The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***Updated*** Emotional Roberto Luongo, "My Contract Sucks" - Continues To Wait For Trade

Vancouver Canucks 30

Boo hoo, I get paid millions to play half the games of half a season..

I dont feel secure, get me a tissue..

Do you understand what it feels like to be an athlete? To sit and watch as others do the thing you love to do? Even as a person who's always loved working out, when I've been sidelined due to injury, etc. it eats away at me and my overall mental health deteriorates along with my physical health. It's like a slow ticking clock and it's extremely frustrating to be held back from doing something you love - something that's in your blood.

So look beyond the money issue. That's part of the "career" element but there's more to it than that. These guys have grown up playing the game they love and, especially as they start to head toward a period where they'll decline a bit due to age, it's important to them to play.

Either goalie could be open for a trade but not until after the playoffs. I honestly think Lu looks even better then he did in past years and quite happy to have both going into the playoffs :) Now gitter done!! Provided coaching makes the right decisions...

Do you understand what it feels like to be an athlete? To sit and watch as others do the thing you love to do? Even as a person who's always loved working out, when I've been sidelined due to injury, etc. it eats away at me and my overall mental health deteriorates along with my physical health. It's like a slow ticking clock and it's extremely frustrating to be held back from doing something you love - something that's in your blood.

So look beyond the money issue. That's part of the "career" element but there's more to it than that. These guys have grown up playing the game they love and, especially as they start to head toward a period where they'll decline a bit due to age, it's important to them to play.

Gillis has dropped another notch in my respect for him as a GM today.

This whole debacle should have been avoided from the start. An absolute mess. I am a Lu fan, and I'm also a Schneider fan. I'm also a fan who won't throw Luongo under the bus for the teams complete playoff meltdowns.

The way he has been treated, for everything he has done for the organization in the last 7 years, is absolutely appalling. I'm sorry, but when you have a goalie of his caliber, signed to a lifelong contract, you don't shove him in the corner for the backup.

This would NEVER happen with Brodeur. Or with any organization that just signed an all-star player to a career long contract with the intent of PLAYING. Last I checked we signed Lu to be our franchise goaltender.

I'm disgusted.

This whole debacle should have been avoided from the start. An absolute mess. I am a Lu fan, and I'm also a Schneider fan. I'm also a fan who won't throw Luongo under the bus for the teams complete playoff meltdowns.

The way he has been treated, for everything he has done for the organization in the last 7 years, is absolutely appalling. I'm sorry, but when you have a goalie of his caliber, signed to a lifelong contract, you don't shove him in the corner for the backup.

This would NEVER happen with Brodeur. Or with any organization that just signed an all-star player to a career long contract with the intent of PLAYING. Last I checked we signed Lu to be our franchise goaltender.

I'm disgusted.

I'm disgusted.

I'm disgusted.

Archived