The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MY SCOUTING

Well im not a pro scout but i see a good player thru my eyes but im only suggesting..lol..i feel there are many local players and local eagues the canucks should focus on when looking for free agents drafts etc..i know they scout the bchl whl and so forth but never pick much up in last few decades...there is a player named kyle hood who if was bit bigger would be a star in the nhl..not a paul coffey but has skill just as good as other bchl d men..garrison irwin and so on..there are a few in the bchl playoffs too that i think will be good nhl d men...

I agree with your opinions of keeping eyes out for local players, but I wouldn't make such quick assumptions of how great these players can become. Remember the BCHL is a lower-level league than the WHL and the reason why the canucks have chosen mostly from eastern leagues is because there are a more attractive bunch of players to choose from. I dont really understand too much of a significance that a "homegrown" player from BC can bring if there are any other players that have more skill or talent from somewhere else are available for the canucks to get their hands on.

ya well it you think duncan keith paul kariya brett hull kyle turris andrew ladd brent seabrook tyler bozak are not bad players well im not good at looking for talent..these guys were not rated too high at all besides turris..there could be a stanley cup roster in the local leaugues..the eat has many good goalies i think but the overall rugged skilled type guys are west..europeans have skill the west has gritt..

Archived