The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***Updated*** Emotional Roberto Luongo, "My Contract Sucks" - Continues To Wait For Trade

Vancouver Canucks 30

Lu demanded to be payed as the best.

Perhaps if he had been reasonable when he renewed his contract instead of putting himself at the top of the heap he would of been traded by now.

Now he has a date next year with the AHL to be the new Redden all because of his own arrogance thinking he was the greatest and deserved a lifetime contract and now he will finish it in the AHL.

Couldn't help but feel a little sorry for Lu. He has a lot of pride and it must bother the hell out of him he can't be a starter the rest of the season. He's handled the situation with a lot of maturity and professionalism though.

And in the end, I won't shed a tear for him since he's still getting paid millions of dollars to play a game once every couple weeks.

Lu demanded to be payed as the best.

Perhaps if he had been reasonable when he renewed his contract instead of putting himself at the top of the heap he would of been traded by now.

Now he has a date next year with the AHL to be the new Redden all because of his own arrogance thinking he was the greatest and deserved a lifetime contract and now he will finish it in the AHL.

Couldn't help but feel a little sorry for Lu. He has a lot of pride and it must bother the hell out of him he can't be a starter the rest of the season. He's handled the situation with a lot of maturity and professionalism though.

And in the end, I won't shed a tear for him since he's still getting paid millions of dollars to play a game once every couple weeks.

???? I love Luongo but wth why all the bleeding hearts for him?

1. If he was truly desperate to get out of town he could have waived his NTC which would have helped Gillis a lot.

2. He is being paid a sick sick amount of money to practice and stay in shape... not too shabby at all.

3. He needs to suck it up, realize he is not bigger than the team... if it doesn't improve the Canucks why would Gillis trade him, instead of saying his contract sucks he should start playing like he deserves that contract at all - then it would be moot.

All those years spent debating about how Luongo isn't a team player, how he never takes the blame for things, how he sucked as a captain and never showed emotion after losses... etc. The guy has either really changed since then, or the media just chose to portray him in bad light after those back-to-back losses against Chicago.

Could barely watch the entire interview. You really feel for him, he just wants to play the damn game and he honestly doesn't deserve all the crap that he's had to deal with since management decided to resign Schneider. As cliche as it sounds, money is important, but it doesn't buy happiness.

Luongo has his destiny in his hands, he will get the net at some point and in a pressure situation, if he shines he will get moved in the summer, if he doesn't then Schneider will be the one getting traded. They will have no other choice, worst case your stuck with Luongo, not so bad if you ask me he's got another 4 years in him of solidness and then u buy him out and give him a golden handshake for your part in mishandling this whole situation.

Goaltending wins cups , its time for Schneids and Lu to carry this team and the rookies Kassian and Jensen to help spark them.

Archived