Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VanGnome

Roy is not a rental, Booth won't be bought out next year

151 posts in this topic

Ill never understand peoples want to keep Booth around... especially over Raymond. Booth has been completely useless since being acquired. We keep hearing about his size and speed, but hes not big at all, rarely plays big, and we've seen him use his speed to create chances a total of maybe 8 or 9 times in his entire tenure here. Raymond on the other hand, uses his speed several times a game to create chances, and is one of our best defensive forwards that can also play the PK. When healthy, Raymond has proven hes a top 6 forward here on a very deep team. Finally, Raymond can play with almost anyone on this team.. Kesler, Burrows, Hansen particularly.. I cant see Gillis being stupid enough to give up Raymond with what hes shown this year.

I'd be more than willing to give Booth one more year but not at 4.2mil with the cap going down.

Nucks will definitely looking for a 3rd line center. Not sure if Roy will fit there next year with a smaller salary cap

F the cap decrease... wtf is this bull... as soon as canucks become a wealthy organization they put a cap? F the NHL ...

All those years I watched Detroit n avs hammer us and we spent half the money they did and now we get screwed because of the cap ...

Sorry had to vent. I hate the cap

There are a few things wrong with your suggestion; I don't see us paying Higgins 2.5 to play on the forth line, Hansen is too good for the forth (he's currently got more points than Burrows..), Jensen is better off playing an offensive role in the AHL than being a third line checker (or more realistically a forth liner because he's a rookie and AV loves to play them there).

Roy might re-sign with us, but it wouldn't be for that kind of money. We can't afford to pay him Kesler money.

+ I see Booth being bought out, his underlying numbers are good but isn't scoring - and that's what those kind of dollars should be getting us.

Booth and Roy could be a very good pair.

So could Roy and Kesler.

Now if only Kesler and Booth could develop some chemistry...

I really like Shroeder playing with Hansen.

Why in hell's name would you keep a player like Booth and let a player like Raymond go. Booth has just too much downside, the biggest of these for me at any rate, is he doesn't appear to be a "team player"

Where have you been? Do you see how hard it is to get top 6 mid salary players nevermind an all round hard working sniper like Raymond. Plus the guy's game is returning, are the fans not entitled to reap the benefits instead of gifting them to Chicago or Philly?

Also Raymond has the same loyalty to this Club that the Sedins and Burrows has. He will probably settle for $3-3.5M just to stay here. The guy is not greedy, he's a farm boy. I wish we had another 2 like him.

Raymond at 3m > Booth at 4.25. Also, Gaunce -> Lapierre at 1m (unless he becomes a Play-offs monster o.O Then we need more money...)

A little bit of saved cap here and there, and that buys you the two depth guys you inevitably will need.

David Booth will come back in playoffs and go on a ppg pace providing the secondary scoring the team needs

AHAHAHAHAHA

Dream on. Booth did a good impression of the invisible man in the last playoffs...........and he was fit.

I think we will part with Booth, Ballard and Luongo.

IMO Booth and Ballard won't be bought out.

They're overpaid, but still have some value. (albeit not that much)

There are some really garbage teams out there that would take a chance on them.

On top of that, free agency is dried up, and overpriced anyways.

Some teams need to take salary on to reach the cap floor.

Wouldn't take much to get them, but they don't have ZERO value like some suggest.

Probably a late round pick.

Worst case scenario, having a team take one of Ballard's or Booths contracts could be an alternative to a late pick coming our way (to even up the value in a trade).

Question: Is there any rule preventing this kind of scenario? (assume, for sake of argument, both players waive NTC)

TRADE:

PHI - Booth

VAN- Briere

Both players bought out

Van signs Booth to a cheaper contract

Phi signs Briere to a cheaper contract

If Roy can play the way he did last night constantly, we definitely should re-sign him. He and Higgins were posessed.

I liked the booth acquisition when it happened and i still like it. Just bad luck with injuries, i think he stays.

Ballard im not so sure

If Roy can play the way he did last night constantly, we definitely should re-sign him. He and Higgins were posessed.