The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian Opening Faceoff Goal

The Magician

Probably why he just got brought up again. Hopefully AV puts him with the twins in these last 10 games so they can build some chemistry, then we see this for Game 1 of the playoffs:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Roy - Hansen

Weise - Lapierre - Sestito

Probably why he just got brought up again. Hopefully AV puts him with the twins in these last 10 games so they can build some chemistry, then we see this for Game 1 of the playoffs:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Higgins

Raymond - Roy - Hansen

Weise - Lapierre - Sestito

Not only the goal but if you watch further in the video, Kassian sets up a few nice plays that aren't converted. It shows he can play with confidence and needs that a bit to be more successful in the NHL, but considering he's so young and still developing I'm not too worried about his performance being below that level just yet.

Also of note, Ludwig Blomstrand scores the second goal in the video. He's apparently been pretty decent coming in and could develop into a nicer player than I originally thought. Still not a top 6 guy at the NHL level, but could be a good 3rd liner.

This in part might explain why Kassian was sent down when he was.

Tyson Giuriato @TysonGiuriato8m

New NHL rule this season: only players recalled from the AHL after the trade deadline are eligible to go back and play in the AHL playoffs.

Tyson Giuriato @TysonGiuriato7m

Teams are "sending" guys back and then recalling. Including Nicklas Jensen, who according to the AHL site was sent down and called up today.

Tyson Giuriato @TysonGiuriato6m

Full list of AHL transactions can be found here: http://theahl.com/stats/transactions.php?f_season_id=40&f_team_id=330

I just don't think Kassian will work out with the Sedins just because Sedins play a different style of game. They need someone like Burrows to play well. Burrows chemistry with the Sedins is just on another level yet people keep forcing a square pug in a round hole. It just doesn't work people.

Not only the goal but if you watch further in the video, Kassian sets up a few nice plays that aren't converted. It shows he can play with confidence and needs that a bit to be more successful in the NHL, but considering he's so young and still developing I'm not too worried about his performance being below that level just yet.

Also of note, Ludwig Blomstrand scores the second goal in the video. He's apparently been pretty decent coming in and could develop into a nicer player than I originally thought. Still not a top 6 guy at the NHL level, but could be a good 3rd liner.

I just don't think Kassian will work out with the Sedins just because Sedins play a different style of game. They need someone like Burrows to play well. Burrows chemistry with the Sedins is just on another level yet people keep forcing a square pug in a round hole. It just doesn't work people.

Archived