The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Which player that was traded today could we have had?**

carlweezer

just for all the bitching and whinning, a simple question, which player that was traded today could we have had???

only 2 rules.

1. salary cap and other teams needs must be noted.

2. we must beat the actual deal that was accepted. for instance, if you guys want Pomminville you must be willing to trade Lack, Gaunce a 1st and a 2nd plus something else to beat that Wild offer.

Also note, Luongo is not a fit in Tampa as they obviously want a stop gap goalie until Vasilevskiy is ready. so dont try the Lu for Conachar idea.

Torres for a 2nd? PASSS!!! when we got Roy for almost that.

Plus who do you see Torres knocking off our top 9 lineup? dont forget Booth will also be possibly back by 1st rnd.

If we are basing things off of this year alone, Torres > Booth but I agree that the price was too high for him. Pominville would've been our best choice for a 2nd line addition but he was also too expensive. Sadly our divisional rival traded for him and now they look deadlier than ever before. Parise has a proper set up man now....

I'm still torn on the Clowe deal. I think the price was a bit steep, but at the same time Clowe is a rare kind fo player and one Kassian could learn a few things from. His 0 goals this year are a turn off but his past speaks volumes louder in terms of his capabilities. Put his big body in front of the net on the PP and I bet our special teams would suddenly blossom.

If we are basing things off of this year alone, Torres > Booth but I agree that the price was too high for him. Pominville would've been our best choice for a 2nd line addition but he was also too expensive. Sadly our divisional rival traded for him and now they look deadlier than ever before. Parise has a proper set up man now....

I'm still torn on the Clowe deal. I think the price was a bit steep, but at the same time Clowe is a rare kind fo player and one Kassian could learn a few things from. His 0 goals this year are a turn off but his past speaks volumes louder in terms of his capabilities. Put his big body in front of the net on the PP and I bet our special teams would suddenly blossom.

Archived