Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Hope the Leafs crash and Burn!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
118 replies to this topic

#91 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,476 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

As opposed to the Flyers?

comeundone.gif

#92 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:04 AM

Hope for the Canucks success, not for another teams failure.

That's very "ZEN" of you.

Perhaps you should change your handle from De Niro to Obi Wan or Dahli Lama?

I"m glad we didn't do anything that helps the Leafs' chances of playoff success. Does that make me a bad person? :bigblush:

#93 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:11 AM

I always liked the Leafs. Don't why everyone feels they need to hate them but I hope they make the playoffs and do well. Their fans have been with them through all the bad times.

Don't be stupid.... f the leafs.... And don't come on here spouting that bs anymore either

#94 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Fu*k that! Nonis needs to burn in hell. I hope hazel mae seduces him so he gets fired a la burke.

What do you think Hazel and Brian are going to name the baby?

Tank One For Chychrun

#95 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:06 PM

Nonis was born in Burnaby and put in ten years as a Canuck.
I think you are a fruit loop.

I think you are incompetent.

Lets recap what Nonis did on trade deadline. Don't worry I'll keep it simple so your brain could process it.

Nonis wanted luo. But for low price.
Canucks offered luo for ben scrivens and 2 seconds.
Yet they still said no even though it wouldve been a steal.
This obviously depreciated lous value, depreciated means lowered.
Then nonis told his cousin dreger from tsn everything that went down. This embarrassed lou and the canucks.
All in all im glad the leafs didnt accept the deal.

Just because nonis was born in burnaby or worked for the organization before, doesnt make him off the hook for what he did.

You must be a relative of his ya? Tell him I said f u.
Posted Image

#96 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,848 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:27 PM

I'd rather buy Luongo out or ship him to any other team before letting Toronto have him. I'm hoping they just barely miss the playoffs.

They'll be in for a bit of a wake up call next season when it isn't a sprint to the playoffs.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#97 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,515 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:28 PM

That would be awesome to see them come in 9th

#98 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:29 PM

What do you think Hazel and Brian are going to name the baby?

Nuck nit. Perfect name.
Posted Image

#99 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:31 PM

if all 4 eastern canadian teams make it (which is possible) this is the order in which ones i would be cheering for after we get eliminated

Montreal > Ottawa > Winnipeg > Toronto

but if course if Toronto is playing Boston i'm cheering for Toronto all day in that series

#100 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,590 posts

I'd rather buy Luongo out or ship him to any other team before letting Toronto have him. I'm hoping they just barely miss the playoffs.

They'll be in for a bit of a wake up call next season when it isn't a sprint to the playoffs.

Trade him to Florida for less, it's better than giving him to Toronto.

#101 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

That would be awesome to see them come in 9th

i think they're pretty much a lock to make the playoffs at this point lol, it would really take something special by them to not make it

Edited by Primus099, 05 April 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#102 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

I think you are incompetent.

Lets recap what Nonis did on trade deadline. Don't worry I'll keep it simple so your brain could process it.

Nonis wanted luo. But for low price.
Canucks offered luo for ben scrivens and 2 seconds.
Yet they still said no even though it wouldve been a steal.
This obviously depreciated lous value, depreciated means lowered.
Then nonis told his cousin dreger from tsn everything that went down. This embarrassed lou and the canucks.
All in all im glad the leafs didnt accept the deal.

Just because nonis was born in burnaby or worked for the organization before, doesnt make him off the hook for what he did.

You must be a relative of his ya? Tell him I said f u.

That Nonis or his management seem to have spilled the negotiating details to Dreger (low-life Leafer) speaks volumes about the organization and is more of an attemopt to make them look justified in taking a hard lilne than anything else.

I hope Lu goes anywhere else. I'd rather see him have success with the Oilers and have to face him in our division than bring success to the Leafs.

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 05 April 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#103 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,848 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Trade him to Florida for less, it's better than giving him to Toronto.

I'm all for that. It would be sweeter to take less given the fact Florida and Toronto will be in the same division.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#104 Truckin

Truckin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

The relationships TSN has with TML organization came across as stock manipulation if you look at the players as commodities,which is what they are. Nonis releasing every negotiation should scream to the NHL to tighten up or at least get other GMs weary of dealing with this weasel. Gave him the benefit of the doubt when Burke got canned,but it looks like he has shown his true colors.

Gillis came across really bad as well,Lou shouldnt have had to stand in front of the media explaining something that should be obvious to most of us. Gillis needs to stop hiding behind his players and take the blame straight on and look out for his players better.

#105 Truckin

Truckin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Any trade for Lou should be done with all 28 other teams. Nonis dug his hole and should be forced into it.

#106 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:12 PM

All you need to know about Nonis is exposed by his claim following the TD that his 2 goalies have earned the right to play after publicly saying they had a deal in place for Kipper and that they were actively in negotiations to acquire Lu. Talk about two-faced!!

Now his goalies have to go out there knowing he was looking for a better option an dtry to take their team deep. Great confidence builder!!

As for Lu's presser, I wouldn't be surprised if Lu himself wanted to do that. It's part of the new image he is portraying and was a difficult but classy thing to do. I am in the Cory camp as far as who I think is better now and as the future goalie for the Nucks but Lu has handled this amazingly well and I genuinely feel sorry for him having been relegated to backup and not being given the chance to be a starter somewhere else.

I know he's making millions but he is still human and a competitor who wants to play and contirbute. I wish only the best for him.

#107 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Lupul is injured, and they have a TOUGH schedule to end the year
lets hope Scrivens and Reimer lets him some bad goals to end the year and a choke job right before playoffs

#108 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

Got to tell you I giggled my ass off when Philly wrung up a 5-spot on the Leafs yesterday. I don't have anything against the Leafs but I'm tired of Burke's little disciple and Burke for that matter.

People buy into the "homegrown" kid fulfills his childhood dream and becomes GM of the Canucks crap like it is another water boy story like Bobby Ackles. I dealt with Dave on a business level while he was with the Canucks in another capacity. Good guy, smart as well (at least then) but i found him nearly incompetent to deal with in terms of follow through. I was worried when he became the Canucks manager and it played out like I thought it would.

If things went down like the media is reporting then I think it was a vengeful, childish act of sabotage;. his chance to bully the man that took his dream job. I guess he has learned a lot from his bullying boss: Burke's little protege.

I actually like watching this Leafs team but their arrogant management and fans could use a dose of "we didn't make the playoffs again?" (And yes we have as many arrogant fans as they do)

258o0g4.jpg

#109 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 25,032 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:34 PM

It would be awesome if the Leafs choked their way out of a playoff spot. Only 5 points ahead of the 9th place team. Hope they get a nice losing streak going

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#110 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,437 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

There going to cut off Dave Nonis`s head after their goaltending fails in the first round of the playoffs.
Posted Image

#111 Yellow Canuck

Yellow Canuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

I hope the Leafs crash and burn so Hughson will call our games instead of theirs in the playoffs

#112 Early90sLeafs

Early90sLeafs

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

Any trade for Lou should be done with all 28 other teams. Nonis Gillis dug his hole and should be forced into it.

There, I fixed that for you.

No one wants Luongo's contract. I'm a frequent contributor on the Leafs forum, and can tell you that not many fans wanted to take on Luongo's contract. We would mostly be happy to have him on our team (who doesn't love Luongo?), but we don't want to risk ending up with a 10-year cap hit or something ridiculous because of this deal. To be honest, I know very few Leaf fans who wanted to take on that contract, and the ones that did tend to be short-sighted and only thinking about this year's playoffs.

Most reasonable Leafs fans realize we are still in a rebuild and don't want to make moves that hurt our future, just because we are getting overly excited at sniffing the playoffs for the first time in almost a decade.

You shouldn't be too upset about things though. Sure, the risk is getting increasingly higher that the Canucks might end up paying for this contract (which is what should happen anyway), but at least you will be the most solid team in net in the playoffs. And, to be honest, I really want to see Luongo win a cup for the Canucks. It seems like he's given so much to this team, that it would be amazing to see that happen (it's just too bad that doesn't seem particularly likely at the moment).

Anyway, I'm wishing the Canucks luck in the post-season (unless we somehow meet in the finals? Haha, yah, right), and I hope that Luongo has an important role to play still.

Now, please feel free to continue to hate on the Leafs, and to continue throwing blanket statements around about how stupid Leafs fans are, etc...

#113 Gustavo Fring

Gustavo Fring

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

No one wants Luongo's contract. I'm a frequent contributor on the Leafs forum, and can tell you that not many fans wanted to take on Luongo's contract. We would mostly be happy to have him on our team (who doesn't love Luongo?), but we don't want to risk ending up with a 10-year cap hit or something ridiculous because of this deal. To be honest, I know very few Leaf fans who wanted to take on that contract, and the ones that did tend to be short-sighted and only thinking about this year's playoffs.

Most reasonable Leafs fans realize we are still in a rebuild and don't want to make moves that hurt our future, just because we are getting overly excited at sniffing the playoffs for the first time in almost a decade.

You shouldn't be too upset about things though. Sure, the risk is getting increasingly higher that the Canucks might end up paying for this contract (which is what should happen anyway), but at least you will be the most solid team in net in the playoffs. And, to be honest, I really want to see Luongo win a cup for the Canucks. It seems like he's given so much to this team, that it would be amazing to see that happen (it's just too bad that doesn't seem particularly likely at the moment).

Anyway, I'm wishing the Canucks luck in the post-season (unless we somehow meet in the finals? Haha, yah, right), and I hope that Luongo has an important role to play still.

Now, please feel free to continue to hate on the Leafs, and to continue throwing blanket statements around about how stupid Leafs fans are, etc...

Its not you leaf fans. Its your GM.
Posted Image

#114 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Lizardshifting Shape

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,172 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

i'm rooting for the leafs

Posted Image

291euxi.jpg

Praise Smooze, eat pizza!

#115 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

A very reasonable post.

There is history wiht Nonis so there will always be issues.

Having said that, I believe most of the hate-on for the leafs is really directed at the bias we experience from the Eastern controlled media. The hatchet job they did on the Nucks during the playoff SCF run was unbelievable and would have made Carl Rove proud.

While they have softened somewhat and Ron MacLean even apologized for some of his comments (sort of), they continue to use their media domination to push the Leaf's agenda. Darren Dreger is a shill for Nonis and it is tiresome to have to watch his drivel constantly.

The Leafs fans have suffered long and hard and most, I am sure, are no different than Nuck fans in their passion to see their own team do well. I hate to say it, but if the Leafs miraculously made it to the finals and faced an American team, I would likely find myself pulling for them despiteeaverything. I would dearly love to see the cup return to Canada, though preferably in the west (far west) :bigblush: .

#116 Early90sLeafs

Early90sLeafs

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

A very reasonable post.

There is history wiht Nonis so there will always be issues.

Having said that, I believe most of the hate-on for the leafs is really directed at the bias we experience from the Eastern controlled media. The hatchet job they did on the Nucks during the playoff SCF run was unbelievable and would have made Carl Rove proud.

While they have softened somewhat and Ron MacLean even apologized for some of his comments (sort of), they continue to use their media domination to push the Leaf's agenda. Darren Dreger is a shill for Nonis and it is tiresome to have to watch his drivel constantly.

The Leafs fans have suffered long and hard and most, I am sure, are no different than Nuck fans in their passion to see their own team do well. I hate to say it, but if the Leafs miraculously made it to the finals and faced an American team, I would likely find myself pulling for them despiteeaverything. I would dearly love to see the cup return to Canada, though preferably in the west (far west) :bigblush: .

I'm sure there are a lot of issues between the two teams as a result of the Burke/Nonis connections, ones that we are not even aware of as well. So I have some trouble speaking to this issue, for fear of it being from a place of ignorance.

However, the media bias is very apparent and must be frustrating. I imagine I would hold quite a bit of resentment over it as well, some of which might get misdirected toward the Leafs, when it should probably be mainly placed upon the media itself.

Still, it's not all sunshine and roses from the Leafs' perspective either, in regards to the media coverage. Any time we have any measure of success, I find myself worried that the media will either become a huge distraction, or it will outright crush one of our younger or more fragile players.

Any time a decent rookie comes up through the Leaf system, it's a miracle if he succeeds without being crunched under the media's collective heel every time he makes a mistake. Kadri succeeding as he has in that environment seems like a fortunate and desperately needed exception.

Anyway, this is off topic. Basically, the hopes of this thread already had a high probability of happening, so just sit back and enjoy the ride. And hey, if the Leafs manage to sneak through with some success, maybe, just maybe, some of you might find yourselves enjoying it just a little bit... ;)

#117 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,955 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Nonis was born in Burnaby and put in ten years as a Canuck.
I think you are a fruit loop.

fruit loop is false advertising. Its froot loop.

#118 Traumatic

Traumatic

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:14 PM

---

Edited by Traumatic, 05 April 2013 - 10:47 PM.

#119 Hunter.S-Kerouac

Hunter.S-Kerouac

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

Well this is quite sporting. I bet you were one of those kids who didn't shake hands in Pee Wee too. If anything we owe Nonis for not taking the deal. Luo will be worth much more than that to the team should The C wall faulter.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.