Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Is there a problem between management/coaching and players?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
64 replies to this topic

#61 Flipper

Flipper

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

We all miss the humble nature of Brian Burke.

Lol, that is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while!

#62 Flipper

Flipper

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Yup, CDC has to learn how stuff works in the media world. I've dealt with the media, they probe and push for every piece of dirt they can; they tape you for 10 minutes; then they pick out 15 seconds of material that they think will give them the best footage (usually the stuff they can spin some way for maximum sensationalism) and put it on air. Remember, it's not about reporting the whole picture, it's about maximizing ratings which equals the biggest bucks because people gobble it up! Why do u think rags like the national enquiror are still around?

Are we really so narrow minded to believe that the players, coaches, management and owners watch the news after a game and base their opinions on each other upon the comments they see on tv? Especially after basically living with each other for 10 months of the year? So the players and coaches don't talk at all on those long plane rides, they just watch the sports and say 'man the coach doesn't respect me because he said my goal didn't matter'?

Or when the media, for the 1000th time asks the same question about a trade, that anyone gives a canned answer and CDC reads something into it, thinking there is a rift between the players and management? Seriously? It's a private business pulling in millions of dollars, and we think Gillis is lying to us in the press because he doesn't tell us everything he is doing all the time??!? Really people? Grow up!

#63 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:12 PM

The source with complete quotes and such is a click away on the CDC post game title page. :)

Another good point;

Im not crazy about AV, but its wrong for me to take a quote like that on face value just because Im not a fan of his.

#64 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,384 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

I did my research... I know exactly who said what.

98% kass doesn't care... but still can't av just save his breath? There's no poijnt to his comment.

It's crap like this why I will continue to discredit the Anti AV crowd. Spin every non story to a big deal. Pull the goalie should have left him in, leave him in should have pulled him. Call a timeout, he should have saved it or call it earlier, don't call one he should have.

You people are so anti AV you contradict yourselves.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#65 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

Please remember Lu has a no trade/movement clause on his contract so basically Lu dictates where he wants to go

So obviously gillis has had discussions with Lu with regards to where he would accept a trade to otherwise it would be a waste of gillis time talking trade with another team that luongo has no desires for.

The logic of the matter is how can there be a deal in place unless mg had discussed it Lu.

So yes both mg and Lu is correct. There were discussions and there was no deal in place in which Lu was asked to waive. It all makes sense. It's just all media spin.

And c'mon, all av is trying to say to kassian is nice goal kid, but lets see you score when it matters.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.