The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Far Will The Canucks Go (Post-Trade Deadline)?

westvandude

How far will the Canucks go in 2013 Playoffs?  

340 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think they ll make the conference final but don t quite have enough to go all the way this year.

I feel they need a full preseason to truly get their playing legs under them. This team needs twenty games just to get going. in a 48 game season, this team is in trouble. They are just getting going now. I m glad MG didn t go into panic mode and start pushing unrealistic trades. I like his composure and willingness to stay the course until the right deal comes. He will not sell this team short. yes we have an outragiously payed back up, but we still have a tandem other teams could only dream of having.

I feel next year is gonna be a great one.

completely serious... compare the two lineups:

Forwards:

Lost> Samuellsson (who only played 11 games in 2011 playoffs), Torres, Hodgson (only played 12 playoff games), Glass, Oreskovich .... this group tallied just 11 pts total during playoff run.

Added> Roy, Kassian, Sestito, Weise, and a very improved Hansen

Defense:

Lost> Ehrhoff (biggest loss by far), Salo, Rome

Added> Garrison, a very improved Tanev (who only played 4 games in 2011 run)

Goalie:

> This is pretty much a wash. Although you could make the argument that collectively, Schneider and Luongo are better now than they were in 2011.

on paper, this group comparable to 2011 group in talent. just have to put it all together like they did in 2011 which they have yet to do this year. the potential is there though.

completely serious... compare the two lineups:

Forwards:

Lost> Samuellsson (who only played 11 games in 2011 playoffs), Torres, Hodgson (only played 12 playoff games), Glass, Oreskovich .... this group tallied just 11 pts total during playoff run.

Added> Roy, Kassian, Sestito, Weise, and a very improved Hansen

Defense:

Lost> Ehrhoff (biggest loss by far), Salo, Rome

Added> Garrison, a very improved Tanev (who only played 4 games in 2011 run)

Goalie:

> This is pretty much a wash. Although you could make the argument that collectively, Schneider and Luongo are better now than they were in 2011.

on paper, this group comparable to 2011 group in talent. just have to put it all together like they did in 2011 which they have yet to do this year. the potential is there though.

We also added David Booth and a improved Schroeder! If we're lucky we might be able to say that we added an improved Jensen.

Our defence is worse, but our goaltending is better and our offense is extremely deep as it consists of 3 centres that are all capable of playing 1st line on an average team.

fair points but look at what that team in 2011 did in the regular season, led in almost every stat. now look at this team, not even comparable.

I don't see this current lineup all of a sudden becoming that much better in the playoffs and playing similarly to our 2011 lineup

LOL @ the one person who expects us to miss the playoffs! you'll either be a genius or a pessimistic downer no one wants to watch canucks games with! (believe me I have friends like that, and i try my best not to watch the games with them... every bad play they're like "OMG this team sucks, we're gonna lose, this is hopeless" hahaha)

This team has been in trouble since early spring last year. Combine that with the number of injuries and things are only worse. FO % is at the bottom of the league (death to a puck possession team), special teams are brutal, d-zone coverage looks confused more often than not, and there is no 2nd line just as last spring. Hopefully Roy sparks the offence and Kesler is able to play effectively on return. The goaltending is as good as or better than last spring. Hopefully the poor d-zone coverage won't get them guessing.

As long as we have a healthy team, we will get past the first round even if we face LA; however, I don't think we will face LA in the playoffs this year as they look like they will finish higher than 6th.

I think we can make it out of the Western conference (I think we have a good chance to beat Chicago barring injuires).

My predictions are:

1. We won't face LA in the first round but if we do, we will beat them,

2. We will make it past Anaheim (possibly second round), and

3. We will beat Chicago (most likely in the conference final).

Cup finals prediction: We will win the cup if we face Penguins, Canadiens, or any other team except the Rangers. If for some reason, the Rangers come out of the East, we will win as long as the series doesn't go to game 7. If it does go to game 7, then who know? I also predict that the Bruins won't make it to the finals this year.

LOL @ the one person who expects us to miss the playoffs! you'll either be a genius or a pessimistic downer no one wants to watch canucks games with! (believe me I have friends like that, and i try my best not to watch the games with them... every bad play they're like "OMG this team sucks, we're gonna lose, this is hopeless" hahaha)

totally agree. i just went off what i think our playoff roster is going to be. it does not look like Booth will be ready for the playoffs, certainly not back in time for early rounds. and i don't think jensen is going to stick around once we start getting forwards back and healthy. i do not think he is a 4th liner.

i think our goaltending is definitely stronger than it was in 2011 with Lu and Schneider both playing at the top of their games and both capable of going on long hot streaks. there's a good and bad side to having two all-star goalies on the roster.

defence is obviously a little weaker than 2 years ago, and the group has not played to their full potential at all this year. but we still have a very solid top-6. completely agree with Assistant GM Lawrence GIlman who said the d-core should be considered upper echelon in the league.

with the acquisition of Roy our forward group receives some great depth. definitely deeper at C than in 2011. but scoring is still a concern until this group shows they can get goals consistently.

the real issue is taking all of that talent and converting it into heart, goals, wins. maybe adding Roy to the locker room, or having the deadline over with will somehow tweak the chemistry of this team.

Archived