Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Zack Kassian Opening Faceoff Goal

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
87 replies to this topic

#61 africaboombutta

africaboombutta

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

I'm not sure why everyone says "Kassian should get out there and protect the Sedins"..he is not their "Protector" -

The sedins are big boys, and can handle themselves. Why they got pushed around in the finals, I'm not sure. These guys go to the dirty areas day in and day out, they get shoved and pushed around, and still manage to be PPG players. They do not need Kassian to fight for them -

Having a bigger team all around (Kassian/Weise/Lapierre etc.) makes other teams think twice about going after the Sedins. You hit daniel, we'll put out our bruisers and hit you. You don't need to be on the same line to do that - it's honestly the coaches call to do that - when the other team sends their skilled players, you send out your intimidators..they intimidate.

I personally think you play Higgins/Kesler/Kassian - why? Kassian doesn't need the puck, neither does Higgins. Higgins will dig that puck out, and Kassian is more than happy to pass - we all know Kesler shoots first - that works

#62 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,488 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

He definitely needs to spend some more time with the Sedins.

#63 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

Good stuff. I just hope he can stay healthy.

#64 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,827 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

He definitely needs to spend some more time with the Sedins.

But AV won't let him

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#65 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,530 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

I would like to see if we have a Brendon Shanahan on our hands.

Play him with the Sedins and Roy consistently and we'll see more of this...

#66 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,530 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

Its not about "defending" the Sedin's!

Its about a smash mouth hockey; a guy who can physically duel a Shea Weber or Zdeno Chara on the boards. Kass ain't going to beat them, but the goal is space for the Twins Burrows cannot offer.

Dealing with the Marchands of the world is merely a bonus!

The Sedins style is one of the reasons Kassian was borought in. They have been of very limited effectiveness in post-season play where liberties are not only allowed but encouraged by the NHL.

The Sedins are talented enough to adapt and if they can play without fear of being abused, they should be more effective.

Burrows is not the guy to be defending the Sedins. Waiting until the playoffs and then putting Zack in that position without having given him a chance to get comfortable with teh Sedins is a poor strategy an dboudn to fail.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 04 April 2013 - 03:40 AM.

#67 Googs

Googs

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Lets see Hodgson do this!
No youtube vids in sigs.

#68 FlyLow_

FlyLow_

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

so by playing with the Sedins he gains the magical power to stickhandle and drive to the net?

I don't think who he plays with makes a difference, as long as he's playing with other offensive-minded players. Whether its the Sedins, Kesler, or Roy, he should be able to. Its just that he doesn't know how to play consistently yet, which will hopefully come with time.

Kassian is a shoot first player, as is Kes. How does it make sense to put them together? We've seen them play together, it's horrible.

#69 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:33 PM

How about this one for the NHL ignorant fools?

#70 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

OR this one?

#71 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

OR this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNEgub5DRf0

#72 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Yeah this one really sucks

#73 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,395 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

Kassian is the beauty of all beauties. This guy is gonna be a legend.
2cz94w5.jpg<
The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books.
THE CANUCKS ARE THE SINGLE, GREATEST SPORTS FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. GO CANUCKS GO

#74 ShakyWalton

ShakyWalton

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

Kassian is the beauty of all beauties. This guy is gonna be a legend.

Lol,,I dont know if you are true or trolling?? but he can be a very good player, he has all the tools, you cant teach size and mental makeup and Kass needs a bit of a mental tuneup,,,so if the stars align with Jupiter, we have a budding power forward=aka=Bertuzzi in the making..he may be better,,he may be worse but in any case the kid needs to play and build his talent and ego...I want a big headed, big bodied, big tough guy Kass, but he needs a little help from his coach as well..this kid had a rough growing up..his Dad died early and he was raised by his Mom and brother,,he has the tools,,now all he needs is the tool kit.

I want nothing but good things for this kid,,

Edited by ShakyWalton, 04 April 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#75 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

Lol,,I dont know if you are true or trolling?? but he can be a very good player, he has all the tools, you cant teach size and mental makeup and Kass needs a bit of a mental tuneup,,,so if the stars align with Jupiter, we have a budding power forward=aka=Bertuzzi in the making..he may be better,,he may be worse but in any case the kid needs to play and build his talent and ego...I want a big headed, big bodied, big tough guy Kass, but he needs a little help from his coach as well..this kid had a rough growing up..his Dad died early and he was raised by his Mom and brother,,he has the tools,,now all he needs is the tool kit.

I'll second that. Those of you that are already down on him should give your heads a good pounding on a wall. He's got some good skills. Just needs time to put it all together. He is a rookie, ya know.

#76 apollo

apollo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,395 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:41 PM

Not trolling. Love this guy almost as much as I love luongo ... people are so hard on him. Those people will also be the first to praise him once he does well.
2cz94w5.jpg<
The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books.
THE CANUCKS ARE THE SINGLE, GREATEST SPORTS FRANCHISE OF ALL TIME. GO CANUCKS GO

#77 Johnny_Drama

Johnny_Drama

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

I concur. What a stupid gimmick. Can't believe anyone would ever do it and keep it up for months. Cheers.

TOML

Got that right,

Stay frosty
JD
"Victory!"

#78 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,502 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

How about having Roy on another line instead of putting all our centers on one line. We lack center depth and this doesn't make sense at all. Kesler is better off playing with Higgins and Kassian or Hansen. While we could have another line that features Raymond and Roy. We should have 3 scoring lines and one energy/shutdown line when everyone is healthy again.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kassian-Kesler-Hansen
Raymond-Roy-Higgins
Weise-Lappy-Sestito

Give the 1st line 18 minutes
2nd line 18 minutes
3rd line 16 minutes
4th line 8 minutes

This will spread out scoring, and it makes us a 4 line team. It gives a better balance and makes it harder for other teams to match up rather than just stacking up one to two lines.

This. And any of Kassian/Hansen/Higgins/Raymond can swap depending on who's going, chemistry etc. Though I do like how you put a guy with size (Kassian/Higgins) and a winger with speed (Hansen/Raymond) on each line. As you said, balanced.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#79 ShakyWalton

ShakyWalton

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,733 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Not trolling. Love this guy almost as much as I love luongo ... people are so hard on him. Those people will also be the first to praise him once he does well.

Its called CDC,,if you are doing well,, they love ya,,,bad...YOU ARE GONE!..There isnt ONE team in the league that wouldnt take Kass,,, NOT ONE!...so..play the kid AV..you jerk!

#80 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,319 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

OR this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNEgub5DRf0

That was a beauty

ateqx8r.jpg

#81 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,174 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

I don't know why but I have a good feeling about Gordon.
I thought he did a fine job up here

He's not a bad depth player, I agree. He's not a great one either, though, and we can probably improve on that. As depth however, I'm fine with it.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year.

#82 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

The guy had some flash and dash out there tonight. It was good to see he got rewarded with a goal. And that Bure move, trying to do foot-to-stick with the puck? The guy's got balls, for sure. How sweet that would have been if he managed to pull it off with Bure in the house.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#83 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,319 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

Got that right,

Stay frosty
JD

Got that right,

Stay Kassy
KASS

ateqx8r.jpg

#84 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

I'm less concerned with him scoring goals than I am with him banging bodies and being smart defensively. This team is lacking a true intimidating force Gillis targeted Clowe and Raffi but came up empty. We need him to be the elite 3rd line banger (if there is such a thing) We know he can be.

Honey

Edited by honey badger36, 05 April 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#85 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:24 PM

Needs to be better defensively and more accurate/consistent with hits. Not a fan of the trade, but a big fan of the player. Get R dun Kass!

#86 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

I'm not sure why everyone says "Kassian should get out there and protect the Sedins"..he is not their "Protector" -

The sedins are big boys, and can handle themselves. Why they got pushed around in the finals, I'm not sure. These guys go to the dirty areas day in and day out, they get shoved and pushed around, and still manage to be PPG players. They do not need Kassian to fight for them -

Having a bigger team all around (Kassian/Weise/Lapierre etc.) makes other teams think twice about going after the Sedins. You hit daniel, we'll put out our bruisers and hit you. You don't need to be on the same line to do that - it's honestly the coaches call to do that - when the other team sends their skilled players, you send out your intimidators..they intimidate.

I personally think you play Higgins/Kesler/Kassian - why? Kassian doesn't need the puck, neither does Higgins. Higgins will dig that puck out, and Kassian is more than happy to pass - we all know Kesler shoots first - that works

I remember a fame early in the season started getting out of hand and other then going after the twins.... And I remember the commentators said happy was breaking to the other team that if they jeep going after the twins they will start going after there stars.. Not sure who it wad maybe against Minnesota. Or the ducks..

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#87 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:14 AM

darren gaydar is not good

Are you stupid or something?
Posted Image

#88 KillerOrca

KillerOrca

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

Once he can find a way to stay consistant with his play (which he will) he is gonna become a pretty dangerous player for us
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.