The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Commodore Tweets About Lui's Presser Today

MJDDawg

THe 1st thing I thought when I starting watching Lou today was: why the F is Lou having a press conference about NOT being traded?

The 2nd thing I thought was: someone should be fired for putting Lou through A PRESS CONFERENCE FOR NOT BEING TRADED!!!

And my 3rd and final thought was: poor Lou, such a class act, I'm sure gonna miss him when he gets traded some day.

The way Luongo has been treated is indeed an embarrassment. The fact that he needed to have that press conference goes well beyond. It's a sad day for me as a fan to see one of our best goalies handled this way. What should have been done is to trade Schneider. We were committed to Luongo and now it's become a huge issue. Schneider should have been on the block and Luongo was our guy. The only reason WE didn't want Luongo was because of a contract WE signed him for. Stupid.

So far we have people making fun of his name, he hair, the current state of his hockey career (not compared to the hockey career of the posters), stay classy Canuck fans.

I have no opinion one way or the other, but I agree with some of what he said.

i seriously don't buy the saying how Canuck fans are running luo or any players out of town.

If we really can, AV would have been gone years ago, we would have had 5 different GMs, kesler would have been traded away and back, we would have traded every player on our team and our whole organization would have had a major overhaul.

Fans really shouldn't overrate the impact they think they have on the players, team, and organization.

It's good to support and criticize our team moderately, but at the end of the day, we really don't mean much other than ratings and income.

SUPPORT ALL PLAYERS WEARING CANUCKS JERSEY, NOT THE NAME ON THE BACK :):canucks:

He was pretty much putting the blame on the Fans for the press conference. Which is not their fault, as fans cannot call press conference. He also accused the fans for blaming Luong for the playoff failure. With the huge fanbase we have, that's almost bound to happen, which is a given. The amount of goals he allowed during the finals was pretty unacceptable. however the fans were upset and sad. What does he expect? After the 2011 season I had no problems with Luongo as the starter, were it all went wrong was round 1 vs l.a were it seemed like he couldn't keep the game tied up. The fans pay the salary btw mike.

non-rioteur@HollyVancouver 12h

@vancitydan @commie22 says the guy released by the Hamilton Bulldogs

vancitydan@vancitydan 12h

@HollyVancouver @commie22 Just think its misplaced animus. An entire room of local,national media on day's "big story"?Had to do a presser

Fil Maj@filmaj 12h

@commie22 how do you blame the fans for media's actions?

Scott Brown@BrownieScott 12h

@SatiarShah He doesn't have a good handle on situation here. I think he believes most fans want to run Luongo out of town for Boston series

He's already getting owned in some ways.

Archived