The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playoff Honesty Poll (Homer Glasses Off)

vancouverdepression

Canucks Playoff Chances 2013  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The negativity by the fans that don't realize the team we have. Grab your pitch forks Y'all, Down with MG. Haha

I don't see anything less than third round pending if we have our healthy line-up prepared come playoffs.

Looks like a solid team on paper no doubt.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Higgins

Raymond Roy Hansen

Sestito Lapierre Kassian

Bieksa Edler

Hamhuis Garrison

Tanev Ballard

Schneider

Luongo

-----

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Roy

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Sestito Lapierre Kassian

*Booth injured

The negativity by the fans that don't realize the team we have. Grab your pitch forks Y'all, Down with MG. Haha

I don't see anything less than third round pending if we have our healthy line-up prepared come playoffs.

Looks like a solid team on paper no doubt.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Higgins

Raymond Roy Hansen

Sestito Lapierre Kassian

Bieksa Edler

Hamhuis Garrison

Tanev Ballard

Schneider

Luongo

-----

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Roy

Raymond Schroeder Hansen

Sestito Lapierre Kassian

*Booth injured

You can't just say they'll be out in the first round based on the past month or so... we've been operating with one scoring centre (Henrik) for almost the entire season. And soon, we're going to have three. With Kesler and Roy in the lineup, we'll have 3 dangerous lines and the ability to FINALLY develop some chemistry. Kinda hard to do that when nobody knows how to play the middle and the lines are always being juggled. Not to mention that the opponents will no longer be able to focus only on the Twins to shut us down.

If we can get the PP going and stay healthy, I think we're going to have a deep run and I mean that honestly. If the team stayed as is, we'd be out first round but that added centre depth is so huge.

We've all seen this team play excellent hockey, so it isn't out of the question that they go deep, but if the team plays like they did the last 8 games (only had 6 wins because of Schneids), 1st round exit is probable with anything else being close to a miracle.

Then again a miracle run would be just as good wouldn't it?

The next 12 games will say a lot as to how this team can perform come playoff time in terms of getting Kesler back and acquiring another legit centre.

who cares...lets just get behind our team....is that too much to ask?

I picked my highest expectation of them. Win two rounds. I think that they can make it to the Conference Finals, but I'm not sure if we can make it further. That said, on the low side, I can see us being eliminated in the first round as well.

On paper, yes this team could win the Cup. Yes, it depends on injury and officiating, and coaching and...

One other thing that can impact on a team's success is the self motivation amongst the members of the team, the "win one for the Gipper" mentality. The Luongo situation *could* be used by the team (not the coaches or management, but the players) as inspiration to play above their heads.

regards,

G.

On paper, yes this team could win the Cup. Yes, it depends on injury and officiating, and coaching and...

One other thing that can impact on a team's success is the self motivation amongst the members of the team, the "win one for the Gipper" mentality. The Luongo situation *could* be used by the team (not the coaches or management, but the players) as inspiration to play above their heads.

regards,

G.

I see some things start falling together. Roy is going to be a positive for this team and was a great pickup(as long as he signs)

Sedin sedin burrows

Higgins Kesler Raymond

Hansen Roy kassian

Sestito lappy weise

Elder hamhuis

Bieksa garrison

Barker Tanev

Ballard

Schnieder/Lou

That's a solid line up, I can see it clicking and getting some flow going out there for a change.

I'd also like to see

Sedin sedin kassian

Burrows Kesler Jensen

Raymond Roy Hansen

Higgins lappy weise

Elder Tanev

Bieksa hamhuis

Ballard garrison

Barker

Archived