Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Canucks 30

***Updated*** Emotional Roberto Luongo, "My Contract Sucks" - Continues To Wait For Trade

385 posts in this topic

not going to comment on the article or quote it at all?

He's obviously emotional. He thought he was going to be traded by now.

Edit: OP has been changed now. First comment is irrelevant.

So any word on why Luongo was pulled off the ice? Based on the quotes sounds like he would have been willing to waive his NTC to go just about anywhere so the market for him at the draft should be larger.

pretty tough to read. :( I feel for him. I hope we win the cup with him back up or starter.

Maybe he can run over Ballard and booth and put them on lti so the Canucks can buy out his sucky contract

So any word on why Luongo was pulled off the ice? Based on the quotes sounds like he would have been willing to waive his NTC to go just about anywhere so the market for him at the draft should be larger.

Luongo. Your contract doesn't suck!

It makes you rich!

And you have done your best to compete with the team. Like in Edmonton, just have to be ready to go into goal like it's yours again. As past playoffs have shown anything can happen and who is carrying the ball can change in the blink of an eye.

To make sure he was A-OK with where he was going to be traded if the potential was there, is what he said in his interview

It really sucks to see this happen to him. As much as we've ripped on him, he has done a ton for us and he really deserves better than this.

I don't know if it's blunt, honest or stupid to say that his contract sucks

I understand he wants to play and he's emotional....but it probably won't earn him any brownie points with the fans (and I say this as a Lu supporter)