The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***Updated*** Emotional Roberto Luongo, "My Contract Sucks" - Continues To Wait For Trade

Vancouver Canucks 30

Gillis has dropped another notch in my respect for him as a GM today.

This whole debacle should have been avoided from the start. An absolute mess. I am a Lu fan, and I'm also a Schneider fan. I'm also a fan who won't throw Luongo under the bus for the teams complete playoff meltdowns.

The way he has been treated, for everything he has done for the organization in the last 7 years, is absolutely appalling. I'm sorry, but when you have a goalie of his caliber, signed to a lifelong contract, you don't shove him in the corner for the backup.

This would NEVER happen with Brodeur. Or with any organization that just signed an all-star player to a career long contract with the intent of PLAYING. Last I checked we signed Lu to be our franchise goaltender.

I'm disgusted.

This whole debacle should have been avoided from the start. An absolute mess. I am a Lu fan, and I'm also a Schneider fan. I'm also a fan who won't throw Luongo under the bus for the teams complete playoff meltdowns.

The way he has been treated, for everything he has done for the organization in the last 7 years, is absolutely appalling. I'm sorry, but when you have a goalie of his caliber, signed to a lifelong contract, you don't shove him in the corner for the backup.

This would NEVER happen with Brodeur. Or with any organization that just signed an all-star player to a career long contract with the intent of PLAYING. Last I checked we signed Lu to be our franchise goaltender.

I'm disgusted.

Yes, and the goalie on the other end was standing on his head too.... so how many goals did the Canucks need to score in games : 3, 4, 6 and 7 to win? Answer: too many to have a chance to win, because one goalie continued to stand on his head while the other... everyone knows and will remember the terrible performance in those games.

Luo was great and then terrible, although the team was not good enough to beat Thomas.

I'm disgusted.

I love how the Schneider fans are like "he signed here to be the #1 it's not fair for him to blah blah blah"

Guarantee you Luongo signed that deal assuming he'd be the #1 here until he retired. GUARANTEED.

And if you're gonna bring up youtube clips of Luongo failing well then here's one for you:

I'm disgusted.

too many to have a chance to win? other than game 6 and game 7, the team all failed to score in two periods when the score was close. Luongo gave the team a chance to score, they just fail to do so much like all the games that we won in that series.

THE WHOLE TEAM fail to score goals in that series regardless how long our goalie held out the opponents.

Did Luongo have his fault? absolutely yes. But he should not be the main target to blame because he gave us 3 wins literally out of nothing.

And you fail to understand Boston was not scoring, this was going to be a goalie dual and it was... until Luo.

Luo was not much better than Thomas in his wins, but Thomas was miles better than Luo in his wins.

People fail to realize Luo was not the busier of the two goalies.

Canuck fans do not give Thomas credit for having one of the best goalie performances of any goalie in a stanley series in the history of the stanley cup.

The real question should be; if Thomas was the Canucks goalie would we have a Cup? More than likely YES!

Luo was a huge part in Van getting to the finals of the Stanley cup and he was a huge part of losing the Cup.

Could we have had enough scoring with a healthy line up to beat Thomas ? I think not it was his time and thomas was close to unbeatable, Luo could not match Thomas game to game over the 7 game series.

Archived