The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***Updated*** Emotional Roberto Luongo, "My Contract Sucks" - Continues To Wait For Trade

Vancouver Canucks 30

Gillis has really mismanaged the entire goalie situation. Players are human. They play better when they know they have the support of their teammates, management, and fans. Luongo has been hung out to dry way too many times and the way he has handled everything speaks loads about his character.

Think about how stressed out you would be if the future of your job, which would mean uprooting your family's entire life, was unknown and on the rocks for two years. Lu's done a ton for this organization and there seems to be almost zero loyalty to him which is crap and I'm tired of seeing MG embarrass him. MG needs to go, not Lu.

I used to rag him a lot. I always knew he was a really good player but a lot of how I viewed him rode on perception. That and his dropping the odd critical game or two in the playoffs.

Over the past year I have really come to respect his professionalism and feel bad for wanting him replaced.

If CS wasn't waiting in the wings, this whole mess wouldn't be happening. Actually, I take it back. If AV hadn't started CS for those three straight games this whole mess wouldn't be happening.

I'd actually rather keep Lou and CS if the salary weren't an issue and send AV packing.

I really hope Luongo has a monster end to the season.  At one point Av. Needs to play him.  9 straight starts for Schnieds? Ok hes the starter but cmon man.  Luongo didn't really have the opportunity to showcase himself recently.   But at this point, Luongo really has no choice where he wants to go.

I really hope Luongo has a monster end to the season. At one point Av. Needs to play him. 9 straight starts for Schnieds? Ok hes the starter but cmon man. Luongo didn't really have the opportunity to showcase himself recently. But at this point, Luongo really has no choice where he wants to go.

Gillis has really mismanaged the entire goalie situation. Players are human. They play better when they know they have the support of their teammates, management, and fans. Luongo has been hung out to dry way too many times and the way he has handled everything speaks loads about his character.

Think about how stressed out you would be if the future of your job, which would mean uprooting your family's entire life, was unknown and on the rocks for two years. Lu's done a ton for this organization and there seems to be almost zero loyalty to him which is crap and I'm tired of seeing MG embarrass him. MG needs to go, not Lu.

Sure he did. In Edmonton, he had a chance to stop the Oilers' momentum before the game was 10 minutes old. Instead, he let in the first shot he saw and then a weak stuff in from Hall a few minutes later.

He went on to play a solid game afterward, but by that time the damage was irrepairable...

im pretty disappointed in this organization... for being known as a classy club, a club that gave our backup (at the time) an important game against his hometown team (and the team that beat us down for the cup) - why, a few days after an emotional presser that gave us a glimpse into roberto's true feelings on his situation, did they not give him the start on his birthday??

hes still a world class goaltender, and you'd think if an organization signs a guy to a lifetime contract they would have had a backup plan to.. i dont know, trade schneider instead??? improve our team up front more than a luongo trade would? at a 4 million cap hit is schneider really that much better than roberto? down the road im sure he will be, but right now? brodeur managed to be a force in the NHL until 40, but no... the way this has been played out sure seems like there is no other option EXCEPT to trade roberto - i think feelings on both sides have been too damaged by this, and roberto deserves more than what hes getting. especially with gillis saying 'theres been discussions' and basically inferring roberto lied about not waiving his NTC in the summer.

i mean, since when do NHL clubs hold pressers because someone HASNT been traded??? if giving us some transparency was the goal, mission accomplished - i dont want to know how the management deals with players anymore, because this whole situation is making me sick. after this debacle im sure luongo's trade value is at an all-time low.

love the players, love the team... starting to hate the management.

Guest Dasein

im pretty disappointed in this organization... for being known as a classy club, a club that gave our backup (at the time) an important game against his hometown team (and the team that beat us down for the cup) - why, a few days after an emotional presser that gave us a glimpse into roberto's true feelings on his situation, did they not give him the start on his birthday??

hes still a world class goaltender, and you'd think if an organization signs a guy to a lifetime contract they would have had a backup plan to.. i dont know, trade schneider instead??? improve our team up front more than a luongo trade would? at a 4 million cap hit is schneider really that much better than roberto? down the road im sure he will be, but right now? brodeur managed to be a force in the NHL until 40, but no... the way this has been played out sure seems like there is no other option EXCEPT to trade roberto - i think feelings on both sides have been too damaged by this, and roberto deserves more than what hes getting. especially with gillis saying 'theres been discussions' and basically inferring roberto lied about not waiving his NTC in the summer.

i mean, since when do NHL clubs hold pressers because someone HASNT been traded??? if giving us some transparency was the goal, mission accomplished - i dont want to know how the management deals with players anymore, because this whole situation is making me sick. after this debacle im sure luongo's trade value is at an all-time low.

at a 4 million cap hit is schneider really that much better than roberto? down the road im sure he will be, but right now? brodeur managed to be a force in the NHL until 40, but no... the way this has been played out sure seems like there is no other option EXCEPT to trade roberto -

Archived