79 replies to this topic

#1 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

I always find the 1-2 days after the deadline almost as intriguing or annoying as the time period of the deadline because thats when we find out what deals didnt occur

So my goal is to make this the thread where we can post stuff/ probably get more mad on how the Canucks F'ed up. Here are a couple of tidbits I found..

This ones per the twitter of Taj who is a popular Canucks twitter fan/ pretty close with the guys at The Province. The following is also in Jason Botchfords latest article obviously

From Botch's article: "Every time they called, the Leafs changed what they were willing to give up for him. One time it was nothing but..1/2

a prospect. On the next call, it was only a player. Then it was just draft picks." 2/2

Pretty clear Nonis spent the last hour before the deadline giving the Canucks the middle finger.

Botchford also reported that the Canucks offer for Torres was a fourth and they made a run at Clarkson.

The following hasnt been widely reported yet but I know this for fact as I know a guy at the Sun and that is the Canucks were in on Goc and Fedetenko. Unfortunately, neither got dealt.

In terms of the rest of the league the most interesting one was Kipper. Calgary and Toronto had a deal that was done. However, Kipper did not want to go to Toronto. Sportsnet reported that on there main page.

There is more stuff out there and I hope to add more tonight/tomorrow as I am working on an essay but feel free to post stuff you found on net in terms of deals that almost went down but didnt.

OTTAWA SUN: Bruce Garrioch reports the Capitals received offers for Mike Ribeiro but continue to talk contract with him and could get a four-year extension worked out…Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Keith Yandle’s name was “floated to the Flyers” early on deadline day but he didn’t move. Blueliner Derek Morris submitted his list of 8 teams to which he’d accept a trade but didn’t move…Before the Blue Jackets landed Marian Gaborik, they pursued Tomas Fleischmann but the Panthers weren’t interested…The Sabres tried to move Drew Stafford, with the Devils, Canucks, Jets and Blue Jackets apparently having some interest…The Jets tried to move young forward Alexander Burmistov. The Sabres had some interest…The Flyers were interested in Ben Bishop but the Senators may have asked for Sean Couturier. Bishop was dealt to Tampa Bay for Cory Conacher and a pick…The Canucks tried and failed to land Raffi Torres…

Edited by canuckbeliever, 04 April 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#2 Crom!

Crom!

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,276 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

In the back of my mind David Clarkson was a guy that I was hoping for.

#3 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

I don't even care man, I still believe in this team and once this team is healthy we look good, don't forget this was almost the same team that was a win away from the cup and also lost to LA with out 1 of our top players for the most part.

nux4lyfe!

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#4 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

I don't like how Dreger told everyone that Gillis called a bunch of times practically begging for Nonis to take Luongo.. Even if that actually happened, he shouldn't have said it like that..

"Canucks called at 2pm...made a trade offer, Tor declined. Van called at 2:30 with 2nd offer, Tor declined...3rd offer at 2:45pm...decline."

Edited by Wheels22, 03 April 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#5 Blueberries

Blueberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

THANKS TO VINTAGE CANUCK FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!

#6 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,931 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:36 PM

^^ Dreger is the TOML mouth piece..

He tried making it sounds like the Canucks were desperate, so the other GMs can see this and lowball offer us.

#7 Canucks fan in chicago

Canucks fan in chicago

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

Whatever. It is what it is. Luongo's here until summer and now we have great goaltending depth for the rest of the year.

#8 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,334 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:44 PM

Clarkson would've cost too much IMO

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#9 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Canucks final offer was Lu for Scrivens and 2 second round picks... Would that have been enough for you guys?

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#10 Gross-Misconduct

Gross-Misconduct

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,020 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:00 PM

Why didn't we get Ott?!

WHY? WHY? WHY?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 DeltaSwede

DeltaSwede

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Canucks final offer was Lu for Scrivens and 2 second round picks... Would that have been enough for you guys?

I think that would have been enough. Honestly, I think we have all gotten to the point where what we get back isn't as important anymore. Of course everyone would love a great return but I think shipping out a bad contract (not a bad player, just not "needed" anymore) outweighs any return we could get.

MMjJiLv.gif

Shinckarukak

#12 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

I think the issue now is the offer will diminish even more. Its the law of diminishing returns. Also whose to say teams will show interest in summer. It is concievable that the Aqualini family may have to do a $28,000,000 buy out

#13 Gerbera

Gerbera

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

I don't like how Dreger told everyone that Gillis called a bunch of times practically begging for Nonis to take Luongo.. Even if that actually happened, he shouldn't have said it like that..

"Canucks called at 2pm...made a trade offer, Tor declined. Van called at 2:30 with 2nd offer, Tor declined...3rd offer at 2:45pm...decline."

I agree.. that quote just tanks Lu value right there... true or not.. I don't know should that be published.

#14 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:05 PM

^^ Dreger is the TOML mouth piece..

He tried making it sounds like the Canucks were desperate, so the other GMs can see this and lowball offer us.

Why would he intend to do that? That's silly.
He's just reporting what happened because people wanted to know how close Luongo was to being dealt, that' all.
Posted Image

#15 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,171 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

The Luongo to TO saga: Will it ever end?

Frankly, i highly doubt he ever wanted to go there. But the endless coverage on this story was too much for tsn to pass up.
Posted Image

#16 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,213 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

I agree.. that quote just tanks Lu value right there... true or not.. I don't know should that be published.

Nonis' cousin - they're family. He's not 3rd party media, he's literally a Leafs "insider".

Edited by oldnews, 03 April 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#17 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,221 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

Gillis should have given away our 3rd for Torres. Either that or a prospect for Clarkson.
Posted Image

#18 theo5789

theo5789

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

If Nonis wants to play dirty to try to get Luongo, well I hope we trade Luongo to a division rival of theirs. Hopefully Florida shows their interest again in the summer.
VanWhitecapsFC YouTube Page

Also mycanucksdotca on YouTube

#19 CanuckleHorse

CanuckleHorse

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Is it possible that the Canucks buy out half his contract making it more cap complaint and easier to trade and easier for Florida to afford if not how about renegotiate the term?

#20 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,976 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

Nonis' cousin - they're family. He's not 3rd party media, he's literally a Leafs "insider".

Or he's doing what he's paid to do.

No can't be, everyone is out to get the Canucks.

Posted Image

Vintage Canuck's #1 Supporter

#21 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,334 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

Is it possible that the Canucks buy out half his contract making it more cap complaint and easier to trade and easier for Florida to afford if not how about renegotiate the term?

That might be possible. Although Im not too familiar with how the new buy out system works

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#22 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:37 PM

I don't understand why PHI traded for Mason. Assuming the plan is to buy out Bryz in the Summer they expect Mason to be the answer?

#23 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

I hope all the Leafs that had great seasons this season all regress and they turn into the joke of a franchise they really are. If that is really true. Dreger is a moron never liked the guy.

SYvE9NH.gif

#24 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:08 AM

POPULAR

The Luongo to TO saga: Will it ever end?

Frankly, i highly doubt he ever wanted to go there. But the endless coverage on this story was too much for tsn to pass up.

Dave Nonis in good faith shouldn't have told the media what Gillis was offering. It just shot down his trade value and to an extent embarrases Mike Gillis. I can tell you right now, on this day foward, MIke Gillis will not talk trade with Nonis again.

Dreger is loser.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#25 Pistachios

Pistachios

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

Dave Nonis in good faith shouldn't have told the media what Gillis was offering. It just shot down his trade value and to an extent embarrases Mike Gillis. I can tell you right now, on this day foward, MIke Gillis will not talk trade with Nonis again.

absolutely. It seems very unprofessional to dole out the particulars like that so soon after the fact. I don't dislike TO but now I really dislike Nonis and management. if TO management thinks they are such hot crap, well I hope their goaltenders get lit up BIG TIME

G4fSut.gif

#26 Down Under

Down Under

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

Huh how is that saying he was begging. clearly MG was trying real hard to get the deal done. likelyy to free up cap space for the other guys he tried to get. there was no deals unless he unloaded a big contract. you guys are over the cap now.

#27 Kanucklehead10

Kanucklehead10

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

Dreger is a tool. He's biased on a toronto perspective. I wouldnt have expected anything less from the TSN fellas.

#28 Down Under

Down Under

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

NO it,s not possible. it,s all or nothing. and the team who buys out there player can not sign him after the buyout.

#29 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:56 AM

NO it,s not possible. it,s all or nothing. and the team who buys out there player can not sign him after the buyout.

Read the new rules you troll. Teams can take back salary in a trade

Why are you here? Seriously

You are annoying
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#30 Down Under

Down Under

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:02 AM

absolutely. It seems very unprofessional to dole out the particulars like that so soon after the fact. I don't dislike TO but now I really dislike Nonis and management. if TO management thinks they are such hot crap, well I hope their goaltenders get lit up BIG TIME

Outch as a leaf fan i,m hurt. lol i expect us to get our back end handed to us this playoff. this is about getting the kids a taste of what real hockey is about. most of our guys have 000 playoff games in the NHL.

I guess i could hope the same for you guys but i wont. good luck in the playoffs. might come back for a visit draft day if anything happens there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.