Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 6 votes

***Updated*** Emotional Roberto Luongo, "My Contract Sucks" - Continues To Wait For Trade

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#31 winter

winter

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

???? I love Luongo but wth why all the bleeding hearts for him?

1. If he was truly desperate to get out of town he could have waived his NTC which would have helped Gillis a lot.
2. He is being paid a sick sick amount of money to practice and stay in shape... not too shabby at all.
3. He needs to suck it up, realize he is not bigger than the team... if it doesn't improve the Canucks why would Gillis trade him, instead of saying his contract sucks he should start playing like he deserves that contract at all - then it would be moot.

what are you talking about! the poor guys doesn't have a shiny trophy to put on top of his millions and millions of dollars :sadno:
he should reach out to him, lifes hard

#32 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

POPULAR

Luongo pushed for his massive huge deal till the end of time and handcuffs Vancouver on 29/30 teams,
waits till the deadlines over and then comes out saying .....oh my poor contract....scratches his head why no one grabbed him.
whoa is me.....

seriously ?

guy looks like a head case again, fully mind checked and pretty much all on his own dealing.

He got greedy for Florida and now he's got nothing accept an overpaid backup role.

If he didn't routinely look uninspired and get ventilated Cory wouldnt have had the opportunity to take his job in the first place.

on the upside we dont have Ben Scrivens as a backup right now.

#33 shafman

shafman

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:26 PM

POPULAR

I still think LU> Schneider.

Completely delusional. Schneider has never cost the Canucks a cup, Luongo has. Don't play "the team didn't play well"card either, see the games in Boston, then throw that argument in the garbage.

Thanks to CC19 for the sig!

#34 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

Mike Gillis needs to accept the market out there for Luongos contract and should have made a deal happen for cap relief .

This still has real possibilities to blow up in his face with locker room issues
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#35 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

1. If he was truly desperate to get out of town he could have waived his NTC which would have helped Gillis a lot.
2. He is being paid a sick sick amount of money to practice and stay in shape... not too shabby at all.
3. He needs to suck it up, realize he is not bigger than the team... if it doesn't improve the Canucks why would Gillis trade him, instead of saying his contract sucks he should start playing like he deserves that contract at all - then it would be moot.

" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#36 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Watch Schneider completely melt down in this stretch run and in the playoffs and Lu comes in and saves the day.

You're probably right on the first part but the rest is extreme delusion.

#37 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

If he was the great goalie so many people seem to think he is, he would have a Stanley Cup under his belt and this trade talk would be a moot point. Instead he even feels he is over-rated and toxic as a trade.

#38 FinishEveryCheck

FinishEveryCheck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Completely delusional. Schneider has never cost the Canucks a cup, Luongo has. Don't play "the team didn't play well"card either, see the games in Boston, then throw that argument in the garbage.

Total and complete meltdown on Luongo's part but hey, he's a nice guy with a twitter account. Luuuuuuuuuuuuu

#39 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,964 posts

How is this relevent to the OP's post?!!

This is why so many wanted him traded. This same BS after every game!

#40 22Sedinery33

22Sedinery33

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

Think you need to watch game 7 again, only delusional person here is you blaming the loss solely on Luongo.
Posted Image

#41 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:29 PM

1) he has never been approached about waiving his NTC and he stated this again today ,Money is not everything and i think its perty clear after he said he would scrap it right now and there is nothing that shows Luongo thinking he is bigger then the team leaving your post pointless
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#42 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

If he was the great goalie so many people seem to think he is, he would have a Stanley Cup under his belt and this trade talk would be a moot point. Instead he even feels he is over-rated and toxic as a trade.

huh ? where you basing this from
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#43 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

POPULAR

Talking about yourself?

Luongo did not cost this team a cup. 2 shutouts in the finals, when we won 3 games? Sure, he didn't play all that well in Boston, but who did in the final? 4-0? Still have to score at least 1 friggin' goal to win a game. How exactly does Lu lose us the cup when we didn't even score once in game 7?

You're a terrible fan.

RIP LB RR PD

#44 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Awe poor lou.
Posted Image

#45 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,794 posts

Posted Image
"Hmm... The only thing worse
than your contract
is watching it being earned."
Posted Image

#46 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,248 posts

As much as I would've liked to see the Canucks bolster weaker parts of the line-up, and both Schneider and Luongo be starters on their own teams, it's nice to have Roberto still here. My all-time favourite goalie. He'll do what he directly can to help the team, and is a great fixture in the dressing room for the boys. Now if he were to play as he can, earn the #1 job back, and earn that contract...that'd be excellent. It's funny, because if the Canucks won the Cup in 2011, this contract would've been looked at as being sheer genius for being a loophole to heftily cut his cap hit.

"Yesterday, late evening, I started getting weird feelings in my stomach. Not that I had to go to the bathroom..."

Even when he's clearly emotional he's cracking jokes, lightening the mood. Well, he dug his own hole and is now shouldering the emotional load. Getting paid handsomely at least :lol:

Edited by Witchcraft and Sedinery, 03 April 2013 - 01:34 PM.

dontforgettolentil.png

#47 MrCanuck94

MrCanuck94

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

Seems like you're the delusional one here.

#48 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

After watching both pressers I can see this taking an ugly turn, Luo saying he wasn't approached, Gillis saying he was.

Luo clearly wants out.

I honestly can't imagine how you could possibly handle this situation worse

The both of them

If Luo wanted to move on he should have talked about it to management behind closed doors.

Gillis should have ended this as quickly as possible.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#49 lee goren rulez69

lee goren rulez69

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

Gillis really fracked this up. should've shipped him out for picks. the cap space would've been worth it alone

#50 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,532 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Attached File  stockade.jpg   16.78KB   1 downloads
wtg Gillis what a contract....

#51 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,260 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Gillis really fracked this up. should've shipped him out for picks. the cap space would've been worth it alone

Can still move him in the summer which seems to have been the plan all along and to the people saying he had to be moved now give your heads a shake everyone in the media knew he wouldn't be moved until the summer

#52 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,047 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

1) he has never been approached about waiving his NTC and he stated this again today ,Money is not everything and i think its perty clear after he said he would scrap it right now and there is nothing that shows Luongo thinking he is bigger then the team leaving your post pointless

Well then if he really didn't want to be here he should never have signed the contract he did (lifetime contract) and/or played up to the level that was expected of him to warrant the awarding of said contract. Money isn't everything... but in this results oriented league if you are given an amount of money (which is finite as it is limited by the cap) Play like you're worth it.

If he played like a superstar, teams would have been phoning non-stop to give up all their goods to acquire him. If you can't see that its not just his contract... its not just Gillis unable to pull the trigger... but that the fault lies soley and squarely on Luongo, then you need to stop watching hockey cause you are clueless.

Give us elite goaltending night in and night out... and you can say whatever you want. But with his inconsitent play he should STFU stop whining and get back to practice to try to improve his game cause right now his stats prove that he is JUST a BACKUP (expensive back up at that)
Posted Image

#53 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:43 PM

if Schneider gets hurt or falters in the playoffs we'll be glad Lu wasn't traded

#54 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Off-season deal, like I've been saying all along. Poor Luongo, you had to feel for him in that presser. Just hang in there a little longer Lu.

2dgqi51.jpgfcvifc.jpg
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 and Discord for the signatures.

#55 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:45 PM

see 8 goals scored in 7 games and throw your post in the garbage, Luongo needed 4 shutouts for us to win the cup

#56 AngNMGN99

AngNMGN99

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:49 PM

He wants to play! Thats his point...in everything he says you notice he likes the team, players, city...just the situation can makes him emotional right now...no problem in the locker room!

#57 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

I've done my study and research and now I officially believe all ppl who are indian love lu. Heres why:

- luongo could pass as indian. Had a coworker amundeep who looked just like him

That's it. I will update my research further once I have more ground breaking evidence.

Shout out to kanucks1.
Posted Image

#58 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

LOL Please don't get delusional with Shnides in net. Shnieder is our current number one. We need him to be top shelf as the number one and Luo is the back up....Hence more starts. BUT Don't forget our previous number one Luongo wanted out of this dump....lol And its understandable.

With all the people thinking Shnides the Savior and Kelser Booth and Kassian are gonna blow up when they get back are all delusional. They started the year but now they are there....lol Injury prone nancies.....

#59 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,732 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Don't you get it??? Money's not everything for him

Yeah, wouldn't that be great. To be so spoiled by money that the important things in life are figuring out how every miniscule little detail be bent to work in your favour.

I do feel for him though. A true competitor. It's got to be frustrating enough being locked out and not being able to play for a year. But then to have the season turned on and be relegated to watching everyone else get back to it while you stand aside and watch. Especially since he is healthy and ready to play. The whole situation hasn't been the best and I think we pretty much showed the rest of the league what happens when you f around with 2 starting goalies.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#60 Canuck L Head

Canuck L Head

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Gillis fracked up large.....Im not willing to listen to his excuses to try to cover his ass once again. Same crap, diff year
GO Posted Image GO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.