The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who would have backed up Schnieder?

scooter23222

Well as a back up. having watched Chicago all season I would have been happy to sign Climie. He has "Luongo"d" the Wolves in almost every game I've watched and boy did they need him.

He has a .919 and 2.4 and believe me playing behind that Wolves D these figures are great.

Schneider had .919 and 2.51 playing in his last season for the Moose.

He's big and he's a good shot stopper and while I wouldn't have him as a regular I think he would make a great back up.

It might be a fiasco and polarizing for the media but there is no better back up than Lu. If he needs to take over we know his body of work, this whole thing im sure has lit a massive fire under his arse. And he has also been a huge mentor in Schneiders development, probably still is.

We were never going to trade Luongo for picks... Wow... The only way we were willing to trade him was to get 1 or 2 good players that can contribute and make a difference NOW, not years down the road. Our Stanley Cup window is now, so everything we would have acquired would be for that purpose.

And for the record, you're an absolute idiot if you think he's only worth a couple "picks". He is a stellar, top 10 goalie in this league and is worth more than any team was even able to offer, which is why no trade was able to happen. There is no point of dumping such a huge asset for hardly anything or "future considerations"

We were never going to trade Luongo for picks... Wow... The only way we were willing to trade him was to get 1 or 2 good players that can contribute and make a difference NOW, not years down the road. Our Stanley Cup window is now, so everything we would have acquired would be for that purpose.

And for the record, you're an absolute idiot if you think he's only worth a couple "picks". He is a stellar, top 10 goalie in this league and is worth more than any team was even able to offer, which is why no trade was able to happen. There is no point of dumping such a huge asset for hardly anything or "future considerations"

SINCE game 1 of the season, Cory has a GAA of 1.96 and SP of .931......almost carbon copy of last seasons stats....and I admit...it does not include his first game stinker...but.....does support the notion that hes back on his game..and...you don't trade a goalie with 'dem numbers fans..

People seem to forget that if we had traded Luongo for picks who would have been the back up?Maybe management had to take that into consideration for the better of the team.The team hasnt been blessed with health and i better 'Murphys Law" would have bit us right in the arse.

I personally never wanted Luongo to be traded but that isnt my decision or anyone on this boards to make?

But lost in all of this who would have been the back up if we only had gotten picks in return?And what price would have we paid to get the mystery back up?

Anyways time to move forward and i hope the 'team " starts to pick it up.Maybe now that the deadline is gone players can focus on hockey and not be distracted by fear of moving.Lets be honest that would play on any humans mind.Professional or not.

GO NUCKS!!

SINCE game 1 of the season, Cory has a GAA of 1.96 and SP of .931......almost carbon copy of last seasons stats....and I admit...it does not include his first game stinker...but.....does support the notion that hes back on his game..and...you don't trade a goalie with 'dem numbers fans..

Archived