The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks lines going in to the playoffs.

Italia2006

It all depends on how AV would like to set it up. Does he want a pure checking line or does he want to just role the best lines? These are the 2 different line ups I would go with into the playoffs. I'm not putting Jensen in just yet unless he surprises all of us and gets on fire.

first line up with a checking line,

1st Sedins and Kassian ( to protect them and hopefully they can have chemistry)

2nd Raymond, Roy, Hansen or Higgins.

3rd Burrows, Kesler, Higgins or Hansen

4th Sestito, Lappiere, Weise

2nd line up

1st Sedins and Burrows

2nd Kassian, Roy and Kesler

3rd Raymond, Schroeder, Hansen

4th Weise, Lappiere, Higgins

The first line up would give us some size, grit and a pretty amazing looking checking line.

The 2n lineup would bring a safe line up with pretty good all round depth. Higgins on the 4th line is a stretch but it would be a pretty fast lineup.

What makes the most sense:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (big body to give space to Twins and "protect")

Raymond - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Roy - Hansen (according to Gilman)

Sestito - Lapierre - Weise

Assuming Booth doesn't come back.

What makes the most sense:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (big body to give space to Twins and "protect")

Raymond - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Roy - Hansen (according to Gilman)

Assuming Booth doesn't come back.

That looks pretty good.

We HAVE to have someone with the Sedin's that can protect them; If the Sedin's get rag-dolled Marchand like again I will throw my TV out the window, into my pickup truck, drive to the arena, and throw it on AV's windshield.

An alternative view looking at our young guys on ELCs to maximize our forward roster.

Daniel - Henrik - Kassian

Kesler - Roy - Jensen

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Burrows

Line 1: primary scoring focusing on the cycle; Kassian serves as the watchdog

Line 2: secondary scoring with speed, skill, size on the wings, and two-way ability

Line 3: tertiary scoring focusing on speed

Line 4: shutdown line

Conclusion: Three scoring lines and 1 shutdown line, and the 2nd line can also be used in a lesser defensive role. Most importantly, every player is a quality player -- there aren't any 4th line plugs/fillers (Sestito, Weise, Gordon, Pinizzotto Ebbett) -- and each player is used in a role that is #1 suited for their skill set and #2 complements the other players on the line and on the team as a whole.

Sedins - Burrows

Raymond - Kesler - Hansen

Higgins - Roy - Kassian

Weise - Lappiere - Pinizzotto

Burrows with the Sedins because it's the tried and true, however if they go cold Kass and Bur could easily switch spots. The second line is my favourite, so much speed, lots of skill and finish and they're also all great defensively and on the fore-check, this line should be able to go up against the other teams top line and score goals. The third line should be one of the better offensive third lines in the league especially if Kass starts producing, gives us a great three line punch. Honestly wish we had more options for the 4th line but it is what it is and hopefully it works.

I'm pretty comfortable with that going into the playoffs but there are still question marks, if things go well it might end up being a good run.

An alternative view looking at our young guys on ELCs to maximize our forward roster.

Daniel - Henrik - Kassian

Kesler - Roy - Jensen

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Burrows

Line 1: primary scoring focusing on the cycle; Kassian serves as the watchdog

Line 2: secondary scoring with speed, skill, size on the wings, and two-way ability

Line 3: tertiary scoring focusing on speed

Line 4: shutdown line

Conclusion: Three scoring lines and 1 shutdown line, and the 2nd line can also be used in a lesser defensive role. Most importantly, every player is a quality player -- there aren't any 4th line plugs/fillers (Sestito, Weise, Gordon, Pinizzotto Ebbett) -- and each player is used in a role that is #1 suited for their skill set and #2 complements the other players on the line and on the team as a whole.

I still believe Booth will be back, maybe for the start of the 2nd round if we make it. With Kassian being brought up again, I want to see AV try and groom him into a top-6 role, because we need his (and Jensen's) size on our team. Physicality wins cups by breaking opponents down, and this is our most physical realistic lineup for Game 1:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Raymond - Kesler - Higgins

Jensen - Roy - Hansen

Edler - Bieksa

Hamhuis - Garrison

Tanev - Alberts

Barker

Ballard

Vandermeer

That way, every line and D-pairing has a big, physical guy along with skilled guys. This recipe is how Boston and Los Angeles won their Cups.

Archived