The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hope the Leafs crash and Burn!

Super_Canuck

Look here ... if Van traded Luongo at the '11th hour' so to say for Scrivens and 2 x 2nd round, we would not have had time to make another deal before the deadline so we take Lui's salary off the cap ... so what? We can't add a forward or a D to help at 11:59:59 Eastern time. How does that help the team for this year's playoff?

If anything, blame Gillis for not lowering price earlier to get a deal done and have some time to use Luongo's cap space to get another piece.

Luongo says his contract is the "Anchor" preventing him from being traded, so with this in mind, I propose the following.

1) Canucks use one of their amnesty buy-outs to buy-out Luongo.'s contract after the season under the condition that Luongo re-signs with Vancouver at a salary that is marketable (let's say 3 years 4 mil per).

2) Canuck's agree to trade Luongo before training camp opens, obviously the canucks will get more for Luongo at a marketable salary.

-I like the loop holery in this proposal

-Canucks have the cash...Canucks get a decent return from Luongo. And Canucks unload the anchor without hurting the team.

Is this against the rules?

Flame away CDC nation......

The Leafs only chance is they finish 6th and they pray to god that Carolina or Winnepeg win the South East and not Washington.

Other than that I don't see the Laffs getting out of the 1st round.

However, I'm hoping that they make the playoffs for selfish reasons. It means there is a real possibility that we end up on TSN in the 1st round, so refreshing.

Luongo says his contract is the "Anchor" preventing him from being traded, so with this in mind, I propose the following.

1) Canucks use one of their amnesty buy-outs to buy-out Luongo.'s contract after the season under the condition that Luongo re-signs with Vancouver at a salary that is marketable (let's say 3 years 4 mil per).

2) Canuck's agree to trade Luongo before training camp opens, obviously the canucks will get more for Luongo at a marketable salary.

-I like the loop holery in this proposal

-Canucks have the cash...Canucks get a decent return from Luongo. And Canucks unload the anchor without hurting the team.

Is this against the rules?

Flame away CDC nation......

It's good the Leafs got in the playoffs...but going in with their current duo...I think that they're going to get creamed....Out in 5 max.Hopefully Lou has a great remainder to the year and ups his trade value...so Dave Nonis can always remember that he had his chance and blew it.

People ... we bowed out in 1 round last year and we had Schneider and Luongo.

If Leafs finish in 1 round with Reimer and Scrivens the Leafs fans would all jump for joy and have a parade. If by chance they get to play #3 seed and get into round 2, that would be their Stanley Cup ... like our 1st round 7 game thriller with Chicago in 2011.

The only reason the pathetic laffs are going to the playoffs is because of this shortened season. It doesn't give them enough time to crash and burn like they always do.

Hey Toronto, maybe one day the league will go back to icing only six teams, then you might have a shot at the cup again. :lol:

I can't wait to see the Leafs get annihilated in the first round, it'll be pretty amusing to see :D

I did not have a strong dislike towards their team before, but after this whole fiasco with Nonis trying to get Lu for next to nothing, I want their goal-tending to be buried beyond the depths in the first round. Nonis trying to hardball Gillis for Lu really pissed me off, and the fact that he thinks Reimer will bring them play-off success is hysterical.

No way can MG give Nonis what he wants and trade Lu in the off-season to Toronto. Pretty pathetic the way TO and the media (Dreger) treated this whole situation and made Toronto seem superior. Can't be that surprised though.

Burn Toronto, Burn.

Nucks go through SJ, LA, Hawks.... Cory pulls his groin in con final....Nucks line up with Leafs in finals.... Lui shuts out Leafs 4 games straight .....Nucks hoist cup in the ACC.... Leafs fans chant Luuuuuuuu.....

MG calls Nonis for trade.

Archived