Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VanGnome

Roy is not a rental, Booth won't be bought out next year

151 posts in this topic

Thats nice , Derek Roy will still be a rental unless he plays unbelievable the next couple weeks and forces Gillis or who ever is running the show at seasons end to find a way to keep him

He not going to sign with the Canucks to play on the third line, if like you show he's on the second we will probably resign him.

Team won't look like that next year.

F the cap decrease... wtf is this bull... as soon as canucks become a wealthy organization they put a cap? F the NHL ...

All those years I watched Detroit n avs hammer us and we spent half the money they did and now we get screwed because of the cap ...

Sorry had to vent. I hate the cap

There's a lot of assumptions in there. What if the young guys aren't ready?

Also, I'd rather have Raymond at 2.5-3.5 than have Booth at 4.25

Booth will need to go if you want to keep Roy.

There's a lot of assumptions in there. What if the young guys aren't ready?

Also, I'd rather have Raymond at 2.5-3.5 than have Booth at 4.25

Booth will need to go if you want to keep Roy.

He not going to sign with the Canucks to play on the third line, if like you show he's on the second we will probably resign him.

Gillis kept Luongo because he thinks he is going to cash in prior to the draft.

That marks one full year where Gillis has tried to dump his contract.

If I were the owner there is no way I am paying out Ballard and Luo just so the GM can continue on.

It is now the draft or bust for Gillis. Don't be surprised if the owners express their opinion should Gillis blow it again.

:picard: The OP just showed us this is not true, not saying he will stay either way just that it is possible, so Booth does not NEED to go.

The NHL will need to add a couple of teams to the league to make up for all the unemployed hockey players that will be floating around with this cap reduction....

I'd rather keep Raymond than Booth. Furthermore, I'd rather keep Ballard than Booth.

Gillis doesnt like rentals and ive always liked booth, just bad luck with injuries..

Good post OP

AV would have a stroke if Jensen, Schroeder, Kassian, Gaunce, and Corrado all made the team at the same time.

I don't think having gaunce play 4th line minutes helps his NHL development out at all. I'd rather have him in the minors and Lappy. Also higgins at signing 2.5 extension to play on the 4th line doesn't make sense either, as much as I like booth I think it would be better to offload his contract and fill in some of are other holes.