The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Powerhouse of the west

Need a franchise Dman aka Seth Jones 'cause this team is not going all the way . It's a wishful thinking of the idea of the canucks going on a cinderella run this season. Canucks might make it to 2nd round and Gillis will sell it to some sheep fans that its a success. Next season the sedins, burrows are a year older while other teams' young superstars get better and some hit their prime. The windows have closed.

I said Blues at the start of the season to go to the SCF, and I still think so. Great depth, and one of the best D in the league.

Chicago will be knocked out early by my guess. Their "great" depth won't last that long.

Ducks are coached by Boudreau who couldn't get his dominant caps by a hot goalie. Might still struggle with that.

LA just won the cup, so unlikely for them to make it again

Wild are a team that could surprise, but CHI, ANA, STL, and LA would beat them.

And then there's us...

Oh, and don't forget Columbus, they might just sneak in and win a round.

Funny...Last year everyone was counting out the LA Kings against the Canucks..In the playoffs,expect the unexpected...If the Canucks are healthy and firing on all cylinders,why could'nt they beat the Hawks?...If you think the goaltending tandem of Corey Crawford and Ray Emery are better then Luongo and Schneider..I beg to differ...I'm not dreaming at all.

It's not necessarily a crapshoot, but just who is hotter at that time, and isn't dealing with key injuries. Just like LA last year, and people that counted them out were foolish to do so. Same goes for the blues this year.

I think it's fairly wide open in the West and will depend on match-ups come playoff time.

I'll use the Wild as my example of this (since I know my own team the best.)

Wild vs Blackhawks- slight edge to the 'Hawks, but will depend on goaltending

Wild vs Ducks- if this was even remotely close, I'd be surprised... big advantage Ducks

Wild vs Blues- see "vs Ducks"

Wild vs Nucks- could go either way... but the "homer" in me will take the Wild (just to annoy someone)

Wild vs Kings- see "vs Blackhawks"

Wild vs Sharks- Slight edge for the Wild (only if they get the "home ice")

Wild vs Wings- Wild

Wild vs Preds- Wild

In the case of the 'Nucks, they seem to have the same issue (overall) as the Wild... when they play a team that is very physical, they get into trouble. So a lot of what I listed could also apply to the Nucks.

(but that's an outsiders observation of the 'Nucks only catching a few of their games.. so I could be way off base.)

Our biggest advantage is getting healthy at the right time.

Kesler, Raymond and Weise should be healthy with 10 games remaining

Ballard should be healthy just before playoffs

Booth should be a nice reinforcement when injuries come in the playoffs.

I am also sort of curious as to how chicago does if they end up matched against Edmonton, could be a huge upset first round with the way Gagner plays against them.

Archived