The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis has shown he IS the right guy for the job

Ghewlash

His only obligation is to make a good Hockey deal.

If we are to believe the rumours, 1-2 late picks and Clarke MacArthur is such an insult to the negotiating process, Luongo and the Canucks organization.

I agree not giving Lu for nothing. But fact is he may just have to do it this summer with the cap coming down. This makes us lose even more leverage in the summer for either goalie because teams know we are not carrying 2 goalies at almost 10 million with the cap coming down and we have to move someone.

Gillis could have made this team better had he heard or made offers that included Schneider. He still could move him in the summer for a big trade. But teams know we have to move 1 goalie, and will force our hand. However I do see Philly buying out Bryzgalov and giving us what we want for Luongo.

Now that more details are known it is blatantly false to say MG didn't work hard to make things happen on trade day, especially with Loungo.

However, even though I never it could actually happen and hate to say it, it might be Schneider who ends up moving in the off season.

I agree not giving Lu for nothing. But fact is he may just have to do it this summer with the cap coming down. This makes us lose even more leverage in the summer for either goalie because teams know we are not carrying 2 goalies at almost 10 million with the cap coming down and we have to move someone.

Gillis could have made this team better had he heard or made offers that included Schneider. He still could move him in the summer for a big trade. But teams know we have to move 1 goalie, and will force our hand. However I do see Philly buying out Bryzgalov and giving us what we want for Luongo.

Yeah it's a fire-everyone atmosphere when the injury plagued team doesn't win the next president's trophy. I think we have a good team when we're healthy, and we're approaching that now. What more, we've added a 20-30 goals scoring centerman. It isn't a bust like everyone is making it out to be. Let's see how the end of the year plays out. I think this team's experience gives us a chance to go far still.

We dont need to buy out Luongo, there are plenty of teams that want him, there are just none that are willing to give up good roster players for him. I'm sure if he were on waivers he would've been claimed by many teams. Draft day could be a very good day to finally trade him.

MG wasn't going to trade Luongo for picks or a prospect as that didn't help us at all this playoffs. The offseason will be a better time to move Luongo for a less current impactful asset

they are not going to pay 6 mil a year to a goalie when they are rebuilding. They will probably tank the next season, drop some good prospects, sign a few free agent, and rebuild from there.

beside, the canucks will not want to play against Luongo in the same division.

Good post.

Here is what most of the fan base doesn't see -

In a year, we traded Hodgson, got Kassian

Then traded a pick and our 4th/5th prospect for Roy.

So essentially, we are in the same position as we were last year -

Roy > Hodgson

Kassian > Connauton + 2nd round pick

People didn't complain last year when we won the president's trophy, and this year we arguably have a better team.

Lost Salo - added Garrisson

Lost Hodgson - added Roy

Added Kassian

Raymond 2013 > Raymond 2012

Hansen 2013 > Hansen 2012

Ballard 2013 > Ballard 2012

Tanev 2013 >> Tanev 2012

Team just needs to get it together...remember as random as things may seem, there is always a plan.

Good post.

Here is what most of the fan base doesn't see -

In a year, we traded Hodgson, got Kassian

Then traded a pick and our 4th/5th prospect for Roy.

So essentially, we are in the same position as we were last year -

Roy > Hodgson

Kassian > Connauton + 2nd round pick

People didn't complain last year when we won the president's trophy, and this year we arguably have a better team.

Lost Salo - added Garrisson

Lost Hodgson - added Roy

Added Kassian

Raymond 2013 > Raymond 2012

Hansen 2013 > Hansen 2012

Ballard 2013 > Ballard 2012

Tanev 2013 >> Tanev 2012

Team just needs to get it together...remember as random as things may seem, there is always a plan.

The point is, if we have to give him away for nothing at some point, then why do it a dozen games before the playoffs? We're not getting much for Luongo? Let's not get much for him after the playoffs. He doesn't appear to have much off-ice value right now, but he sure has a lot of on-ice value for us in this year's playoffs.

Archived