The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***Updated*** Emotional Roberto Luongo, "My Contract Sucks" - Continues To Wait For Trade

Vancouver Canucks 30

Maybe I'm the only one but, I wonder what their options are to renegotiate contracts. Is arbitration an option? I have no idea about the new CBA and very little about the old one when it comes to contracts and options.

I thought there was something put into this CBA as an out clause for arbitration for an under performing player.

I know this is not plausible but, what if the canucks bought him out with the amnesty this year and then re-signed him as a UFA to a 3 yr deal at 1.5m per year or something?

Can they do that and then trade him?

Lu might agree to this as he still makes his buyout money AND he gets a very liquid contract that makes him easily movable.

Kesler was not healthy, nor effective.

Schneider was in against LA with a healthy team in front of him, no collapses. yet our offense was just as pathetic.

so no, Luongo's collapses were not the reason our offense wasn't going

Man I love the guy.

Having just watched the video he is a 24 carat class act and I don't see why he should renegotiate his contract. Gillis was happy to sign it and if they want to make it manageable in a trade then the owners should bear part of his cap in a trade. If they don't like it then they should sack Gillis.

Gillis is stubborn though and said he would never do that. ................But he also said he didn't believe in rentals.

Lu has his family and future to consider and I hope he stands by the contract.

To me this management group and coaching staff have to be held accountable for how Lui's situation has been handled from day 1.

Whether you believe that Cory is the guy or Lui is the guy, the fact is that when they pulled Lui in the LA series and went with Cory, it was the poker equivalent of showing every other GM in the league their hand and significantly weakened their position.

There was absolutely no reason that they couldn't have gone back to Lui in at least one of the last two games of that series as it should have been plainly obvious to everyone at the time that the Canucks weren't going anywhere in those playoffs regardless of who was in net.

I know this is not plausible but, what if the canucks bought him out with the amnesty this year and then re-signed him as a UFA to a 3 yr deal at 1.5m per year or something?

Lu might agree to this as he still makes his buyout money AND he gets a very liquid contract that makes him easily movable.

So if he was never approached about going to TO in the summer then this is 100% MG's F up. It was reported that TO had a good offer for him in the summer.

Thinking MG needs to go, but oh right we can get more for him next summer when we have to trade him or be forced to buy him out.

Archived