The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***Updated*** Emotional Roberto Luongo, "My Contract Sucks" - Continues To Wait For Trade

Vancouver Canucks 30

I found it interesting, and suprising that MG stated that the contract had absolutely nothing to do with securing a deal. It was the nature of the deals proposed to the team.

He did good in not giving away Lu and focusing on what the team dearly needed, a centerman.

And i do agree, he is rolling the dice, and the off season will be very interesting. Lotsa cap friendly moves-deals will be made.

Love Lou and I'm really hoping we make some magic in the playoffs but in a dramatic turn of events Lou is forced into action at a pivotal time, saving the day and winning us a cup.

You know, something cheesy that prompts a made-for-tv movie that may feature Emilio Estevez and end with a slow-motion hi-five.

I don't understand the comparison between Lou and Rick DiPietro.

Sure they both have long contracts....but that's where the similarity ends.

DiPietro can't play. He's injured all the time. He's only played 10 career playoff games. Lou has won more games than Rick has even played.

I have been as critical as it gets with Lou, but bottom line: He's healthy and he's a great goalie. If he can figure out how to be more consistent in the playoffs he will become an all time great.

10 years from now, people will remember Lou. No one will remember DiPietro.

Reading some of the luongo hater response. If I were luongo.. I tell the management I aint waiving my ntc u can buy me out if u want to force a schneider trade just to shove it in their face and hope the luongo hater hop off the canucks bandwagon and go cheer for the oilers or flames. I dont even understand wheres all the hate and personal attacks are coming from. Luongo and schneider are both part of the team . If u support the team u support both... not hating and throwing trash comments towards them.

Guest Dasein

I dunno about you, but I have a pretty good feeling moving forward into the playoffs this season.

Luongo realizes this is his last chance at a Stanley Cup... He's never been this hungry and desperate. I feel like he will play his heart out for this team, and that's just what we were missing to take us over the hump.

The team as it stands is actually better than ever. Yes, Sedins don't produce as much as 2011. Yes, Kesler's coming off an injury. But on paper, with Henrik, Kesler, Roy and Lapierre down the middle, we've never looked better.

I think we're going to see a repeat of 2010 - Luongo takes over after a bad game, and never looks back until he lifts the silver this time ;)

The real value in any deal is getting his cap hit off the books for next year. I highly doubt Gillis would have gone after Roy if he has no intention of trying to resign him and with the cap reduction there will be plenty of good players being dumped or not resigned. The market for Luongo wasn't good because a lot of the teams most likely interested are either out of the playoff race or cannot afford to give up any pieces of their team since they are still competing for a spot.

I can honestly see Luongo in Philly next season. I'm sure now the Flyers know they need to buy out Byrz and most likely will and I can see them making a push for Lu. I would love to see him in Philly.

come playoff time goalies have been known to steal complete series showing up in each and every game ya he won 1 2 and 5 standing on his head but people need to realize he also lost 3 4 and 7 with his first period play when a goalie doesn't make a save to start the game the team in front loses confidence

Archived