The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Flames Owners expect to make playoffs next year

I was watching Thats Hockey and saw Feaster talk about it in his conference, OWNERS EXPECT HIM TO MAKE PLAYOFFS!!!

The future of the Calgary Flames' direction seems very unclear.

According to TSN, Flames co-owner Murray Edwards has given Flames General ManagerJay Feaster an organizational directive. It appears Feaster's job is in jeopardy if the Flames do not make the playoffs next season.

According to Andrew Walker of Sportsnet 960 the FAN, Feaster stated on Wednesday "the mandate is to make the playoffs next year." According to Eric Francis of the Calgary Sun, Feaster stated "Murray Edwards told me to be in the playoffs next year--so there's my marching orders." Francis later tweeted "Feaster just reiterated his mandate is to make the playoffs next year so it wasn't a sad slip of the tongue."

So where the questions lie is in the overall direction of the Flames. It appears to be unrealistic to believe that the Flames will be able to successfully go through a rebuilding process in one year. Retooling may be the appropriate word in what the Flames are trying to accomplish. The pressure is on for Feaster to improve the Flames rapidly sooner rather than later. However is the long term goal in Calgary just to make the playoffs or go the Oilers' route and be a possible Stanley Cup contender in the coming years. After Feaster's comments today it appears to be the former

Anything is possible, I guess.

The new divisions are going to be tough for Calgary, and it won't be a piece of cake for Vancouver either.

Once those kids in Edmonton figure things out, it could be lean years ahead for both teams.

Guest Dasein

No Iginla, Kipper RETIRES...

That's the two pieces that kept the team in a fighting range of the 8th playoff spot that are gone, and he wants make the playoffs?! What in the world?!

The air in Cowgary must be different. They'll tell you no name prospects they've acquired from the Iginla/Jaybust trades are going to be impact players.

One guy said Agostino is better than Gaunce and Schroeder and that Berra might be a late bloomer diamond in the rough type goaltender. They think they have a good goalie tandem next year with Ramo and Berra.

The Berra kid is not even top 5 goaltender in the Swiss leauge. lmao

Archived