate into winning a seven game series?

I for one am sick of how the Canucks are treated by there own fans. Many other teams would kill to do what we have done even without the cup for the last several years.

Edited by Tiers, 03 April 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#21 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Yup I'm pretty sure management and players all come on here to get inspiration and a positive attitude from the fans will cover the flaws of the team and will lead to success on the ice. hahaha

ya there gonna go all the way !!

May Ray to the rescue, cue the japandroids anthem.

The fans know better than the management, were gonna take it all !!

Posted Image

Total delusion.

Edited by FinishEveryCheck, 03 April 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#22 Super_Canuck

Super_Canuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Ya thats what I am saying .... you Tool

How about just try and be a fan instead of a doomsaying idiot.

Why is it so crazy to think that even with the record this year, discounting all previous, that we can't win on any given night hell we are above .500 hockey right now and even with a weakened tem above .500 could translate into winning a seven game series?

I for one am sick of how the Canucks are treated by there own fans. Many other teams would kill to do what we have done even without the cup for the last several years.

First of all, if you're going to quote my post, then quote the entire thing, not just one line.

Second, I saw in an earlier post you said you were 50 yrs old, and yet you come on here and start calling people names because their opinion is different then yours? That just goes to show how much wisdom you got, or lack there of you bum!

I was trying to be nice earlier, but quite frankly, I think you're a retard for even starting this thread and suggesting that the atittude of the fans on CDC is somehow going to help the team win. What the hell do the forums on CDC have anything to do with how the team performs ON THE ICE? This team is clearly flawed and and if you are 50 yrs old and still don't realize that, then you're just an idiot and a 50 yr old fan boy.

We are money paying fans/customers and we have every right to criticize the team or management if we don't think what they're doing is enough to win! That's the difference between a fan and a cheerleader

Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure management and players all come on here to get inspiration and a positive attitude from the fans will cover the flaws of the team and will lead to success on the ice (btw, I'm being sarcastic there if you're too dumb to realize that)

PS. To add to your "what if" list:

what if you just STFU? lol

Edited by Super_Canuck, 03 April 2013 - 02:06 PM.

#23 Tiers

Tiers

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Hilarious...great reply

keep bashing the team you follow great idea

WIll stick with my analysis that you are nothing more then a useless Tool.

Try following soccer or golf maybe you will be less disappinted

#24 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

N.Jensen and Party Boy Kassian have to STEP up huge for this team to have run past 5 games in the first round.

#25 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:15 PM

The only "fan" media any of the Canucks/Management are likely to indulge in are the newspapers and maybe Twitter.

All we have to do is hope Gallagher has a stroke or something...
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#26 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,716 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:19 PM

Honestly... the OP is right...

If we want a shot at the cup, this team needs a readjustment. Starting with our awful power play has to be A LOT better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.