The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playoff Honesty Poll (Homer Glasses Off)

vancouverdepression

Canucks Playoff Chances 2013  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If and this is a big IF... If the boys are healthy and they play with heart, If the Sedins actually show up in the Playoffs and both Lu or/and Schneids do NOT have any meltdowns. I think it might be possible to go on a miracle run. The only reason I think this is because of the way Luongo was in his interview, he said they want the cup and I believe him. Is it very likely this will happen probably not but anything is possible, anything.

they may look better on paper, but in '11 everyone overachived, this year everyone is underachiving and looking like poo. I think the canucks could pass round one if they get their stuff together, but I kinda doubt it.

I'll give them 2 rounds max. Unless we actually see this team play the way they did leading up to our stanley cup final run, this year will be short lived. That being said though, I will reserve final judgment until the end of the regular season. You never know with Kes coming back and the new addition of roy. Things could turn around fast... crazier things have happened

It all depends on how they play.

If they keep playing at the same pace as now. First round exit or at best 2nd.

If they can get some momentum and condfidence and Kesler ad Roy play well... Who knows? Conference or cup final would be plausible.

I like where the Canucks are.  Homer glasses off, it takes getting hot at the right time, the PP starting to click, stay healthy, getting bounces, better calls for than against when it comes to reffing, and having great goaltending.

I think virtually any team that gets in from the west, has a chance to win the conference.  Canucks included.

If the Canucks stay healthy down the middle (Kesler included) and on the back end with some good goaltending, no team will have an easy time with the Nucks.  It will come down to the breaks I listed off.

Hell New Jersey and LA went to the finals last year.  Both got hot at the right time, and LA didn't lose a man game on the back end.  Stuff happens.

Getting Roy was very big for the Nucks, and I think underappreciated by Nuck Nation.  They added a guy who has been a #1 centre his whole career.  He plays in ALL situations.  If Kes stays healthy, having Sedin and Roy down the middle is the deepest of any team.  Three lines that can TOTALLY be rolled through with a dash of grind house coming from the 4th.  I like it.

Predicting is a fools game as no one knows how the reffing and injuries will go.

Would want the canucks win the cup but D corps is not good enough to go all the way. It will get break down by elite teams in the playoffs.

Canucks might get to 2nd round and Gillis will try to sell it to sheep fans that its a success. Meanwhile Sedins, Burrows, Bieksa get older and other teams' young players get better and some hit their prime next season. Window has closed for this core.

ok so here is the only way the canucks can win the cup ....

goaltending - yeah its possible but can scheinder stand on his head for 16 games?

. Scoring - okay heres the deal if the sedins window is now well lets see them start to score some big points........

-kesler has to be the guy maybe this is a coin flip on what kesler we getting the diver or the game changer?

powerplay - well they have to go back to the top lol so far they can't even generate much

4th line - has to be out there actually making an impact hitting

please stop the diving - burrows lappy and kesler need to be key players well can they?

defense - has to be rock solid this again is asking for too much from a team. Our defense has proven time and time again that they break down against teams who are big ...

Rite now canucks are not a contender but hey last year the la kings were not really considered contenders either so you never know..

I dont know i just dont see them this year going all the way because its asking a-lot from the players .... bash me all you want im being realistic........

what do you think the canucks need to do to be successful in the playoffs?

Archived