The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Commodore Tweets About Lui's Presser Today

MJDDawg

It's not about a hockey market, I've lived in other major cities in Canada with NHL franchises and Vancouver has the least loyal fans I've ever seen. So quick to turn, especially when most don't understand the game.

Too much whining in Vancouver, complaining about Luongo, complaining out the HST, complaining about the Liberals, health care, the police force, union wages, taxes, ferries, bike lanes. Nothing is ever good enough in this town; no one supports anything unless its winning. Heck you go to a Canucks game and its quiet, there's no cheering all you see is applause; there's a big difference.

That's why people not from Vancouver hate the Canucks, they aren't real fans.

It's not about a hockey market, I've lived in other major cities in Canada with NHL franchises and Vancouver has the least loyal fans I've ever seen. So quick to turn, especially when most don't understand the game.

Too much whining in Vancouver, complaining about Luongo, complaining out the HST, complaining about the Liberals, health care, the police force, union wages, taxes, ferries, bike lanes. Nothing is ever good enough in this town; no one supports anything unless its winning. Heck you go to a Canucks game and its quiet, there's no cheering all you see is applause; there's a big difference.

That's why people not from Vancouver hate the Canucks, they aren't real fans.

I really don't understand why he's addressing and generalizing ALL Canucks fans as blaming Lu for the finals, and why was that even relevant at the very moment. And why is he blaming Canucks fans for Lui having a presser??? That's all on the media.... the fans didn't decide for Lu to hold a presser. He's spewing a lot of BS.

I agree with him in that I'd hope for Lui to light it up, but it sounds like he's only been hearing from the those very obnoxious and loud 'fans' on twitter..

So the fans are causing the players to play poorly? Sounds like a stupid argument to me. Ryan Kesler's issues have more to do with Niclas Kronwall and taking pucks in the foot. Unless you can somehow prove that fan angst caused Kes' foot to fracture...

If rowdy fans cause players to play poorly, how do you explain Columbus for the last decade? Using your logic, that team should have been a perennial contender...

I was just as surprised as anyone that they pulled Lu out of practice and had a presser....wouldn't say I was "beyond embarrassed" though. Not quite sure where he was going with that.

And we certainly didn't lose the cup cuz of Lu. But I can understand how people out of market would think that we all blamed it on Lu...considering the amount of vitriol hurled his way after the finals.

its public media he can say what he wants.  doesn't need a reason to comment.  he's sort of right.  i wanted to hear what lui had to say about it, although i wasn't expecting a presser for it.  it was just a set up for him to say something emotional for the media.  lu was candid but didn't make any overly emotionally charged statements, handled it well as usual.

I'm confused.

The fans should be embarrassed? Or the GM?

I don't see the fans calling out Lou for not being traded. I hear them calling out MG for him not being traded.

This isn't about wanting a man gone, this is about winning. It's a frickin' business decision.

Archived