The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

oilers are they contenders

inkorea

Why can't people realize Dubnyk is a terrible goaltender?

He's not even a goalie, he has no style at all. The only reason he has a career is because he's so big he just has to stand there and the puck hits him.

He's so damn terrible, it's ridiculous. Perfect example of a guy that doesn't need skill to succeed.

I still think they are a bubble team (going to place 7-10th in the west). Living in Edmonton everyone is expecting them to make the playoffs this year.

If I am the coach or manager of the oilers, I wouldn't stress making the playoffs. Instead let the kids have fun and learn from their mistakes and if they make the playoffs then great.

They'll make the playoffs this year, I'm sure as the eighth seed, and I'm hoping they'll upset the Hawks and Ducks, then face off against Nucks for the Conference Finals.

With these two trades, they would be Cup contenders:

Phoenix: Gagner for Ekmann-Larsson

Phoenix already has Keith Yandle on their blueline plus more quality blueliners in their system, like Brandon Gormley. They lack a top line centre. Meanwhile, Edmonton could use a blueliner like EL to further complement their system. Will need another top puck mover to exploit RNH and company.

Vancouver: Whitney, Hemsky, Dennis for Schneider, Higgins, and first rounder

No way are two divisional rivals going to make trades that could bite either one of them in the rear end, that's what you're thinking. But this trade can help both parties out. For Vancouver, it will land them Whitney and Hemsky who can greatly revive the PP and provide ample secondary offense. It will cost giving up the starting goaltender, but maybe it's time to go back to Lu in the nets and give him a second chance to finish what he started.

For Edmonton, it would give them a second young goaltender with more upside than Dubnyk. Schneids will still have to share considerable time in net, but it's easier to share with someone like Dubnyk. Plus, they both can push each other to get better. In Higgins, they'll have a quality checking-line centre to stabalize things.

Why can't people realize Dubnyk is a terrible goaltender?

He's not even a goalie, he has no style at all. The only reason he has a career is because he's so big he just has to stand there and the puck hits him.

He's so damn terrible, it's ridiculous. Perfect example of a guy that doesn't need skill to succeed.

They won't contend until they finally fire Tambellini and let someone like Burke actually make the effort to put the finishing touches to a contending team.

Tambelilini's press conference was embarrassing. "It's hard to make trades" "We acquired a face off person". He's done nothing at all. Probably had to pull out the NHL guide to trading handbook out just to know that he can acquire Smithson.

Well this pic says otherwise....

Let's review the evidence:

Mask? Check.

Pads? Check.

Goal stick? Check.

Catching glove and blocker? Check.

On his knees in the crease? Check.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am 100% certain that Devan Dubnyk is in fact, a goalie.

8-2 against Calgary, but that's a shell of a team right now.

Size and speed up front, along with giant physical defencemen and a solid goalie are what wins playoff series.

Edmonton has speed, that's about it. If they make it, the only teams they'll beat are the small, not-so-physical ones. Big defencemen would rub out their forwards with ease. A Chicago-Edmonton series would be wide-open, entertaining hockey to watch but would be over in 5 games. An Anaheim-Edmonton series would be a sweep, their players are far too big and physical for Edmonton's kids.

They'll make the playoffs this year, I'm sure as the eighth seed, and I'm hoping they'll upset the Hawks and Ducks, then face off against Nucks for the Conference Finals.

With these two trades, they would be Cup contenders:

Phoenix: Gagner for Ekmann-Larsson

Phoenix already has Keith Yandle on their blueline plus more quality blueliners in their system, like Brandon Gormley. They lack a top line centre. Meanwhile, Edmonton could use a blueliner like EL to further complement their system. Will need another top puck mover to exploit RNH and company.

Vancouver: Whitney, Hemsky, Dennis for Schneider, Higgins, and first rounder

No way are two divisional rivals going to make trades that could bite either one of them in the rear end, that's what you're thinking. But this trade can help both parties out. For Vancouver, it will land them Whitney and Hemsky who can greatly revive the PP and provide ample secondary offense. It will cost giving up the starting goaltender, but maybe it's time to go back to Lu in the nets and give him a second chance to finish what he started.

For Edmonton, it would give them a second young goaltender with more upside than Dubnyk. Schneids will still have to share considerable time in net, but it's easier to share with someone like Dubnyk. Plus, they both can push each other to get better. In Higgins, they'll have a quality checking-line centre to stabalize things.

Archived